Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 21:59   #76
BHPian

Updated pics post first free check up - Set 1

Posting set of new pics of my Beat LT post the first free service checkup, car engine is getting smoother by the day and the clutch too, picture set also has illusion series speaker pics
Attached Thumbnails
Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2506.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2507.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2508.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2509.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2510.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2511.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2512.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2513.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2514.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2516.jpg  

Old 20th August 2010, 22:17   #77
BHPian

Next Set of Pics

Pics of interiors and external view of the car, waiting for some sunshine now the car would look real stunning in proper sunlight, no major upgrades yet for the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2517.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2518.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2519.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2520.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2521.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2522.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2523.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2524.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2525.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2526.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-img_2529.jpg  

Old 20th August 2010, 23:03   #78
BHPian

Nice pics dude, where is the FM antenna gone??
Old 21st August 2010, 11:20   #79
BHPian

Is it 4" Illusion Electra co-axials in the rear and 4" components in the front? What is the cost of upgrade? Details please..
Old 21st August 2010, 11:54   #80
BHPian

Dude! The Beat is one sexy piece of a car. IMO, it's the only car (interiors wise) to match the look-and-feel of the Honda Civic.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:13   #81
BHPian

Nice shots mate, nice to see that you are maintaining your ride in mint condition, even the scratch resistant plastic foils are still in place.

It would've been better to stick the TBHP sticker on the rear bumper.

Salbin, Illusion 4.1 series will come around 4.5K.
Old 21st August 2010, 14:29   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Nice pics dude, where is the FM antenna gone??
removed it coz i don't hear much radio, and saw some kids playing below in the evening on the weekends fiddling with the antenna just for fun
Old 21st August 2010, 14:33   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Nice shots mate, nice to see that you are maintaining your ride in mint condition, even the scratch resistant plastic foils are still in place.
Yes i am trying to keep the car condition in a good condition AFAP. Beat obsession still prevails!

Quote:
It would've been better to stick the TBHP sticker on the rear bumper.
covered on of the dents that has got etched in the front temporarily with the Team BHP sticker
Old 21st August 2010, 14:35   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Is it 4" Illusion Electra co-axials in the rear and 4" components in the front? What is the cost of upgrade? Details please..
Front Speakers - Illusion Audio Electra Series 4" component - EL 4.1 - Rs. 4500/- (with tweeters)
Rear Speakers - Illusion Audio Electra Series 4" coax - EL 42 - Rs. 3000/-
Old 21st August 2010, 16:05   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post
removed it coz i don't hear much radio, and saw some kids playing below in the evening on the weekends fiddling with the antenna just for fun
Are those kids that tall?
Old 21st August 2010, 16:30   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Are those kids that tall?
No they stand on a raised concrete platform near the parking area and bounce the antenna as if it is a spring
Old 21st August 2010, 16:43   #87
BHPian

Quote:
No they stand on a raised concrete platform near the parking area and bounce the antenna as if it is a spring
Now I got how did my antenna got broken all of a sudden some kids must have played with that.
Old 25th August 2010, 11:00   #88
BHPian

Highway Drive Performance

So this weekend i finally took my car on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway, and i was blown away with the excellent pick up and torque of Beat. I had some patches on the e-way on mind where i wanted to check the performance of the car.

It was almost an effortless driving, with car fully loaded with luggage and 3- 4 passengers. Beat could glide uphill slopes with ease with A/C or defogger on most of the times on 5th gear, i experienced a slight lag only on one portion of a slope on the Lonavala ghat area even there the car was cruising at a steady speed of 80 kmph at 5th gear.

Only care one needs to take with the stock tyres is that do not turn at high speeds in the ghat area, because with engine RPM above 2K Beat would keep moving smoothly and urgent breaking would not be advised while driving on slopes and ghat type landscape.

I hardly changed gears while on the highway, NVH performance was also excellent as i touched 140 kmph speed max on this trip, above all no strain during the drive.

Truly this is a paisa vasool car!
Old 25th August 2010, 16:43   #89
BHPian

Quote:
So this weekend i finally took my car on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway, and i was blown away with the excellent pick up and torque of Beat. I had some patches on the e-way on mind where i wanted to check the performance of the car.

It was almost an effortless driving, with car fully loaded with luggage and 3- 4 passengers. Beat could glide uphill slopes with ease with A/C or defogger on most of the times on 5th gear, i experienced a slight lag only on one portion of a slope on the Lonavala ghat area even there the car was cruising at a steady speed of 80 kmph at 5th gear.

Only care one needs to take with the stock tyres is that do not turn at high speeds in the ghat area, because with engine RPM above 2K Beat would keep moving smoothly and urgent breaking would not be advised while driving on slopes and ghat type landscape.

I hardly changed gears while on the highway, NVH performance was also excellent as i touched 140 kmph speed max on this trip, above all no strain during the drive.

Truly this is a paisa vasool car!
Did any one noticed the tire sound while cruising? My car is producing a good amount of tyre noise on highways, especially above 70Kph. I know its mostly due to road conditions but this is bit annoying when night drives with no audio. My other cars are not making this much of sound and I think its tyre related. What do you think guys?
Old 30th August 2010, 18:39   #90
BHPian

New Damage to car

Seems my chevy is having a really worse bad luck, no driving accidents but parking bruises have ruined my car

Today some vehicle has brushed heavily to the rear RHS section of the car as i parked my car in the external parking area of my office as the internal parking lot was full and a security guy told me there was a RTO tow vehicle which had come to lift some cars and there was a small rush amongst 2 car owners to pull out their cars parked slightly on the outside of the road, don't know what exactly caused the damageto the tail lamp cover, scratched the rear bumper and pushed it out slightly.

Finally decided to handover my car now to Pashankar Auto Body Work showroom at Baner, planning to drop my car tommorrow or on weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-30082010191.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-30082010192.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-30082010193.jpg  

Here comes my Chevrolet BEAT. EDIT : VIDEO review uploaded on pg 1-30082010194.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks