Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 00:46   #46
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hey Mkh - Awesome job !! Too bad the rain gods are partying nowadays.

Unfortunate to hear the car didn't start :( Car battery must have been low from playing music for some time without starting & charging the car. Simple job really, they could have just taken out the battery & got it charged, did the on road guys do it ?

The FE indicator can be reset, by keeping the knob pressed for a couple of seconds. it must have been reset at the showroom before they handed it over to you. Within 50 kms it should settle down & start showing you the correct figures. Ours varies between 9 ~ 12 in city driving. It once went up to 21 on a highway drive There is some difference though in the mileage calculation. Max ive got while calculating the tank full method was 19 kmpl for a highway drive, which i feel is amazing.

Decided on the alloys yet ? If you're deciding to up-size, the correct size is 195/60 15 as per what i once inquired with a dealer. Stock size is more than enough for the city driving, if you do a lot of highway driving then definitely an up size is recommended. The stock width is inadequate for speeds above 80 kmph. I guess any of the high end Michelins, Bridgestones, Yokos or contis should be fine. From personal experience i find BS Potenza G3 and Turanza excellent.

All the best & keep us posted !!
Old 27th June 2010, 10:51   #47
BHPian

Not starting is a rude shock. Did you get it sorted out and what was the reason for the battery drain?
I cleaned the car the whole day yesterday morning, and had to take the car out in the after noon, it soiled the whole car, thanks to some water leakage from Sirsi circle flyover

Post some pics if you have taken in the day light. Just curious to see the shine on the car.

Regarding the mileage, yes reset everytime you fill. The mileage indication is in reference to the trip meter. Some cues to get better mileage is, as much as possible rev the car less, apply adequate acceleration while moving, switch off during signals, foresee the traffic/signal and switch to neutral, let the momentum carry forward the car. You can see the instant mileage indicator goes up all the way to 40. You can virtually move around in 3rd gear for city use.
I bet no car can give a better mileage in highways when cruising at 80-120 speed than the ANHC.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:49   #48
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Did some work again today- second coat of NXT. Now it will remain for a day as not in station tomorrow and not going anywhere today! Hopefully that will be enough curing time for the wax and sealant to bond well.
A couple of questions on upgrade:
195/60: Does it mean that GC will reduce by 5 mm( since stocks are 65?)
Will this affect the warranty in anyway? Asked the dealer and they are not sure
Still 50-50 and not fully convinced on the upgrades esp since got the Michelins as stock. Most people i see who upgrade are those which get MRF etc as stocks.
One reason what i see is on speeds above 100-120, braking will greatly differ, but my question is this: If that is the case, will manufacturers compromise on safety and give in adequate tyres? Esp a honda? May sound silly, but need to know if am going in for something worthwhile
Have got a quote for about 20K from a dealer for honda stock alloys, little higher but looks like safest bet
Old 27th June 2010, 16:40   #49
BHPian

Congrats on the buying the Honda City. And a very interesting first few days as well eh!!!

Michelin XM1+ is a good tire and is best for a comfortable and super silent ride. I have the same on my Getz. Do not waste money changing it. Wear it out and then think of upgrading.
Old 28th June 2010, 00:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Did some work again today- second coat of NXT. Now it will remain for a day as not in station tomorrow and not going anywhere today! Hopefully that will be enough curing time for the wax and sealant to bond well.
Still 50-50 and not fully convinced on the upgrades esp since got the Michelins as stock. Most people i see who upgrade are those which get MRF etc as stocks.
One reason what i see is on speeds above 100-120, braking will greatly differ, but my question is this: If that is the case, will manufacturers compromise on safety and give in adequate tyres? Esp a honda? May sound silly, but need to know if am going in for something worthwhile
Have got a quote for about 20K from a dealer for honda stock alloys, little higher but looks like safest bet
The Sidewall in 175/65 (stock) is 65% of 175mm, whereas in case of 195/60 it's 60% of 195mm. The difference is Circumference will be 20.42mm or 1.07%. Go to this link Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4 , on scrolling down towards the middle of the page you'll come across Tyre Size Calculator, this will clear all your doubts.

Warranty, I really don't know if they'll make a fuss about aftermarket alloys or not but even if you're confused between Honda and Non-Honda alloys over safety aspects, let me tell you that Lenso, Konig, HRS etc. are quality alloys, which have been recommended as you asked for good quality stuff
Old 28th June 2010, 00:16   #51

agree

michelin is better than MRF in my city. I agree u wear them out before changing. Enjou the ride
Old 28th June 2010, 00:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride, Mohsin,
I remember you were talking about new car and in the process of filtering the options you have.

ANHC is great! I went for a short ride on one of my friend's city yesterday only, hes got the same color, I really enjoyed the drive and started looking at more details about ANHC - for a while I thought its a good option to go for if I'm not really particular about an SUV and 4WD. Its really a very good choice you made.
Congratulations again!
Old 28th June 2010, 00:37   #53

Excellent choice.
Enjoy the Ride, Just let me know any options to increase the ride height of ANHC.
Thanks
Old 28th June 2010, 09:43   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Honda always cribs about the warranty. I have asked Magnum and Dakshin honda on upgrading the tyres, they tell me that the suspension warranty will become void.
Old 29th June 2010, 14:53   #55
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
The Sidewall in 175/65 (stock) is 65% of 175mm, whereas in case of 195/60 it's 60% of 195mm. The difference is Circumference will be 20.42mm or 1.07%. Go to this link Car Bibles : The Wheel and Tyre Bible Page 3 of 4 , on scrolling down towards the middle of the page you'll come across Tyre Size Calculator, this will clear all your doubts.

Warranty, I really don't know if they'll make a fuss about aftermarket alloys or not but even if you're confused between Honda and Non-Honda alloys over safety aspects, let me tell you that Lenso, Konig, HRS etc. are quality alloys, which have been recommended as you asked for good quality stuff
2 things
1. does the GC reduce with an upgrade to 195/60?
2. I agree the brands you mentioned are god quality, provided we get originals, as far as i have heard, a lot of duplicate stuff goes around and diff to find original stuff. Got a quote of about 21K for lenso, about 20K for honda stock and 20-24K for EVO. How is this last brand- EVO?
Old 29th June 2010, 17:02   #56
BHPian

Quote:
2 things
1. does the GC reduce with an upgrade to 195/60?
2. I agree the brands you mentioned are god quality, provided we get originals, as far as i have heard, a lot of duplicate stuff goes around and diff to find original stuff. Got a quote of about 21K for lenso, about 20K for honda stock and 20-24K for EVO. How is this last brand- EVO?
Those who have done the tyre/alloy upgrade, can you please comment on the above questions, in addition to few listed below

Upgrade to Michelin Primacy LC 195/60-R15.
Even I was looking at upgrading to these tyres, wanted to know the following

1. For how much can you trade the stock tyres
2. Is the warranty going to get void?
3. Howz the comfort, performance and handling compared to stock
4. Did you have any problems after upgrading
5. Finally what was the price for the Primacy LC and where did you buy them?

PS: mkh, sorry for hijacking your thread

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 29th June 2010 at 17:03.
Old 29th June 2010, 17:15   #57
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Those who have done the tyre/alloy upgrade, can you please comment on the above questions, in addition to few listed below

Upgrade to Michelin Primacy LC 195/60-R15.
Even I was looking at upgrading to these tyres, wanted to know the following

1. For how much can you trade the stock tyres
2. Is the warranty going to get void?
3. Howz the comfort, performance and handling compared to stock
4. Did you have any problems after upgrading
5. Finally what was the price for the Primacy LC and where did you buy them?

PS: mkh, sorry for hijacking your thread
hey no probs. I can answer a couple of ur doubts
1. the price depends on how much u ran your stock tyres, am getting a good deal for the stock tyres, but not sure about 2 and also if its worth
As for comfort, handling- it will show up only for speeds above 100 or so, as far as i was told. Comfort with stock michelins is great
Meanwhile got a great deal for the Honda Stock alloys, will most prob go with those cause assured of the quality, and no probs with warranty etc.
I assume the Honda stock alloys are great quality stuff( as is with all honda)
Old 29th June 2010, 17:20   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
These Michelin XM1's are not what I expected out of them, they're very noisy. I would suggest you soon upgrade to 195/60 R15 and select from Yokohama V550 Decibel, Michelin Primacy LC and Continental CPC2.
I am using the ANHC too with the Michelin XM1. The tyres are pretty noisy. The other car I regularly use is a 1.9D Palio which is quite noisy by itself when compared to the petrol cars. So the tyre noise very often was not noticed.

So now I am a little confused. Is the tyre noise really that high or is it that the car is super quiet and the only sound you hear are the tyres? How can one determine this?
Old 29th June 2010, 17:47   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Meanwhile got a great deal for the Honda Stock alloys, will most prob go with those cause assured of the quality, and no probs with warranty etc.
I assume the Honda stock alloys are great quality stuff( as is with all honda)
Yeh MKH,

I was under the same dilema for my ANHC, I searched few after market shops and was not sure which one to pick.

So I went with a safer approach of picking Honda Stock Alloys from the dealer.

Keep one thing in mind, stock nuts on S-Variant would protrude out once (Stock) alloys are fixed, ask them to use the same nuts that would come for V. I had requested them, but unfortunately Magnum didn't had in stock ( I guess they didn't want to).

It doesn't bother much, but would be better if they are at the wheel level.
Old 29th June 2010, 19:31   #60
BHPian

20k for the Honda stock is a very good deal there. The last time I remember they were charging 37k for the alloys. Is the deal for 4 or 5 alloys?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks