Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 16:47   #1
BHPian

My Punto - MJD E - B White

Booking: Pandit Auto, Pune.

Specs: Punto MJD E, Bosonova White

On Road Price: 6,12,000 Rs.

Freebies:
1. Mudflaps (Duplicate. Fought and dealer promised to replace with original as soon as they are available)
2. Floor mats (Original)
3. As per the scheme - Free Insurance, 26 months extended warranty
4. Mental agony due to price rise, late delivery. Had to fight to avail 10,000 Rs gift.

Kms on ODO: 400kms

MILEAGE: Such is the awesome ride of the car that I frankly don't care how much mileage it will
give / gives. Occasional cursory glance tells me its around 16-17 in city and 21 something on highways. AC on at all times.
LOOKS: Italian damsel with drop dead gorgeous looks. Look at the car from any angle and car looks ravishing. All the curves are so well designed and shapely cut that it gives you a great feeling of happiness. Look at the front and it reminds you of Maserati or a Ferrari.

RIDE & HANDLING: Typical FIAT trademark. Punto just unleashes a shattering upper cut in this dept.
I have been used to Palio, so I dont feel any drawbacks regarding the short second gear. Amazing to see the car drive at low speeds in 3rd gear. Good gear ratios for city driving.

INTERIORS:
Last year I had taken TD of Punto, compared to that the overall plastic quality has really been improved and looks really good. As compared to Linea, the black coloured plastic is now almost similar as in Punto. IMHO, at this price, plastics are great and surely exudes a feeling of richness, though may not be a luxurious feeling.

ICE: Stock music system is good. I fail to understand why FIAT has not put in the USB drive here. Why FIAT why?
Looking for options to have a usb drive.

BUILD QUALITY: Again, really good.
But the heavy thunk of Palio is definitely missing. Those who have been driving Palio will understand what I mean.
Paint Quality: Overall paint quality is really good. But in some areas I don’t know what’s going wrong. I faced following issues:
1. On the LHS front door handle, when you open the handle, some paint layer (around 5 mm width) has been peeled off. At first I thought some one has brushed against the handle. But after closer look and opening the handle to its fullest revealed that the handle was brushing against the top part hence paint peeled off. I checked for all remaining doors, there isn’t any problem.In my office parking there are 3-4 Puntos. I checked the LHS front door handles, and 2 Puntos had similar paint layer peeled off at same place. Other doors were fine.
2. On LHR (Rear) door, a mark has appeared on the car body at a point (some paint has gone) – where the door shuts - due to impact of door closing. I don’t know how but this should not happened in first place.

DRIVING POSITION: Excellent driving position, great comfort and you don’t feel tired. You feel as if you are in a cockpit. Good visibility. I have been driving Palio (with huge A pillars) for 9 years now and compared to that, visibility in Punto is really good. This may be attributed to the fact that there is a quarter glass.

ACCESORIES: From Carax, Baner, Pune.
a) Garware Films Side & Back (50% visibility): 2600
b) Garware Film Front (70% visibility) : 3600
c) Underbody Antirust 5 yr warranty : 5000
d) 3M paint protection 1+2 : 3400
Total Cost: 14,600

I gave reference of team-bhp and got around 1500 Rs discount. I don't know if these prices are good or bad. But I had no time to do research and haggle around various dealers, so just got everything done at one shot.
There are no black colour art leather seat covers available at Carax, so waiting for them. If any one knows a good alternate shop for seat covers do let me know.
Overall its been a great experience driving Punto. Its like day by day you start loving your car more.

Apologies for the pictures, I haven't got time yet from work. Will surely do a photo shoot over weekend and post.

Till then, happy Puntoing.

Last edited by maverickxx2006 : 25th June 2010 at 16:58.
Old 25th June 2010, 17:11   #2
BHPian

Let me the first to Congratulate you . As you have experienced Palio so you will understand the car & brand better . It does look hot, post some pictures
Old 25th June 2010, 17:16   #3
BHPian

Congrats. The ex showroom price as per list is 5.92 L. So looks like you got a good deal. Good to know that you are enjoying the car.
Old 25th June 2010, 17:24   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Congrats. The ex showroom price as per list is 5.92 L. So looks like you got a good deal. Good to know that you are enjoying the car.
I took outside octri limit, so saved around 9000 Rs.
Old 25th June 2010, 17:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your latest acquisition Maverick.

Not sure if I have this right, but do Fiat term the "Off-White" as "Bosonova White" or is this a different colour. Only the Pics should tell it I guess.

Hoping to see your Italian Damsel soon !!
Old 25th June 2010, 17:54   #6
BHPian

Congrats on the getting a great ride. The usb will be in the glove box.
Old 25th June 2010, 18:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. You have got a very nice car. Treat her well.
Old 25th June 2010, 18:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the Punters club! Upload pics so that everybody can drool over the beauty
Old 25th June 2010, 18:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Where are the pics?
Old 25th June 2010, 18:26   #10
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to club . I keep telling myself i need to start my own thread but I havent done it yet coz i haven't driven it much yet.
Old 25th June 2010, 18:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new ride.

Quote:
ICE: Stock music system is good. I fail to understand why FIAT has not put in the USB drive here. Why FIAT why?
Looking for options to have a usb drive.
Heard that there are options in the market now to make a Aux-in port compatible with a USB pen drive. Check with your local accessories shop.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:57   #12
BHPian

Congrats on the new BNW. Where are the pics? If you are not satisfied with paint finish anywhere, get it fixed asap. Happy mile crunching.
Old 25th June 2010, 21:28   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Punto. Do make some time to click the pics of the italian beauty.

Enjoy many more miles on the Punto.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:11   #14
BANNED

Congrats on the Punto. You are going to have Fiatful time ahead!

Hope you wont have any niggling issues. But if there are any, please post about them in the relevant thread.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:16   #15
BHPian

Which version did you buy?? Emotion or Emotion pack i suppose?

Congrats anyways. Please post pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks