Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 11:45   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
maverick, What was the cost of your reverse camera and display unit? Does the display unit, at the right side of the dashboard obstruct vision?

goandude - Cost of reverse camera and display is 5500Rs. No, it does not obstruct the vision.

vsk2009 - Tyre size for my Punto E is 175.
Old 28th December 2010, 12:42   #47
BHPian

My Punto 1.3 E issues - Pulling left & gear shift problem

Lately my Punto has been plagued with following two issues -

1. Pulling to left- When crusing at 40-50 and if you leave the steering, car pulls towards left. I tried to leave the steering tilted slightly towards right and leave the steering, still the steering moves towards left and car is pulled towards left.
With hands firmly on steering you do not observe the "left pulling" pressure. Its only when you take your hands off the steering it moves left.
No idea what could be the reason. My odo stands at 4000kms and during 1st service, alignment was checked, no misalignment diagnosed.

2. Hard gear shift- Gear shift is slighlty vague. Even after pressing the clutch fully, some times first gear doesn't engage. In such situations, I depress and press the clutch fully and try to engage it with some force. I can sense that gear is engaing but with "unhappiness", its same kind of feeling of gear shift when the clutch is not fully pressed 9even though I have pressed clutch fully..!). Initially I thought the clutch might not be getting fully pressed due to my shoes, so I have driven bare foot and fully engaged the clutch. Problem appears - while engaging 1st gear. Also, the gear shift is not as smooth it was.

I have booked appointment with dealer, lets see what happens.

Has any one of you faced with this situation?
Old 28th December 2010, 13:01   #48
BHPian

Re: My Punto 1.3 E issues - Pulling left & gear shift problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Lately my Punto has been plagued with following two issues -

1. Pulling to left- When crusing at 40-50 and if you leave the steering, car pulls towards left. I tried to leave the steering tilted slightly towards right and leave the steering, still the steering moves towards left and car is pulled towards left.
With hands firmly on steering you do not observe the "left pulling" pressure. Its only when you take your hands off the steering it moves left.
No idea what could be the reason. My odo stands at 4000kms and during 1st service, alignment was checked, no misalignment diagnosed.

2. Hard gear shift- Gear shift is slighlty vague. Even after pressing the clutch fully, some times first gear doesn't engage. In such situations, I depress and press the clutch fully and try to engage it with some force. I can sense that gear is engaing but with "unhappiness", its same kind of feeling of gear shift when the clutch is not fully pressed 9even though I have pressed clutch fully..!). Initially I thought the clutch might not be getting fully pressed due to my shoes, so I have driven bare foot and fully engaged the clutch. Problem appears - while engaging 1st gear. Also, the gear shift is not as smooth it was.

I have booked appointment with dealer, lets see what happens.

Has any one of you faced with this situation?

Reg. the clutch. I have had similar issue in my spark after the 10,000 service. During service they lubricated my clutch cable but the cable had too much ply on it when I got the car back. In that condition, No matter how much you depress, the gear shift will not be smooth. You have to tighten the ply of the cable so that the clutch action starts pretty earlier than what you have now.

To find the correct clutch position, you can have a visual inspection of the pedal position. With correct clutch cable alignment, your pedal will be on same height with your brake and accelerator pedal.

At that position, your free ply with clutch ideally should be some 2-3 inches and not more than that. Try to get this with some good mechanic and check whether your gear shift becomes smoother.

Last edited by shineshine : 28th December 2010 at 13:04.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:37   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post

I am facing the same issue with my newly bought Punto 90HP. After having driven it for 200kms I noticed this behavior. The moment you take your hands off, the wheels tilts by approx 5 degrees to left and car starts pulling leftwards. Two of my friends have bought 90 HP a couple of days ago and are experiencing the same issue.

Surprisingly, my odo reads 1700 km as of now and there's absolutely no sign of wear on any of the tires on either side. What could this be?
Old 29th December 2010, 11:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Reg. the clutch. I have had similar issue in my spark after the 10,000 service. During service they lubricated my clutch cable but the cable had too much ply on it when I got the car back. In that condition, No matter how much you depress, the gear shift will not be smooth. You have to tighten the ply of the cable so that the clutch action starts pretty earlier than what you have now.

To find the correct clutch position, you can have a visual inspection of the pedal position. With correct clutch cable alignment, your pedal will be on same height with your brake and accelerator pedal.

At that position, your free ply with clutch ideally should be some 2-3 inches and not more than that. Try to get this with some good mechanic and check whether your gear shift becomes smoother.
Thanks for your inputs on the clutch cable.

Tomorrow I'm taking my car to the dealer to check out following things -
1. Entire clutch assembly, master slave cylinder etc
2. clutch cable check
3. Check the gear shift for hard shift
4. Wheel alignment and balancing
5. Front suspension and tie end rod check

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping to see the things resolved.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:42   #51
BHPian

I got my car back after three days at the dealership. I used to visit them everyday to check if thay are actually "working" on the car. On first day when I went at 5pm, I found that they had done nothing except a test ride to find out the problems. Spoke to the advisor and made clear my displeasure, he promised that he would start the work on the car first thing in morning.

For the hard gear shift issue, they have replaced clutch pressure plate within warranty. I'm surprised that it needs to be replaced so soon. I checked the replaced plate and asked the mechanic any issues in it. He said it cant be checked visually.

They also changed the gear oil (2L) as it seems the viscosity was not right.

Checked and done the alignment.

For rear left thump noise, they replaced the suspension but could not solve the issue. The works manager said they have written to FIAT and FIAT engineer will come down to check.

Bill - I paid only for gear oil (750 Rs) rest everything was in warranty.

After service experience -

I found the hard gear shift issue solved to 95-100%. Will try another TD car in showroom to confirm.

I noticed that after change in gear oil, engine noise has been reduced significantly. Car has become very quiet, almost like a petrol car and the drive is super smooth.

Overall service experience was good, only grudge is that they take more time now. One factor is since BUB has closed, there is huge rush in Pandit.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:47   #52
BHPian

Re: My Punto - MJD E - B White

What about the Pulling to Left issue..? was it solved as well.
I have driven almost 700 km in my Punto, I also feel pulling to left is an issue in new Punto's. The TD car was not having this issue.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:50   #53
BHPian

Re: My Punto - MJD E - B White

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
What about the Pulling to Left issue..? was it solved as well.
I have driven almost 700 km in my Punto, I also feel pulling to left is an issue in new Punto's. The TD car was not having this issue.
Yes the pulling issue was resolved, they did the alignment. Advisor also said that there was uneven pressure in the tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks