Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 14:58   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Buddha!! what a stonking write up man!!
Amazing piece of read.

It was exhilarating even to read, wonderful description.
So now that you are a fiesta fanboy, we need to see the snaps of your diesel beauty asap.
Hope you are taking good care of her!!I know without a doubt that you must be. Have fun with the torque man.
Thanks mate! Glad to know you like it

I think I went a bit overboard with the ending there, but you know, no edits allowed after 20 mins and all that Jazz.

I would have gone down and snapped some pics now, but its raining cats and dogs in Mumbai right now. And then there is the big match in the evening (go Germany!). But surely intend to get some pics up here during the weekend - tomorrow if not today. And I do need loads of advice from you chaps too (to get spoiler or not, to switch alloys or not, to get detailing or not etc etc), so the actual ownership report will finally begin with the next post
Old 5th July 2010, 01:03   #32
BHPian

Hello folks
Here are the pics of my ride...

Last pic is of it chilling with a 1.6GTX and a sports bike
Attached Thumbnails
How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02465.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02466.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02469.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02470.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02471.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02473.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02476.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02477.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02478.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02481.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02482.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02483.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02493.jpg  

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02516.jpg  

Old 5th July 2010, 01:20   #33
BHPian

So here it is. Not showroom condition, but not much off the mark. Does the job for me!

What I like so far
(this bit includes almost every single aspect of how it drives)
  • The engine. Roarrr.
  • The steering. Not one of those light vague steerings we Indians are supposed to like. This one is meaty, heavy and accurate
  • The gearshift. Absolute delight.
  • Little lights just above the doors on the rear. Dont know when they will come of use, but they are nice
  • Vanity mirror for the driver too. Yes I confess, its useful.
  • Feels well built.
  • Chrome bits all around. Looks like they do make a difference.
What I don't like
  • Hey its small on the inside. Yes I knew it, but still.
  • Hey what happened to the electrically adjustable ORVMs?! Weren't they standard on the Zxi?
  • The Boot. So far its been of no additional use over a hatchback. That's because I have had to lug around some bulky items over the last couple of weekends. Boot lip is so small that the items simply didn't go through. Had to fold rear seats and dump the stuff through the rear door. But I guess the boot will truly come in handy when I need to actually store travelling luggage – regular sized bags and such. Then sheer cubic capacity will hopefully come in handy.
The problems
  • Headlamps. I don't know if I need extra range, or whether they are falling short. Adjustment dial doesn't work (or I haven’t figured it out).
  • Wipers are not silky smooth. Make a small amount of noise if used when the windscreen is dry-ish. Should probably change the rubber.
  • Brakes. Are singing a bit sometimes. Am scared. Or is it just the rains?
Planned Updates
  • Number plates. Already changed.
  • Sunflower, courtesy the gf. Thank God no Gods on the dash
  • Spoiler. Was considering it, then saw somebody's post (who?!) that color match is a risk. Its an even higher risk in my case since its an old car. Guess I will drop the idea for now.
  • Need to get detailing done. The guy I know of is in Thane. Super far (I live in Wadala). Lazy bum I am.
  • Reversing sensors. I think they would be super-useful. But want a set which dont look tacky. Need to research a bit.
  • Music system. Doesn't play MP3 CDs nor does it have USB/Aux in. I don't like aftermarket decks, so am kind of short on choices. Ford tells me even the new Fiesta decks don't offer Aux / USB (the connectivity cable is drawn out from somewhere else near the gearshift, and that cant be retrofitted on my Fiesta apparently). I will probably need to get one of those FM transmitters. Quality suffers a bit. Not that I am an audiophile, but still Sigh. Any ideas welcome.
  • Alloys. Don't like the current ones. Design doesn't ring with me, and 3 of the wheels have lost their stickers as well. Again I am a stickler for company standard stuff. Am considering switching to the Sxi alloys. Any other suggestions welcome. Dont want to blow a small fortune on them. Also, tires are fine so no upgrade planned. Only the wheels.
  • Decals. Live To Drive decal . Probably on the rear right bumper. Would have preferred it somewhat higher, but then there isn’t any place till all the way to the rear windscreen. Also, wont the LTD decal and the reversing sensor clash for space?
Late night it is. Gnite!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 6th July 2010 at 11:16. Reason: only 2 smileys per post allowed
Old 5th July 2010, 01:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
  • Music system. Doesn't play MP3 CDs nor does it have USB/Aux in. I don't like aftermarket decks, so am kind of short on choices. Ford tells me even the new Fiesta decks don't offer Aux / USB (the connectivity cable is drawn out from somewhere else near the gearshift, and that cant be retrofitted on my Fiesta apparently). I will probably need to get one of those FM transmitters. Quality suffers a bit. Not that I am an audiophile, but still Sigh. Any ideas welcome.
The car looks pretty good. Congrats!!
I know you dont like aftermarket decks but imagine the situation when the weather outside is lovely--you have your GF beside you--open road.romantic weather, romantic mood, romantic everything, romantic vroooom. But no romantic music.
You definitely need music in those situations dude and real romantic ones. So what will you do?
So go ahead try some after market ones thinking of the consequences.
P.S-I would not suggest 2-din decks(i have heard they dont sound goo) but you may try them out as they may look good.
Cheers buddy!!!
Old 5th July 2010, 09:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

From the photographs, you have 1din music system installed - present ZXi comes with 2din music system which looks better for the console (no hole(space) down after fixing the 1din system)?

Also with Elect adjustable ORVM

I presume older version of fiesta Zxi do not have 2din music and elect adjustable orvm.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:04   #36
BHPian

Thanks.
I will definitely go for 2-din only if I do switch.
@Pancham, dont think those decks have sound quality problems as such.

Here is the 1-din thats the root of all discussion.
How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02494.jpg

Any ideas on the decal guys? Wouldnt it clash with the reversing sensors?

Some more pics...

Drilled pedals. Experience has been quite regular, so am indifferent. But I am curious about those wires. If I play with them will I become a hot-wiring guru a-la the movies?
How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02483.jpg

Nice armrest and headrests at the rear. I like.
How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02486.jpg

Cup holder between the seats. Okk...
How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02489.jpg

Ooh it opens up into two! Thats also why you need to post photos here - so that you can discover your car

How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02490.jpg

If you look closely, the car registration number is monogrammed onto this window glass. Same on all 4. Wonder how that happened. I like it though.
How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02496.jpg

I wonder what these things are on the rear seat...
How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02520.jpg

They dont seem the right size for any seatbelt related stuff
How I bought a car (Pre-owned Paprika Red Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq Zxi)-dsc02522.jpg

Happy dude signing off.

Last edited by buddha : 5th July 2010 at 10:23. Reason: adding photos
Old 5th July 2010, 13:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

I think those things in the rear seats are for fixing seat belt but looks like something is missing. Might have removed end socket from the original fitting?
Old 5th July 2010, 13:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

HEy, would you mind disclosing how much you paid for the car?

Edit: ok, got the price from ur last post. Now can you tell me which years its from and does it have DTE and ABS?

Last edited by Deeps : 5th July 2010 at 13:41.
Old 5th July 2010, 19:24   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks.
I wonder what these things are on the rear seat...
They are rear seat belts fixing things. If you don't buckle up you will have seat belts sign on dashboard! Your rear seat belts buckles seems to be under/behind the seat!!! You can lift rear seat belt and bring back those buckles up/front! What is the use of rear belts if nothing to buckle-up!
Old 6th July 2010, 08:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sunflower, courtesy the gf. Thank God no Gods on the dash I am also for it. No gods on the dashboard and mine is a honey bee courtesy demand of son

Need to get detailing done. The guy I know of is in Thane. Super far (I live in Wadala). Lazy bum I am. Where in Thane, can you clarify? & what kind of detailing are you looking at.

Music system. Doesn't play MP3 CDs nor does it have USB/Aux in. What about the speakers, how many are there?

Alloys. Don't like the current ones. Am considering switching to the Sxi alloys. Any other suggestions welcome. Ford alloys are damn too expensive. Pls check aftermarket for the alloys. I have listed the Ford price in my thread, link as below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1946488
Thats a nice writeup. BTW where is the location where U have taken the snaps. looks like Hiranandani, Powai to me. You have defintely missed the rear seat belt sockets for strapping the seat belts. You need to check with the seller. If not get it installed from outside.
The pics looks superb.
Old 6th July 2010, 09:10   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

@Buddha, the car looks neat. But I have suggest one specific upgrade : your camera . Now that you have this baby, I guess you will start going on more trips. You cannot do justice to the resulting travelogues with the camera that you have used to take the above pics ..

For the MP3 stuff, check out the MP3 FM transmitters. Benbsb29's Ikon thread has one such reference. This way you can keep the OE HU & still play your MP3 songs.
Old 6th July 2010, 09:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
If you don't buckle up you will have seat belts sign on dashboard!
+
You mean, if we dont wear the seatbelts then there will be a sign(light) comes on dashboard (in the instrument panel?)to remind you to put the seatbelts?? I havent seen any such thing in my car

Any other Fiestians have this feature on your car's?
Old 6th July 2010, 10:00   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
You mean, if we dont wear the seatbelts then there will be a sign(light) comes on dashboard (in the instrument panel?)to remind you to put the seatbelts?? I havent seen any such thing in my car

No such indications on the dashboard in my Fiesta atleast and that too for the rear seat belts. Dont know if @raghuholla has a special one.
I wish I had one.
Old 6th July 2010, 10:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
Edit: ok, got the price from ur last post. Now can you tell me which years its from and does it have DTE and ABS?
Its a late 2006 model. No ABS unfortunately. If DTE is distance to empty, then yes, it has that feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Your rear seat belts buckles seems to be under/behind the seat!!! You can lift rear seat belt and bring back those buckles up/front! What is the use of rear belts if nothing to buckle-up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats a nice writeup. BTW where is the location where U have taken the snaps. looks like Hiranandani, Powai to me. You have defintely missed the rear seat belt sockets for strapping the seat belts. You need to check with the seller. If not get it installed from outside.
The pics looks superb.
This is Dosti Acres in Antop Hill. Very similar architecture to Hiranandani. Actually RaguHolla got it right - the rest of the seatbelt paraphernalia is under the seat. Will definitely pull it all out when we are hitting a highway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Buddha, the car looks neat. But I have suggest one specific upgrade : your camera . Now that you have this baby, I guess you will start going on more trips. You cannot do justice to the resulting travelogues with the camera that you have used to take the above pics ..

For the MP3 stuff, check out the MP3 FM transmitters. Benbsb29's Ikon thread has one such reference. This way you can keep the OE HU & still play your MP3 songs.
Hmm yea, agree that the pics were not so nice, and thanks for the Ikon link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+

Nopes it isn't there on mine as well - dont think Fiestas have it. The cars that do have this feature also have an annoying 3 second beep to remind you, so its actually a useful feature.
Old 6th July 2010, 10:52   #45
BHPian

Hi Buddha. Very nice write up and a very nice car. Although I don't own a Fiesta I do borrow one from my "frineds" frequently. And I love the paprika red colour, and the black and the maroon and the.. oh, well I love the car.
So in Indian filmi terms, even though your "love" interest did not end up in marriage, your "arranged" marriage did work out very well. Adn I am not talking of the gf here.
Have a wonderful time with the Fiesta - you deserve it.

Most Viewed