Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:52   #241
BHPian

Hi MKH,

It does not matter where you bought the car. The car is serviceable across all authorized service centers located in India.

Since, you have already been to the mentioned dealer a lot of times regarding this issue, I think its time to move on to another dealer. I understand that the others are not placed nearby to you but I feel you should take time and visit either of the two other dealers you have in Bangalore to seek their opinion on the issue. There are good chances that the issue will be noticed and rectified.

If you need some show of strength, I am sure fellow Hondaites from Bangalore would be more than helpful.

Regards,
Kalyan
Old 20th December 2010, 18:31   #242
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Re: ANHC- Another New Honda City! One" H" to Another "H"

Hope this is the last post from me on the issue:
On Friday i took the car back again, thursday had called up Mr James when i heard the sound loud and clear again and again and made him hear on the phone. He told me to get it back.
It was getting frustrating as the problem was unique, it used to suddenly disappear in between as i am driving which was really weird.
We had long discussions on the phone but when i reached there(praying that it should not disappear) it was very obviously there and easily heard.
A technician was called and made to hear it and he promptly opened his mouth and uttered" Clutch Pedal.." but then stopped.
Mr James( customer relations manager) mentioned Nylon Bush to him and me,i told him the bush was changed last time and showed him the record too. He was suggesting a change in nylon bush but said we will look at what needs to be done under guidance from honda.
Well not to put my own reading of the situation, i was told to leave the car and was told they will record the sound, send the evidence to honda etc etc
I got a call in the evening that the car will NOT be ready, as i suspected as they are in talk with Honda Tech on what to do. I have got so many other things to add, but wish not to put that on a public board as it may have too many interpretations hence will stick to the facts.
I was informed on Saturday, car will be ready on sunday and when i asked what is the outcome, was told "probably" clutch pedal will be changed( which was the first thing the technician uttered too)
Well sunday i did not get the car and today i went to collect it after getting a call from them
I was told that they had recorded the evidence, video of it,and sent to honda. Even previous attempts of lubrication and bush change were told as that's what they were being told to do by honda
Finally honda told them to replace the clutch pedal assembly under warranty
Apparently this is the FIRST such case they have seen in the history of all ANHC cars sold and they are VERY curious to inspect the faulty part to know the cause.
I am given the unique distinction of having given Honda their first such case( not sure if its true) but surely first for WF Honda and first on TBHP!( that too on my FIRST new car purchase)
Took the car after a long discussion with the CR Manager and getting a couple of free gifts- small scuff on the bumper and soiled elbow rest on the front door, came back
Lets hope its closed for good, got a very nice request for feedback on this after a few days as its a most unique occurrence.
A few learnings:
Need to be patient a LOT
They will ONLY take action when they SEE the issue happen repeatedly
They will take step by step approach and not do ANYTHING other than the reco of honda
Be nice and take people into confidence and don't lose your cool
Calling One-2-One is not a bad idea but not a sure shot remedy

Will keep fingers crossed for a month but i am quite certain they have hit the nail on the head since it was something inside the clutch that i felt the noise was coming from
Old 20th December 2010, 22:44   #243
BHPian

Hello MKH,

It's good to know that this time Dealer took extra effort to fix the problem. Wish they had done this rectification in your second or third visit.

Anyway, hope this problem never comes back. I guess you are now a special customer to them and will be treated so in your next service visit.

Do keep updated about this problem. By the way, do you have picture of the changed part ?
Old 20th December 2010, 22:56   #244
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Hello MKH,

It's good to know that this time Dealer took extra effort to fix the problem. Wish they had done this rectification in your second or third visit.

Anyway, hope this problem never comes back. I guess you are now a special customer to them and will be treated so in your next service visit.

Do keep updated about this problem. By the way, do you have picture of the changed part ?
I do not think they will anytime do this action first time as honda will not accept a return easily. They will recommend first course of action- lubrication as a process(japs are highly process oriented)
Cant in anyway have a pic- its an assembly inside the clutch
I am surely a unique, if not special customer
Old 21st December 2010, 09:40   #245
BHPian

Hi Mohsin,

Good to hear that Honda finally considered a replacement and that solves the issue.

+1 dealers strictly go by a protocol here when it comes to replacing parts on a car under warranty.

It's just not only with Honda, my Santro was lying with dealer for a week (car was just a week old) to replace a faulty part related to AC.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:50   #246
BHPian

Good that the issue is finally resolved in the right way.

+1 dealers strictly go by a protocol here.

Somehow, I seem to have liked the Honda process. In my ANHC's 2nd free service I had complained about the horn. The advisor told me that they would just service the part for now and if I think the issue recurs, they can replace the same under warranty during the 3rd free service and it was promptly done so.

I do acknowledge the fact that it could be a harrowing experience at times to frequent the dealer every now and then when you see an issue and they do not see it.
Old 22nd December 2010, 17:12   #247
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have a VMT as well and need your help. I am up for the 3rd free service.

1st month ~ 1st service = 980 kms
3rd month ~ 2nd service = 2464 kms
6th month ~ 3rd service = 4100 kms ???

The car has been sparingly used, what do you guys recommend? Should I get the engine oil/filter changed? as it was changed before 2000 kms.

Best regards,
Sniper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks