Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 17:07   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
Maverick congrats on your Punto Buy . Wishing you happy miles ahead
6.2 Lakhs on road for a E MJD . Bangalore its 6.8 on road

And the reverse parking sensor with Display ,is it the fiat genuine accessory
No its not Fiat genuine accesory. Make - RPM, it does not have sensors, its just reverse camera (but it is sufficient).
Old 26th August 2010, 00:11   #32
BHPian

Congrats on your BNW GP. ITs the best hatchback currently available - my feelings. Even I have BNW GP EPack. Its a splendid car. By the way where did you purchase the Reverse camera and how much did you pay for it?
Old 26th August 2010, 00:26   #33
BHPian

Do not see any Punto Delhi owners here ?

I am contemplating Punto MJD Emotion variant and the OTR price offerred is 6.12 (including the extra 4000/- for Tuscan wine colour).

Is it OK ? and others please suggest if anything in specific to be checked during delivery.

Cheers.
Old 26th August 2010, 01:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
Do not see any Punto Delhi owners here ?

I am contemplating Punto MJD Emotion variant and the OTR price offerred is 6.12 (including the extra 4000/- for Tuscan wine colour).

Is it OK ? and others please suggest if anything in specific to be checked during delivery.

Cheers.
If this includes insurance, then yes, the price is fine. Just do through the teambhp checklist, that is quite comprehensive. Just note, make sure that the car is delivered during the day (not later than 5), so that you can start inspecting it before 3pm.
Old 26th August 2010, 06:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
No its not Fiat genuine accesory. Make - RPM, it does not have sensors, its just reverse camera (but it is sufficient).
Hey Maverick, Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Club!! The BNW is a lil high on maintenance (Especially in the Rains) but is gorgeous nonetheless.

Camera setup looks good. I had to make-do with FGA Autocop reverse sensors but the good part is they assure no warranty void and I got the sensors in white. The display has direction of obstacle and its distance with beeping.

Also, I got a AUX cable from a local accessory store for playing Phones and MP3 players and works better than CDs on stock player. Didn't find any options for USB cable, Blaupunkt Dealer says that they dont make it anymore. But the cable lets be listen to calls so I'm not complaining.

Keep us posted on what you opt for.

Happy Punting!!!
Old 26th August 2010, 09:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Maverick, Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the Club!! The BNW is a lil high on maintenance (Especially in the Rains) but is gorgeous nonetheless.

Camera setup looks good. I had to make-do with FGA Autocop reverse sensors but the good part is they assure no warranty void and I got the sensors in white. The display has direction of obstacle and its distance with beeping.

Also, I got a AUX cable from a local accessory store for playing Phones and MP3 players and works better than CDs on stock player. Didn't find any options for USB cable, Blaupunkt Dealer says that they dont make it anymore. But the cable lets be listen to calls so I'm not complaining.

Happy Punting!!!
how much does a FGA autcop reverse sensors with display cost. How is the display can you post any pic on how the display works
Old 26th August 2010, 09:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
how much does a FGA autcop reverse sensors with display cost. How is the display can you post any pic on how the display works
The FGA ones are sold at 4000/- + 500/- installation (Although MRP on the box is 3500/-). I got it all from my dealer in about 2800/- (Less than the FGA price because of earlier inconveniences like delayed delivery).

There are 4 sensors in the pack. It took 2 weeks to get the white ones from their Pune Branches. The display shows the distance of the obstacle in Meters (starts from 1.2 meters i think), shows if the obstacle is on the left or the right of the car (Green arrow is safe distance, Orange is warning and Red is dangerously close). Also the beep sounds increase in intensity and frequency as the object gets close.

Please excuse the quality of the pictures.

P.S: Sorry to hijack your thread Maverick
Attached Thumbnails
My Punto - MJD E - B White-29072010580.jpg  

My Punto - MJD E - B White-29072010582.jpg  

My Punto - MJD E - B White-29072010583.jpg  

My Punto - MJD E - B White-29072010584.jpg  

My Punto - MJD E - B White-31072010588.jpg  

Old 26th August 2010, 10:46   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post

Happy Punting!!!
Even the fitment what I have done for reverse camera, there won't be any warranty void as - no cables were cut. The guy simply put a jumper kind of wire from the music system.

I was present throughout the installation. I would like to specifically mention the quality FIAT has put in in its plastic parts / insultation. The guy was trying to reach the lighter socket by putting his hand inside the panels - mattings. He could not reach. There was heavy cotton like insulating material. He said he is seeing this for first time as he normally does in almost every car. Since he could not reach the cigarette lighter socket from inside, he pulled out the music system to take connection for the reverse camera.
Looking at the overall plastic (around A/B pillar and door panels till the boot) which he removed to lay the cables till bumper, he mentioned that it is quite strong in comparison to other car.

FIAT has put lots and lots of good quality cotton like insulating material inside the car under all the carpet and pillars. Which I think is really good and has improved insulation a lot.
Old 26th August 2010, 21:28   #39
BHPian

thanks zenster . your post is quite informative.
Old 21st September 2010, 14:57   #40
BHPian

First servicing done - 2200Kms

Update - First servicing done

Completed three months and also 2200 Kms on ODO. Did my first servicing in Pandit Auto, Pune.

Problems Reported
1. Rear suspension noise. Loud metal clinking noise when going over speed breakers / pot holes
2. One minor rattle coming from front LH door
3. Some rattle noise from behind
4. Rear parcel tray bent. It has become bit curved for some reasons.
5. Alignment check and adjust
6. I felt that there is something wrong in the clutch. When the clutch is depressed around 70-75% the car moves ahead with out pressing the accelerator. I think the car should move ahead only after clutch is depresses 100% and only after pressing the accelerator. Told to check
7. By mistake while inserting the perfume, one of its plastic part had fallen inside the AC vent, had asked to remove

Advisor told me it will take two days as they need to remove the rear suspension and check, this is not part of regular first service. I said ok, but just solve the problem.

Day 2.Post Service Report.
Problem #1: Partially resolved, happy.
Advisor told me that suspension was checked, all the nut bolts were tightened. Took test drive with the mechanic. I went over speed breakers and pot holes but the noise wasnt coming.I'm happy at problem being resolved.But at home during taking a sharp turn went over a hump, same metal noise appeared but this time bit muffled. But the intensity of noise is reduced and does not appear frequent. Now it appears only during specific conditions - while taking sharp turn and going over hump. 70% problem resolved. Will deal with it later as its not bothering me now.
Problem #2 & #3: Resolved, happy.
Problem #4: Rear parcel tray available in stock,replaced in warranty.No questions asked. Rattles gone, happy.
Problem #5: Alignment checked and corrected. No amount chared, I repeat nothing charged. Initially the advisor had said that it would cost 350, but I showed the coupons, he said its fine no questions asked.
Problem #6: The clutch was bled and air was removed. Clutch assembly was checked.
Again its the same, when the clutch is depressed 70-75% car moves ahead. Advisor said its not a problem and said I can take TD of a new car to check. I will do it over this week end. I'm not sure of this, any comments on this?? Is the clutch functioning alright?
Problem #7: The AC vent assembly was removed and foreign plastic part removed, happy.
All oil levels were checked, no oil top up required.

Total cost: 0 Rs. Happy.

Overall I can say that the experience was good (may be v. good) and advisor was really helpful in attending the problems. I would say that your experience would differ on the advisor you would be getting. I was lucky to get this chap.

Compared to the sufferings at sales experience, I had a pleasant experience during my first service.

Good job FIAT !!!
Old 21st September 2010, 15:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Problems Reported
1. Rear suspension noise. Loud metal clinking noise when going over speed breakers / pot holes
Does it happen at high/low speeds? I do get a noise from the rear (left) when I go a little fast over speed breakers, with the rear seat unoccupied. I understand it's the same in all Puntos.
Old 21st September 2010, 17:30   #42
BHPian

The clutch is functioning alright, and it happens in all new vehicles now.
In fact you should appreciate as it is of great convenience, you can now move the car ahead initially by just using the clutch and not the accelerator. It makes it easy and convenient as do not need to synchronize both the clutch and the accelerator. This is specially helpful in situations like - in an inclined traffic signal, when you need to move without making any contact the vehicle just behind you.
Old 22nd September 2010, 00:48   #43
BHPian

Congrats!!
What is the tyre size for E variant? The present fiat site says the emotion variant has 165/80 R14 for active,dynamic and emotion. Earlier it was 165/80 R14 for active and dynamic and 175/70 R14 for E. I had posted the same query to fiat customer care, but no reply received.
Old 24th September 2010, 01:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Update - First servicing done

Completed three months and also 2200 Kms on ODO. Did my first servicing in Pandit Auto, Pune.

Problems Reported
2. One minor rattle coming from front LH door
3. Some rattle noise from behind
4. Rear parcel tray bent. It has become bit curved for some reasons.
5. Alignment check and adjust
6. I felt that there is something wrong in the clutch. When the clutch is depressed around 70-75% the car moves ahead with out pressing the accelerator. I think the car should move ahead only after clutch is depresses 100% and only after pressing the accelerator. Told to check
7. By mistake while inserting the perfume, one of its plastic part had fallen inside the AC vent, had asked to remove

Advisor told me it will take two days as they need to remove the rear suspension and check, this is not part of regular first service. I said ok, but just solve the problem.

Day 2.Post Service Report.
Problem #1: Partially resolved, happy.
Advisor told me that suspension was checked, all the nut bolts were tightened. Took test drive with the mechanic. I went over speed breakers and pot holes but the noise wasnt coming.I'm happy at problem being resolved.But at home during taking a sharp turn went over a hump, same metal noise appeared but this time bit muffled. But the intensity of noise is reduced and does not appear frequent. Now it appears only during specific conditions - while taking sharp turn and going over hump. 70% problem resolved. Will deal with it later as its not bothering me now.
Problem #2 & #3: Resolved, happy.
Problem #4: Rear parcel tray available in stock,replaced in warranty.No questions asked. Rattles gone, happy.
Problem #5: Alignment checked and corrected. No amount chared, I repeat nothing charged. Initially the advisor had said that it would cost 350, but I showed the coupons, he said its fine no questions asked.
Problem #6: The clutch was bled and air was removed. Clutch assembly was checked.
Again its the same, when the clutch is depressed 70-75% car moves ahead. Advisor said its not a problem and said I can take TD of a new car to check. I will do it over this week end. I'm not sure of this, any comments on this?? Is the clutch functioning alright?
Problem #7: The AC vent assembly was removed and foreign plastic part removed, happy.
All oil levels were checked, no oil top up required.

Total cost: 0 Rs. Happy.

Overall I can say that the experience was good (may be v. good) and advisor was really helpful in attending the problems. I would say that your experience would differ on the advisor you would be getting. I was lucky to get this chap.

Compared to the sufferings at sales experience, I had a pleasant experience during my first service.

Good job FIAT !!!
I am facing the same problem as your 1st point. yet to be rectified. have to take it to a.s.s. Can you upload the service bill for reference
Old 25th September 2010, 08:42   #45
Senior - BHPian

maverick, What was the cost of your reverse camera and display unit? Does the display unit, at the right side of the dashboard obstruct vision?

Most Viewed