Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 22:22   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
@quadmaniac: Thanks. This is really awesome.

I am asking you a simple question, what do you think should I go for BEAT LS or LT (LT will stretch but still can manage)? Pls consider VFM also?

Thanks in advance.

Also, I see BEAT's front in your avatar. Do you own a BEAT? If yes, which version?

I would suggest anyone to go for the Beat LT anyday.
Old 9th July 2010, 22:33   #32
Joy
BHPian

@astonlobo: Thanks.

Can you pls elaborate the benefits, if you don't mind (I have to convince my better half also)?
Old 9th July 2010, 23:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
@astonlobo: Thanks.

Can you pls elaborate the benefits, if you don't mind (I have to convince my better half also)?
Features of LT which is not available on LS
Auto Climate Control AC
Integrated stereo with 4 speakers and antenna
Blue lit interior dashboard
Piano finish on front doors and dash
Silver finish on speedo console
Fog lamps
Roof rails
Body coloured integrated rear spoiler
Body Colored Door Handles & Mirrors
Tilt Steering
Power windows for rear
Rear wash and wipe
Rear defogger
Sunglass holder

Almost all of these would not be possible to fit it as an extra on a LS with a factory fit and finish
Old 10th July 2010, 10:49   #34
Joy
BHPian

Thanks. That's quite a substantial list.

How's oe music system? On a scale of ten, how much would you rate it?
Old 10th July 2010, 11:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Auto Climate Control AC
Fog lamps
Roof rails
Tilt Steering
Power windows for rear
Rear wash and wipe
Rear defogger
Sunglass holder

Almost all of these would not be possible to fit it as an extra on a LS with a factory fit and finish
I second that, I got tempted with the diff between the models and opted for the least All was really a VFM package except the stock head unit, its not sounding good IMO.

Without a rear wiper in rainy season is a real pain and now am pleading with the GM to get fitted one. I feel rear wiper is a must for all hatch backs and the Govt. should take initiative to make law for this.
Old 10th July 2010, 11:10   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Auto Climate Control AC
Fog lamps
Roof rails
Tilt Steering
Power windows for rear
Rear wash and wipe
Rear defogger
Sunglass holder
with Alstonlobo.

@ Joy: Features line Climate Control, Tilt Steering, Blue lit dash, piano finish trims, rear wash & wipe etc are impossible to retro-fit.
Climate control is really awsome feature, which you dont even get in other cars like i10, Ritz, Polo etc.
You should have a look at the LT dash in the night to have a feel of it.
The HU of LT is very good. For improving the sound quality, the speakers alone can be replaced at a later stage according to your budget.
Please have a look at both and then decide.
LT interiors gives you a premium/luxury feel.
BTW, I own a Beat LT. Check out my thread for details with pics.
Old 10th July 2010, 11:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
@quadmaniac: Thanks. This is really awesome.

I am asking you a simple question, what do you think should I go for BEAT LS or LT (LT will stretch but still can manage)? Pls consider VFM also?

Thanks in advance.

Also, I see BEAT's front in your avatar. Do you own a BEAT? If yes, which version?
Yes Joy, I own a Morocco Blue BEAT LT. The only thing that was swinging my decision towards LS is the subpar audio quality from the music system, but now that I have confirmation that that can be changed by just changing the speakers, I'm relieved that I've made the correct decision.

As others are saying, LS+ is also good VFM, but I would suggest you to see both in the flesh (especially *at night*) and then decide. Here in Hyd, road taxes are insane, and I had to pay 4.75 for LT on road! So I agree with your concern on the VFM factor. However, most would be with me here when I say LT is more VFM than LS, if you keep the features list in mind.
Old 10th July 2010, 18:31   #38
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I second that, I got tempted with the diff between the models and opted for the least All was really a VFM package except the stock head unit, its not sounding good IMO.

Without a rear wiper in rainy season is a real pain and now am pleading with the GM to get fitted one. I feel rear wiper is a must for all hatch backs and the Govt. should take initiative to make law for this.
Thanks sajjt. Now I will be careful about my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
with Alstonlobo.

@ Joy: Features line Climate Control, Tilt Steering, Blue lit dash, piano finish trims, rear wash & wipe etc are impossible to retro-fit.
Climate control is really awsome feature, which you dont even get in other cars like i10, Ritz, Polo etc.
You should have a look at the LT dash in the night to have a feel of it.
The HU of LT is very good. For improving the sound quality, the speakers alone can be replaced at a later stage according to your budget.
Please have a look at both and then decide.
LT interiors gives you a premium/luxury feel.
BTW, I own a Beat LT. Check out my thread for details with pics.
Thanks. I have read your ownership thread and also of astonlobo, very informative. I agree with you that these features cannot be retro fitted. Also, I believe that when company fits something, it is aware of what effect it will have on their car and takes the necessary pre-cautions. But a dealer or any third party does not thinks about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Yes Joy, I own a Morocco Blue BEAT LT. The only thing that was swinging my decision towards LS is the subpar audio quality from the music system, but now that I have confirmation that that can be changed by just changing the speakers, I'm relieved that I've made the correct decision.

As others are saying, LS+ is also good VFM, but I would suggest you to see both in the flesh (especially *at night*) and then decide. Here in Hyd, road taxes are insane, and I had to pay 4.75 for LT on road! So I agree with your concern on the VFM factor. However, most would be with me here when I say LT is more VFM than LS, if you keep the features list in mind.
Thanks. Will definitely check out. Here in kolkata LT it is approx 4.56 on road.

As far as I conclude, these are all small but significant things in the long term. Can you guys tell me if there is any discounts available in BEAT.
Old 10th July 2010, 20:49   #39
BHPian

Most people go for the LS just because the stereo on LT cannot be replaced. In fact, the headunit on LT is of a very high quality IMO. It has all the necessary features and SQ is also very good as long as you replace the stock paper cone speakers. Agreed it is a pain to ICE the car but I did it and I am happy with the results.

As far as the other features are concerned, LT is definite VFM over LS. Even though dealers make LS+, the quality and durability cannot match that of a LT. I am not saying this to discourage the LS or LS+ owners but I am speaking in terms of VFM.
Old 11th July 2010, 01:03   #40
BHPian

@alstonlobo i am getting polk db651 instead of 641 from poona motors, read some reviews of this speaker on the website, seems to be good enough, what do you suggest?

He is getting Boston Playsmart SI403 and has given an estimate of 5K - 5.5K, getting it from some other dealer.

Rear speakers - Polk db641
Front speakers - Boston playsmart si403
Old 11th July 2010, 15:22   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
@alstonlobo i am getting polk db651 instead of 641 from poona motors, read some reviews of this speaker on the website, seems to be good enough, what do you suggest?

He is getting Boston Playsmart SI403 and has given an estimate of 5K - 5.5K, getting it from some other dealer.

Rear speakers - Polk db641
Front speakers - Boston playsmart si403

Dude, the Polks should be great though I have not heard this model. But 5k for the playsmarts? Thats daylight rbbery man. These are just 4 inchers and should cost you a max of 1.5K Be careful man!
Old 12th July 2010, 10:46   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, the Polks should be great though I have not heard this model. But 5k for the playsmarts? Thats daylight rbbery man. These are just 4 inchers and should cost you a max of 1.5K Be careful man!
to that, I may say for medium quality speakers for5K is too much to spend. Why don't you go for Illusion 4.1 which is only 4999/- for that budget and you wont regret in future even if you have any plans for an AMP. U cant compare with an Illusion and a Boston by quality and more over its a component system not like an ordinary 2 way co-axial AFAIK.
Old 12th July 2010, 11:45   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. That's quite a substantial list.

How's oe music system? On a scale of ten, how much would you rate it?

Music system is average considering the speakers but the Integrated HU is a fancy and loaded one. It basically has all the required features and given a choice I would not go for other head units. Its VFM I can say.

Scale of 1-10, I would rate a 6 considering stock speakers and 8 considering the speakers are upgraded!
Old 12th July 2010, 12:55   #44
BHPian

first FE reading for my car comes to 10.60 - normal petrol used,city driving with minimal use of ac. i re-fueled my car while the yellow light for fuel refilling was on, any suggestions on this when should i exactly go for fuel reload?
Old 12th July 2010, 23:38   #45
BHPian

Little worried no feedback call from GM yet after my purchase, as i want to get a clarification on the gold rush offer also, since the dealer quoted that i would get a call from GM asking me to collect the coin from the dealer in 15-20 days.

I got a call today seems i did not hear the rep properly she was asking me if i was satisfied with the purchasing experience and if i got all the documents related to the vehicle apart from the RC smart card, when i called back the number it was a call from carwale.com, i thought it was a call from GM.

Most Viewed