Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 02:47   #16
BHPian

Congrats on the Ritz. I will be taking delivery of mine in August, even though i booked 2 months ago!

FE and more pictures please!
Old 29th June 2010, 08:19   #17
BHPian

Regarding FE : The car has driven just 103kms till now( mostly highway) in total.Will update soon.( after my next half- tank fill)

Regarding digital fuel indicator:

Here's a new method of calculating mileage,that I have thought of,but not sure if thats ok.

Digital gauge : 10 markings. capacity - 45 Litres

So, each marking indicates - 4.5 L

Till now no marking has become dull,that is,all are glowing black which means even the first marking (4.5L) hasn't been used up yet.

Distance travelled - 103kms - ( 9.3kms from showroom to home) + ( 24kms on odo - before taking delivery,yard to shopwroom) = 69.7 kms driven by me after I did a full tankfull after taking delivery and just before reaching home.

average till now - 69.7/4.5 = 15.5 ..( The first 4.5 L marking on the digital fuel gauge hasn't still come off,so it makes it 15.5 +)

Dont know how accurate this method is. Comments are welcome.
Old 29th June 2010, 08:37   #18
BHPian

Forgot to mention 3 cars that were a part of the decision making process:

Polo

Oh, what a car! Solid build( needed some strength to lift the bonnet with one hand). Great classy feel.

Downside:

1. 3 cylinder engine. Am not sure how a 3 cylinder engine differs from a 4 cylinder engine. But when I compared the drives, Polo lacked some power.The steering was great and so was the ride.But there was something missing that I couldn't find out.

2. 4 months waiting period . I was promised delivery in October by the dealer...too much.

Skoda Fabia:

Again, great build,classy feeling,comfortable seating and ride.

Downside:

1. Suspect dealership and after sales support.
2. Costly maintenance
3. Cost - Lowest model,petrol - cost 5.7 L on road.

3. Ritz LDI

While ritz ldi was 5.4 L on road, Ritz ZXI was 5.6 L on road ( after discounts of around 25k on both).

Now, the question was lowest model diesel or highest model petrol.
With my running between 900-1200 kms per month ( pls see my earlier posts), i finally decided to go for a petrol.

This was a tough call!

Interesting observation :

The lowest model of Fabia has airbags ,but no power windows,stereo etc. On being asked about it, the sales rep. explained that skoda places a lot of emphasis on safety and hence this provision of airbags even on the lower model as against music system etc.

While I was initially impressed and really appreciate this gesture, wonder why this doesnt hold dtrue in Polo,if this empahsis on safety is really true, after all the parent company is same in both.
Old 29th June 2010, 10:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hey anu romil, Congrats on your latest acquisition buddy and boy have you chosen the Best Colour (IMO) or what !!

During my test drives of the hatches, Ritz was one car that really impressed me with the performance among the Petrol variants.
I am sure you would agree that Ritz probably is not the most gorgeous Hatch in the country but believe me dude that colour you choose is the only one that is worth every penny!!
Awesome...Pics Please.

Any mods planned or on hold for the moment ?
Old 29th June 2010, 10:51   #20
BHPian

Congratulations. It looks great. Ride is bumpy because the car is new and so is the suspension. It will improve with passage of time. My car has leaf springs and it was very bouncy when it was new but now it is better. For gear you get it checked maybe the pins are not slotting properly.. Maybe they are causing problem in reverse position. Wish you happy motoring
Old 29th June 2010, 11:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
Regarding FE : The car has driven just 103kms till now( mostly highway) in total.Will update soon.( after my next half- tank fill)

Regarding digital fuel indicator:

Here's a new method of calculating mileage,that I have thought of,but not sure if thats ok.

Digital gauge : 10 markings. capacity - 45 Litres

So, each marking indicates - 4.5 L

Till now no marking has become dull,that is,all are glowing black which means even the first marking (4.5L) hasn't been used up yet.

Distance travelled - 103kms - ( 9.3kms from showroom to home) + ( 24kms on odo - before taking delivery,yard to shopwroom) = 69.7 kms driven by me after I did a full tankfull after taking delivery and just before reaching home.

average till now - 69.7/4.5 = 15.5 ..( The first 4.5 L marking on the digital fuel gauge hasn't still come off,so it makes it 15.5 +)

Dont know how accurate this method is. Comments are welcome.
This method is not accurate. The digital meter is just indicative. What I have noticed is that on highway drive it takes around 110 kms of driving for the first block to disappear, when filled upto auto cutoff.

You will notice that from full tank to half tank the blocks reduce slowly, but from half tank to empty, they reduce faster. The funny thing here is when I tanked up with the digital meter at half tank , it took in 23.xx litres to auto cutoff. So I guess its fairly accurate upto half tank, but not below that. Another issue here is, when fuel is filled upto brim it will take more kms for the first block to disappear than when filled upto auto cutoff as tank capacity does not include the amount of fuel that can be filled after auto cutoff.

Best way to calculate FE accurately is to fill upto the brim(not auto cutoff), then drive till the meter shows half tank, then fill to brim again. But there may be a safety issue here when the car is parked in hot sun with fuel filled upto the brim, as there is no place for air to expand. So either do it when the car is going to be parked in a shade or when you are going to consume a least one litre immediately after filling to the brim.

Last edited by longhorn : 29th June 2010 at 11:30.
Old 29th June 2010, 12:12   #22
BHPian

@ Longhorn - Thou are right !

The first point in the fuel gauge is still on,although I have travelled a distance which would give me around 19 FE if I go by my FE calculation method.

Too good to be true. . How I wish it was !

@Vik0728 - You are right mate. Black is one colour which somehow manages to camouflage Ritz's steep rear cuts.No immediate add ons planned - would definitely go in for parking sensors,some safety alarms,GPS,Headlights upgrade in the near future,though,when I have enough Vitamin M .

@Happyroadie - Thanks and hope it becomes a bit less bumpy as time passes.

@naveenvenkatesh - Congrats on your choice and hope you get your ritzy soon. Will look forward to your ownership thread then.

-Amen.
Old 29th June 2010, 13:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car buddy, drive safe

Doesn't the ZXI have Beige interiors?
Old 29th June 2010, 15:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Doesn't the ZXI have Beige interiors?
AFAIK, the beige story so far as Maruti is concerned, started and ended with the Zen Estilo. The Ritz comes with grey interiors, though there is a dual tone treatment based on the body colour for the Ritz Zxi.
Old 29th June 2010, 20:01   #25
BHPian

No beige interiors available. Black comes with blue interiors and some other colours come with grey.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:41   #26
BHPian

200kms update:

1. The engine has become a bit free now
2. Rear gear slotting problem seems to have gone away on its own.
3. The ride is a bit less bumpier than before
4. FE - still the first point of the digital gauge hasn't come off.Waiting for it to come to half mark before I fill in again and then take an avaerage.
5. Observation about AC - Even at point 1 setting,the ac seems to do its job well. At point 2- it becomes a bit uncomfortable after a point.Haven't noticed a drop in power when the ac is switched on during driving,a welcome relief from esteem,where the power drop was very conspicuous.
6. Audios are working fine.Steering thumb controls are a boon,especially when u have talkative co-passengers.
7. Nice spaceavailable to hold a cell phone above the gearing slot.
Old 1st July 2010, 05:42   #27
BHPian

I don't know if you have already done this, but get the tyre pressures checked! The tyres are inflated to high pressures when they are stored in the yard! You will need to get the pressure back to normal levels. Over inflated tyres means bumpy ride!
Also, consider swapping the junk JK tyres to Michelin XM1+. This will improve the ride to certain extent. No need to upsize as yet!
We are using XM1+ on our swift and they are really good.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:59   #28
BHPian

Congrats on the buy mate. Black is a beautiful color when it comes to cars. I wonder why i find so less Ritz with black color. From your snaps, the car is a beauty
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:47   #29
BHPian

Ist problem encountered:

Date - 2nd July 10

Issue : The car doesnt lock when I Press the lock button on the remote lock in the car key.The unlock seems to work,though.

I used the key to manually lock the car and by just locking the driver's door,all other doors got locked.

Need to check with the other key that I have to see if there's a battery problem in my key.

Any ideas/solutions?
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:17   #30
BHPian

Hey congrats for your Ritzy. I drive the SAME car. A black Ritz ZXi . Mine has completed ~5000 KMs so far and engine has opened up very much. It feels much better in city now.

Drive safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks