Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 21:32   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
And i have gone through full manual, no where it mentions about run-in period.
Not sure whether AT and MT have different manuals, if they are not, check out Page 180
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:37   #107
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Second filling of full tank- Ran about 345 kms with 31L, giving about 11.5Km/L, this has been in full city traffic and almost 80% AC.
BTW this has been a problem with almost ALL my cars and even with the 2 new ones i have. In the rains, its starts to fog up from OUTSIDE the front windscreen, and if you have the defogger for internal fog,it increases. If you increase the temp, it reduces but then the heat is felt inside. Any workaround? Visibility reduces a lot, esp if you have the wipers on also. Any other folks faced this too?
Yesterday just did a short sprint and went upto 100, surprisingly did not feel as confident as was expecting. The steering should have been heavier at those speeds. Is there any drawback about its handling+grip at high speeds? I clearly see its not in the league as a Fiesta in this aspect, but should behave better, maybe need to see it a few times more. Any comments/experiences on these?
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Second filling of full tank- Ran about 345 kms with 31L, giving about 11.5Km/L, this has been in full city traffic and almost 80% AC.
BTW this has been a problem with almost ALL my cars and even with the 2 new ones i have. In the rains, its starts to fog up from OUTSIDE the front windscreen, and if you have the defogger for internal fog,it increases. If you increase the temp, it reduces but then the heat is felt inside. Any workaround? Visibility reduces a lot, esp if you have the wipers on also. Any other folks faced this too?
Yesterday just did a short sprint and went upto 100, surprisingly did not feel as confident as was expecting. The steering should have been heavier at those speeds. Is there any drawback about its handling+grip at high speeds? I clearly see its not in the league as a Fiesta in this aspect, but should behave better, maybe need to see it a few times more. Any comments/experiences on these?
Ya, i also face this problem of windscreen fog when raining in both my ANHC and Santro when you use AC. Surprisingly in my Zen the fog used to vanish like magic as soon as i switch on AC on front windscreen.

I found out best way to fight this front window fog is to use Normal AC(blower blowing towards us) not front windscreen blower.
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:53   #109
BHPian

Quote:
MKH - I guess this fogging on the outside would reduce if you change the setting of blowing cold air onto the windscreen ? Cold air on the glass would surely result in fogging up outside.

Wider rubber would surely help at speeds of 100, atleast a 195 width. I find speeds of 80 ~ 90 are the limit of the stock tyres.
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:33   #110
BHPian

Yup, go with 195/60R15 and you will be super confident at 120+, i have tried 150 with them and it was still asking for more.

For fog on outer side of glass, yes if you keep it on heat mode it will go but you will feel the heat. Best is change the mode for circulatory mode to inward mode and then point the blower to windscreen. Keep the AC switch off.

I think the manual says, "Inward mode, AC on but with full heat position, blower toward windscreen". Have tested it and it works, but couldn't digest the AC on with full Heat mode.

Last edited by TheBeastFieast : 23rd July 2010 at 16:37.
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:15   #111
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Yup, go with 195/60R15 and you will be super confident at 120+, i have tried 150 with them and it was still asking for more.

For fog on outer side of glass, yes if you keep it on heat mode it will go but you will feel the heat. Best is change the mode for circulatory mode to inward mode and then point the blower to windscreen. Keep the AC switch off.

I think the manual says, "Inward mode, AC on but with full heat position, blower toward windscreen". Have tested it and it works, but couldn't digest the AC on with full Heat mode.
Looks like then it was not that good an idea to NOT upgrade:(. Though my runs of over 80 will be like hardly 5% of my total running. Highways- rarely.
Any idea what will be the exchange price now that i may get? At the time of sub 100 kms i was getting like 3K per tyre almost.
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:59   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like then it was not that good an idea to NOT upgrade:(. Though my runs of over 80 will be like hardly 5% of my total running. Highways- rarely.
Any idea what will be the exchange price now that i may get? At the time of sub 100 kms i was getting like 3K per tyre almost.
Oh, I forgot to add the added comfort level in city driving that is just amazing as well.

I am not sure how much you drove by now, but the best price one gets when its brand new. For brand new Michlean 175 my dealer was agreed to pay 3400/- per tire, but my bad, I got MRF and they were exchanged in 2500/-
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:36   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Oh, I forgot to add the added comfort level in city driving that is just amazing as well.

I am not sure how much you drove by now, but the best price one gets when its brand new. For brand new Michlean 175 my dealer was agreed to pay 3400/- per tire, but my bad, I got MRF and they were exchanged in 2500/-
Did you upgrade to Michelin Primacy LC? How is the steering feedback at low speeds as well as high speeds? Does it feel heavier ate high speeds after the upgrade?
Old 23rd July 2010, 20:51   #114
BHPian

Quote:
If you're not going to be doing any much highway driving, why bother with upgrading ! I suggest you stick with the OE Michelin's.

Ive done a lot of high speed highway runs with the stock Goodyear & even though they're noisy & lack outright grip, they are not so bad that the situation is unmanageable as long as you drive sanely. (done around 30K already) I'm sure your Michelin's would be much better
Old 24th July 2010, 11:19   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Did you upgrade to Michelin Primacy LC? How is the steering feedback at low speeds as well as high speeds? Does it feel heavier ate high speeds after the upgrade?
Yes, I upgraded to Michelin Primacy LC and post upgrade i feel like a cushioning under my ANHC during in-city driving.

On Highway at constant speed of 120KM I feel total in control and relaxed. To give a comparison in my previous car Zen, i use to drive at 80KM on highway.

I have touched 150KM once and at that speed also steering feedback was awesome, i didn't had to grip it with both hands to make it steady.

At low speeds specially in case of parking its very responsive. I am able to park it better than my previous car. I never felt confident while parking Zen in reverse but with ANHC I prefer reverse parking more.
Old 24th July 2010, 16:45   #116
BHPian

@TheBeastFieast
Did you upgrade to 195/60 on stock alloys?
How much did Michelin Primacy LC cost?

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th July 2010, 01:11   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
@TheBeastFieast
Did you upgrade to 195/60 on stock alloys?
How much did Michelin Primacy LC cost?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah, On stock alloys. In Feb'10 they were INR 4950/-. One of my friend got them 2 days back and now the price is INR 5100/-.
Old 25th July 2010, 12:41   #118
mkh
Senior - BHPian

I want to get some good seat covers, had asked around and good art leather ones will be abt 7k, any good places based on exp. Also need some pics to decide a good color, biege with red on panels maybe wld luk good...torque on jeevab bima nagar told me g-sport at about 8k which sounded a little higher
Old 30th July 2010, 11:57   #119
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to update post my first free service
What to say- its a known now that most service centers in india are lacking the professionalism that is expected. Whitefield honda service lacks a lot, especially since they deal with premium segment cars only.
1. The service advisor did not appear to me as someone who knows about automobiles. I asked him about what do they do in the 3M surface treatment, he had no idea.
I told them clearly NOT to wash my car, which they happily did not, but all over my car were fingerprint marks
2. The car was NOT fully inspected by the advisor before giving me back, it had black fingerprint marks on the seat, arm rests, which is a free gift with every visit i have made so far and i think will be the norm
3. I had a small issue with the driver door not being as smooth to open and close as the rest, which was supposedly fixed, in reality, not.
I have not yet got a call for feedback also, i think none is bothered. I wish i could meet with the Quality department heads/service heads of Honda and the likes, and see what goes on. I think maybe we should have a TBHP taks force who assesses and gives feedback to the top guys.( provided they want it)
Have accepted the fact that servicing a car means - pray nothing goes majorly wrong!!

Meanwhile i realized that the slotting issue is mainly cause we are not pressing the clutch all the way down.
I started applying that little more toe pressure and its better. Does not tire the leg as the clutch is smooth but needs that little extra effort.
Have found a decently comfy driving position but surely have not found the drivers seating as comfy as the verna's seat, something that maybe is an little drawback with the ANHC.
I had got the reverse sensor fitted, the one where voice tells you the distance. I have noticed that often, it will just show 0.0 and shout stop even though there is no reason. Its a malfunction looks like, got to go and get it fixed, what a pain
Anyone else also faced this?

Last edited by mkh : 30th July 2010 at 12:15. Reason: added text
Old 30th July 2010, 14:59   #120
Adrenalin

Quote:
I believe ,as the speed increases the steering should become more lighter coz of the fact that the traction between tyre and road contact decreases. Additionally, you would have observed that the steering vibrates a little which gives you insecurity feeling, but its normal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks