Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 16:18   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_tejash View Post
@All
Thanks for the the suggestions, I had tried a lot for the fuel efficiency but nothing has really worked
I have started to get my fuel from another pump now as it is a possibility that my present one was giving adulterated fuel which I really doubt as it is quite a reputed one, then too who knows...
I have been usually changing the gears below 2000 rpm or even as low as 1500 rpm sometimes but I do feel it is not practical for daily driving.

One more thing, how much would the tire pressure effect the average? I have heard that if it is filled lower than advised then there is a possibility that the average really drops. I used to fill less air in the tires as one of the service guys recommended it so I really don't feel the bumps on the road as my driving consists a lot on bad roads
Recommended for ANHC is Rear: 30psi and Front 32psi. Looks like low pressure on the tyres is causing you to get low mileage. Try the recommended and observe.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:07   #137
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Have been exercising some of my acquired skills on the car, using different products like Megs, Black Fire and Klasse. The effects have been great, have posted a few pics on another thread but for those who are following this , a few pics. The car clearly looks as if has come alive!
Helps to take some effort as really useful in the bangalore rains to have a coating or two of a quality sealant+wax. For a complete hogwash of a "teflon coating" they charge excess of 5K. I could do it all free and with better results!
Attached Thumbnails
ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-10082010022.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-10082010021.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-08082010299.jpg  

ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"-10082010003.jpg  

Last edited by mkh : 18th August 2010 at 14:23.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:35   #138
BHPian

Wow it looks stunning. I would certainly need some help form you to work it up for my car. Details please, wax, sealant, polish etc
Old 18th August 2010, 16:13   #139
BHPian

I too have the same variant and color and it is a year old now, but alas! if only my ride could also glow anywhere nere it. Absolutely stunning looks.
Being a complete novice in this area, I need to attend some detailing sessions from you to start with.
Old 18th August 2010, 16:58   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Helps to take some effort as really useful in the bangalore rains to have a coating or two of a quality sealant+wax. For a complete hogwash of a "teflon coating" they charge excess of 5K. I could do it all free and with better results!
Teflon is indeed a joke! Wow, your car looks great. Can you please provide details? Which brand of wax/sealant have you used? Have you done anything for paint protection? I'm currently using the Formula 1 beeswax...am quite happy with it but wanted to see if there's anything better in the market.
Old 19th August 2010, 10:27   #141
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Thanks folks for the feedback. I was anticipating that many folks will not be looking at the car care aesthetics thread hence posted here for only the ANHC thread trackers.

Now coming to how did i get this effect, just on a side note this is based on a lot of effort on getting the right knowledge and the products. If you check the pics of my previous car- verna which was the same colour and 2 years old, you will know what benefits one gets by the right care. Since the ANHC is new, its expected to be up to a certain level of shine.
I have clayed the car first and then applied Meguiars Ultimate Compound painstakingly over 2 hour sessions for 3 days to cover the entire car.
This had cleaned up the paint and hidden the free gift of swirls we get from the careless dealer who just wipe it with a cheap R 10 cloth.
I have then applied Klasse AIO and then multiple layers of Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant.
I have also used Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0 which is also very easy to use and has very good water beading effect that lasts long.
All these products were sourced from the US and are not locally available. I do get some extra when i order and then post them on the classifieds section for those who need. ( there are a few posted now)

I have a few more people who are seeking a practical demo so i am planning to conduct a detailing class, which will have a nominal cost ( to cover my product cost) and i will demo on a car section on usage of these products and the right techniques. You can PM me and we can coordinate this if you are also interested to learn.

I am also very particular to use a California Duster as far as possible and not wash the car unless really needed. The car has been washed 3 times with shampoo only since the past 2 months( even though its monsoon in bangalore)

Another key product I also use is the Quick Detailer to wipe off the minor water spots, marks or fingerprint marks once in 3 days.
If you do not have that then using a completely wet microfiber is also fine but with little pressure and not rub hard.

When washing, use a wash mitt and chamois to dry or a quality micro fiber cloth that can absorb water well.

A quality micro fiber is a MUST for car care, its not expensive and any novice or even the cleaning guy can use it. All it needs is that one buys it and washes it often to maintain it. This goes a long way to ensure that the swirls and scratches that come as a result of improper cleaning, are delayed or even prevented.

I got some very good micro fiber cloths, after a diligent search and am happy that i can use as many of them now that i have enough with me.

What i have seen is most people do not really take that little time and effort that goes a long way to maintain the finish. Once you apply the initial effort, maintenance is easier.
Old 19th August 2010, 18:19   #142
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Need some advice on ANHC. My car is about 2 months old (clocked 2K+ kms). Recently I have found the gear shift being "not very smooth", especially while shifting between 1st and 2nd. There is a small click before it engages into the gear (I am not talking about an audible click here). Basically it is not as smooth as shifting between 3rd & 4th. Can someone shed some light on this? Is it a problem with the gear-shift or is it common on other cars too? I havent been able to get my hands on another ANHC to verify this myself.

Also, I find that the steering is not centered correctly. There is a very slight tilt towards the left. Presently it is not affecting the drive in any way. I had raised the issue with the A.S.S. but the chap told me there is no problem and if it becomes really evident then they will take care of it during second service (when they check the alignment). But I am not totally convinced by this. Here again I want to cross check with another ANHC.

@mkh: wow man! you sure have kept the vehicle in "mint" condition. Now I am very embarassed about the way I treat my car.

Regards,
Aj
Old 19th August 2010, 22:01   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
Hello everyone,

Need some advice on ANHC. My car is about 2 months old (clocked 2K+ kms). Recently I have found the gear shift being "not very smooth", especially while shifting between 1st and 2nd. There is a small click before it engages into the gear (I am not talking about an audible click here). Basically it is not as smooth as shifting between 3rd & 4th. Can someone shed some light on this? Is it a problem with the gear-shift or is it common on other cars too? I havent been able to get my hands on another ANHC to verify this myself.

Also, I find that the steering is not centered correctly. There is a very slight tilt towards the left. Presently it is not affecting the drive in any way. I had raised the issue with the A.S.S. but the chap told me there is no problem and if it becomes really evident then they will take care of it during second service (when they check the alignment). But I am not totally convinced by this. Here again I want to cross check with another ANHC.

Regards,
Aj
Firstly, gear issue seems to be a common in ANHC as quite a few members have reported. It usually becomes smoother after a while. Mine has done about 8k, in the mornings for few gear changes i feel as though it's rusted, after that it becomes really smooth.

Secondly,
The steering not being centered is an allignment issue. Even I have this problem after I got my allignment checked for 5k. I will get this sorted out the next time.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 19th August 2010 at 22:05.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:05   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Firstly, gear issue seems to be a common in ANHC as quite a few members have reported. It usually becomes smoother after a while. Mine has done about 8k, in the mornings for few gear changes i feel as though it's rusted, after that it becomes really smooth.

Secondly,
The steering not being centered is an allignment issue. Even I have this problem after I got my allignment checked for 5k. I will get this sorted out the next time.
That's sorry to hear about that gear issue. I thought Honda build quality and engineering is much superior than any other vehicles. With 10-11 lac price tag i did not expected this from Honda.
Old 20th August 2010, 16:37   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemantbsutar View Post
That's sorry to hear about that gear issue. I thought Honda build quality and engineering is much superior than any other vehicles. With 10-11 lac price tag i did not expected this from Honda.
Well there are lot of other attributes which makes the car an overall winner in terms of quality and space. The gear not slotting well initially is like a "Dristi". I have heard form others that it usually is much better after about 10k or so. As I stated it is much better than what it was before.
Old 20th August 2010, 18:02   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Well there are lot of other attributes which makes the car an overall winner in terms of quality and space. The gear not slotting well initially is like a "Dristi". I have heard form others that it usually is much better after about 10k or so. As I stated it is much better than what it was before.
Thank you Jayanth. You have both comforted me as well as gotten me a little worried.

Comfort for letting me know that I am not the only one with the problem. Worried for hinting that Honda is becoming complacent!

I for one have bought the Honda because of the reputation of quality and I expect the car to perform each and every time I am in it. There cannot be a warm - up time or anything. This just is not acceptable. I will have to take this up with the A.S.S. during my next visit.

Last edited by ajman28 : 20th August 2010 at 18:03.
Old 20th August 2010, 18:45   #147
mkh
Senior - BHPian

The Gear slotting issue is rare and shortlived. Its only on cold start that i feel it and that too in the morning only. Its only moving into 1st or back in to 2nd and its not worrying anymore for me. Wonder what it is for though?
Old 20th August 2010, 19:39   #148
BHPian

Ajman,
There is nothing to be worried about it at all, you can put across this issue to SA in your next service. I guess they will do a clutch bleeding. Also make sure you depress the clutch all the way down while changing especially from 1->2, 3->2 and 2->1
Old 21st August 2010, 03:42   #149
BHPian

Absolutely Jayanth. The clutch bleeding will solve the gear engaging and disengaging problem. Recommended is that you get the bleeding done after the monsoons. The clutch oil is hygroscopic and none of the dealerships handle the oil in a proper way so that the fresh stock is free of moisture. There are two problems which this bleeding will solve. First is the gear engaging thing and second is the gentle pedal vibrations that are built into the ANHC when you move it from standstill (1st and reverse). I have driven close to 10 ANHCs and this vibrations are present in all cars to a varying degree in all of them (need inputs from other ANHC owners too). The culprit is the moisture in the clutch fluid. The key to success is doing the bleeding really well. Get the pedal also lubricated and if required spray with WD 40. ANHC clutch pedal gets squeaky sometimes, And relax...nothing is wrong. .Enjoy. This is a great car to have.
Quote:
Ajman,
There is nothing to be worried about it at all, you can put across this issue to SA in your next service. I guess they will do a clutch bleeding. Also make sure you depress the clutch all the way down while changing especially from 1->2, 3->2 and 2->1
Old 21st August 2010, 03:59   #150
BHPian

Dear MKH, i was very very surprised to read your post. The reason being how can two guys think alike. Your post reassures me that i am on the right track to detailing and did my resarch and selected my products pretty well. I too use a KLASSE All in One once in 8-9 months to get the oxidized grime off the paint, then use Swirl-X to remove the swirls that inadvertantly find a place on the paint (mine is black so it shows even more). I then apply the 4 Star UPP to seal the paint (2 coats which takes me 48 hrs due to the curing and bonding time of the 4 star polymer) and apply the Tech Wax from Meguiar's. I also apply Meguiar's Plastex to the headlights/tail lights to remove the haze off them. On a more regular basis, I also use a california car duster which i use every alternate day to remove the dust off the surface and wash it using the Meguiar's NXT blue shampoo once in 10 days. After my washes i either use the quick detail spray or the Meguiar's gold class (use gold class since i bought it and have to finish it). I use microfibers that i bought from Costco (US) and have been looking to source the chamois in Bangalore. Can you help? Once a month, i use the Armorall tyre shine and the Meguiar's leather protectant gel for my Stanley seats. Once a month for my Meguiar's dashboard polish too. Once in two months, i apply Rainx to all the glass and mirrors. It IS a tough job to keep your car sparkling and you have done a great job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Thanks folks for the feedback. I was anticipating that many folks will not be looking at the car care aesthetics thread hence posted here for only the ANHC thread trackers.

Now coming to how did i get this effect, just on a side note this is based on a lot of effort on getting the right knowledge and the products. If you check the pics of my previous car- verna which was the same colour and 2 years old, you will know what benefits one gets by the right care. Since the ANHC is new, its expected to be up to a certain level of shine.
I have clayed the car first and then applied Meguiars Ultimate Compound painstakingly over 2 hour sessions for 3 days to cover the entire car.
This had cleaned up the paint and hidden the free gift of swirls we get from the careless dealer who just wipe it with a cheap R 10 cloth.
I have then applied Klasse AIO and then multiple layers of Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant.
I have also used Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0 which is also very easy to use and has very good water beading effect that lasts long.
All these products were sourced from the US and are not locally available. I do get some extra when i order and then post them on the classifieds section for those who need. ( there are a few posted now)

I have a few more people who are seeking a practical demo so i am planning to conduct a detailing class, which will have a nominal cost ( to cover my product cost) and i will demo on a car section on usage of these products and the right techniques. You can PM me and we can coordinate this if you are also interested to learn.

I am also very particular to use a California Duster as far as possible and not wash the car unless really needed. The car has been washed 3 times with shampoo only since the past 2 months( even though its monsoon in bangalore)

Another key product I also use is the Quick Detailer to wipe off the minor water spots, marks or fingerprint marks once in 3 days.
If you do not have that then using a completely wet microfiber is also fine but with little pressure and not rub hard.

When washing, use a wash mitt and chamois to dry or a quality micro fiber cloth that can absorb water well.

A quality micro fiber is a MUST for car care, its not expensive and any novice or even the cleaning guy can use it. All it needs is that one buys it and washes it often to maintain it. This goes a long way to ensure that the swirls and scratches that come as a result of improper cleaning, are delayed or even prevented.

I got some very good micro fiber cloths, after a diligent search and am happy that i can use as many of them now that i have enough with me.

What i have seen is most people do not really take that little time and effort that goes a long way to maintain the finish. Once you apply the initial effort, maintenance is easier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks