Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2010, 14:26   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Observation about AC - Haven't noticed a drop in power when the ac is switched on during driving,a welcome relief from esteem,where the power drop was very conspicuous.
Quote:
My Ritz Petrol is bit more than a month old & has done over 1000 kms so far. I can feel drop is power when the AC is switched on. Its not very steep but its very much there.
Strange, I dont see any perceptible drop in the Power with AC in my Swift (with the same engine) too. Ofcourse, with precise measuring instruments and other such things you may find it, but you don't "feel" it, even on the highway.
Old 11th July 2010, 14:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

I can definitely gauge that there is a difference in pickup while the aircon is running. If you give it the boot with the A/C off, and once its starts moving trying switching on the A/C. There is definitely a dip in the rate of acceleration with the aircon running. I'm not sure whether this is the case with the Swift too, but its very much there in the Ritz, though its not as prfound as say in an 800 or WagonR.
Old 11th July 2010, 17:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi anu_romil,

Just another question that I want to ask; both Ritz and Swift have the same K-Series engine, but still, did you find any difference in smoothness, acceleration, gearshift of these two cars? Though I have test driven the Ritz ZXi, I am yet to drive the swift; so I just want your views on this.

And the black color looks great on the Ritz!
Old 11th July 2010, 19:03   #49
BHPian

@rx2389:

Yah Right the fuel tank capacity is 43 and not 45.

I had filled up a full tank and after around 598 kms, the first marking on the digital gauge started blinking which means the fuel tank is almost empty(as per the manual).

However, when I filled up 17.3 Litres of fuel, the markings went past the halfway mark upto 6th marking for some time and dropped to 5th again after driving aroung 5 kms.

Which means: the tank was half full (21.5 litres) with 17.3 litres addition of fuel.

Which again means - there would be a little over 21.5 - 17.3 = 4 litres of fuel still remaining when the first marking was blinking.

Difficult to measure the FE accurately with this digital gauge

@WAG7 :

Interesting question.

While I was initially scouting for cars, I found the older swift engine(1.3) was a great drive compared to ritz(1.2).

At that time, I realised swift 1.3 would suit younger folks for the thrillf factor,whereas ritz would appeal more to the family guys with its smoothness,better suspension and relatively safe drive feeling.

It so happened that my car decision buying got extended till the time the new swift (1.2) arrived and a day before I decided to buy ritz, I got to know there was a swift lxi and vxi available(both 1.2).

Off I went to test drive the new swift 11.2 (although I had more or less made up my mind for Ritz).

The new swift was almost very similar to the ritz,now( as expected).

Th thrill factor had come down, although the driveability and visibility in particular, were better than ritz.

With the differentiating factor ( thrill) no longer there, I decided to go ahead for ritz. The fact that I needed some extra features too tilted the decision in favour of Ritz zxi as swift zxi was not available for quite some time to come.

The driving experience of swift diesel ( read Floating) was a different feeling altogether,though

Last edited by anu_romil : 11th July 2010 at 19:05.
Old 11th July 2010, 21:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Thanks anu_romil, though I didn't get a chance to drive the Swift; even my decision has tilted in the favour of Ritz. Now just two cars shortlisted, Micra and the Ritz. It all depends on the Micra test drive now.
Old 11th July 2010, 23:03   #51
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the purchase.

It was very interesting reading your thoughts on why you did not go for the SWIFT.

Hows the luggage space? That's one thing about the RITZ left unanswered
Old 11th July 2010, 23:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Congratulations on the purchase.

It was very interesting reading your thoughts on why you did not go for the SWIFT.

Hows the luggage space? That's one thing about the RITZ left unanswered
I also own a RITZ,and i can say that the luggage space is very good, specially the 60:40 seats comes in really handy.
I went to receive my parent from the station a few months back and believe me they came loaded with stuff.In fact they were also not sure if all these stuff can be accomodated in Ritz, as they some how managed to get those luggages in a taxi ( Ambassador) while coming to station.
But i was easily able to put all these in the car with the help of the folding seats .

Hope it gives a slight idea about the luggage space.

Cheers
Old 12th July 2010, 16:52   #53
BHPian

Yah the luggage space is adequate, if not in plenty as in the Figo, for example or the esteem that I used to drive earlier.

With the 60:40 arrangement, it should take care of the luggage requirements during trips to stations/airports etc.

For normal weekend shopping trips, at least for us (family of 2,with occasional guests arriving during weekends), space has never been a problem so far.

@ Schoudhury - Hey whats the FE you are getting in your VDI.

Also, any rattles so far in your car?
Old 16th July 2010, 07:13   #54
Senior - BHPian

Though I don't drive petrol version of Ritz, I would like to comment on a couple of positive common factors of Ritz Petrol and Diesel. The luggage space is sufficient in a hatch back car this is great. I could collect 4 students and their luggage in one trip from Airport just taking out the parcel tray I could do. The F E I am getting 16.5 to 18 in city with Ac and 23 to 25 in Highway in 70 to 90 speed. I am so much comfortable with this Fe and the tall boy seating.
Old 16th July 2010, 10:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
Yah the luggage space is adequate, if not in plenty as in the Figo, for example or the esteem that I used to drive earlier.

With the 60:40 arrangement, it should take care of the luggage requirements during trips to stations/airports etc.

For normal weekend shopping trips, at least for us (family of 2,with occasional guests arriving during weekends), space has never been a problem so far.

@ Schoudhury - Hey whats the FE you are getting in your VDI.

Also, any rattles so far in your car?
Im getting around 14 with little AC, in packed bumper to bumper traffic in blore .
Yup, not rattles till now ( touch wood ).

How about yours?
I think a petrol Rtiz wud give 10 -11 max in this crazy bumper -bumper traffic in blore.
Black is the only color that suits any car,it just looks beautiful, hope you are not finding it difficult to keep it clean and beautiful.
Cheers
Old 16th July 2010, 11:22   #56
BHPian

Ritz Zxi Dec 2009

Hey guys,

After a lot of deliberations I bought a white Ritz Zxi in december as my second car and I must say i find it fun to drive.
The K-series engine is superb although I get a fuel efficiency of only 13Kmpl in city with the a/c, maybe because i push it too hard. My car has run only 3500 Kms till date.

My reason for dissatisfaction from the car, along with the bumpy ride, is the rattling noise from doors & boot which gets unbearable on bad roads especially with the windows rolled up, where it feels like a heavy bass machine inside the head.

The maruti service engineers were able to fix the noise from the doors after they realigned/tightened the bolts etc. but the boot noise has worsened.

Any solutions?
Old 16th July 2010, 12:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.m View Post
Hey guys,

After a lot of deliberations I bought a white Ritz Zxi in december as my second car and I must say i find it fun to drive.
The K-series engine is superb although I get a fuel efficiency of only 13Kmpl in city with the a/c, maybe because i push it too hard. My car has run only 3500 Kms till date.

My reason for dissatisfaction from the car, along with the bumpy ride, is the rattling noise from doors & boot which gets unbearable on bad roads especially with the windows rolled up, where it feels like a heavy bass machine inside the head.

The maruti service engineers were able to fix the noise from the doors after they realigned/tightened the bolts etc. but the boot noise has worsened.

Any solutions?
I am guessing its the rear parcel tray. Do check if any bushes have gone missing on it. Marutis are prone to rattle, but the build quality on the Ritz is superior to that of the Swift and is supposed to be better among the Marutis. No rattles on my Ritz so far !
Old 17th July 2010, 00:10   #58
BHPian

@Schoudhury and Navan - Thats a good FE for your diesels.

And good that you dont have rattles so far.

For me - Yes, the rattling has started ,although i feel there's a loose screw lying somewhere in the co-driver's door that moves and makes noise while making turns.
As someone suggested in this thread earlier,might be from the seat belt assembly - hope to get it fixed during first service.

@abhi - Agree with you mate. The ride is a bit bumpy,even after reducing the high tyre pressures which the delivery guys had put in. After having test driven the puntos,polos,figos..the ride does seem a bit bumpy.

Have a wagon R back at my parents home and not sure but i think it was a tad less bumpier.

And sorry to hear about the rattles - go after the MASS and get it sorted out.

Longhorn - Lucky you with no rattles.

On a different note - guys whats your reaction to Maruti's advertisement campaigns on TV recently highlighting its strentghs - high FE,low maintenance etc

I dont hope to see in the near future - one which highlights good build quality

Last edited by anu_romil : 17th July 2010 at 00:14. Reason: spelling
Old 17th July 2010, 00:21   #59
BHPian

Missed answering the FE query:

Think I am getting 14 + with ac and music on all the time.Most of the time the traffic is clear while driving ( 70 % of the time ).

Havent gone above 75kmph ( and wont go even after the run in period) as I see a car as a means of transport and not a medium of experiencing nirvana.

Usually drive between 40-50 km/hr when the traffic is clear.
Old 20th July 2010, 17:53   #60
BHPian

With 900 kms on the odo, Ritzy is due for a servicing soon. Need to report the rattling of a loose screw somewhere in the front door.

Apart from that, need inputs on what other things should be kept in mind while going in for a first service.

Appreciate your responses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks