Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 05:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hi Manik,

What steps did you have to take to make OBD software talk to ECM? Was is mostly plug and play?
Old 19th August 2010, 10:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikahuja View Post
Just a quick update. I decided to get my OEM Bridgestone tyres changed and got 5 new Continental Cross Contact AT's. These tyres are definitely great and thanks to TSK's feedback over in the Safari Tyre thread, I finally took the decision.

I got the following deal from the tyre dealer.

1. Three old tyres returned for 4000/- each
2. Spare tyre returned for 6300/-
3. One tyre returned for 2500/- (Had a little cut)

The tyres had done 7639 kilometers except the spare wheel which was brand new.

Got 5 new Continentals for 7k each.

Total paid to dealer 35000 - 12000 - 6300 - 2500 = 14200. Finally bargained a bit more and ultimately paid 13500/- for the entire deal. I got the usual balancing free for all 5 tyres.

Next stop alignment and surprisingly eveeything was perfect, no changes required. Anyway had to pay another 200/-

So here I am with 5 new tyres for 13700/-
Few more details please.

Tyre size and were you able to fit on the existing alloys (if you had alloys). Let me know please.

Prem.
Old 19th August 2010, 15:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Few more details please.

Tyre size and were you able to fit on the existing alloys (if you had alloys). Let me know please.

Prem.

Original Stock Size. I got 235/70 R16 Continentals. I have OEM Alloys and the tyres fit them perfectly.
Old 19th August 2010, 15:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Hi Manik,

What steps did you have to take to make OBD software talk to ECM? Was is mostly plug and play?

Mostly it is plug and play. You may need to choose a dashboard skin and customize it as per your liking though. There are a couple of dashboard skins provided with Dashcommand and you could use on of them as well.

Alternatively Dashcommand provides a Skin editor and I used that to modify the dashboard that you see in the screenshots.
Old 6th October 2010, 15:35   #35
BHPian

Hi Manik,
I had enquired a 2 DIN touch screen car computer with multimedia, Navigation etc., they quoted around Rs. 40,000/- here at Bangalore. But I am still not sure whether it is worth or not.

Secondly, while cranking/starting your Safari, does the carputer protection switch off and switch on? How did you manage this during cranking?
Old 24th October 2010, 00:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Hi Manik,
I had enquired a 2 DIN touch screen car computer with multimedia, Navigation etc., they quoted around Rs. 40,000/- here at Bangalore. But I am still not sure whether it is worth or not.

Secondly, while cranking/starting your Safari, does the carputer protection switch off and switch on? How did you manage this during cranking?

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in responding. I use a specific power supply that is meant to survive engine cranking. My carputer keeps running even if I have to start the engine.

Please see my earlier post where I have mentioned the parts list. That has the exact brand and model number of the power supply I am using.

Thanks
Old 26th October 2010, 21:51   #37
BHPian

Very nice write up Manik! It is honest and impartial at the same time. Way to go and wish you years of happy mile-crunching in your beast!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks