Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2010, 20:41   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Here is my Punto at Nandi Hills. Will post more pictures once I open the thread.
This was how my car used to look like some 4 months back.great.now i ve gone for aftermarket alloys
Old 7th July 2010, 22:19   #32
BHPian

Vignesh,
Even I was not a great fan of the alloy design, but seems like I istarted liking it. Initially I was thinking of exchanging it with the Linea alloys if possible.

Sumobom4,

Looks like your glove box is misaligned. I have noticed the same issue with mine as well and infromed the guys during PDI but they didnt fix before delivery. I have escalated it to FIAT and got a call next morning got the misaligned bonnet, glove box and wheel balancing issue fixed very next day morning .

I feel slight viration on the steering wheel at idle could please check and update me on this? I'm maintaining 32 PSI in both front and back tyres , but I feel the ride is a bit bumpy now. I will reduce it to 30 and try.

Last edited by BMW-X5 : 7th July 2010 at 22:22.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumobom4 View Post
More updates:

Philips 55/60W headlamp bulbs (brighter than stock ones, couldn't put in 90/100W ones as the accessories guy said that the extra relay would show up as an error in the ECU diagnostic) - Rs. 1100

Congrats sumobom4 on your new drive. I just love to see a Punto.

Can someone confirm the above point regarding fixing of a relay. Is the headlight powerful enough. Most of the headlights with 55/60 lamps are not powerful enough during long drives.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:48   #34
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase sumobom4, Punto is a really a significant car for FIAT in India and your red beauty is surely an eye candy!
Old 7th July 2010, 22:49   #35
BHPian

congrats bro on your acquisition. Go easy on her till the 1st service. Noise will go down slowly. Upgrade the tyres to better ones (Conti, yoko or Michelin) for even better grip and less noise.
Old 7th July 2010, 22:50   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Vignesh,
Looks like your glove box is misaligned. I have noticed the same issue with mine as well and infromed the guys during PDI but they didnt fix before delivery. I have escalated it to FIAT and got a call next morning got the misaligned bonnet, glove box and wheel balancing issue fixed very next day morning .

I feel slight viration on the steering wheel at idle could please check and update me on this? I'm maintaining 32 PSI in both front and back tyres , but I feel the ride is a bit bumpy now. I will reduce it to 30 and try.
To be frank, I never thought that the glovebox was misaligned...it seems to be working quite fine, though it is a tad bit small. Now that you mentioned it, I shall check it out. As for steering vibration, I have felt it when the engine's cold in the morning. Once, it's warmed up decently (say 10-15 min post first crank), I didn't feel any tangible vibration at idle. While taking delivery, I was asked to maintain 31 psi in the front tyres and 32 psi at the rear...have stuck to those numbers and it seems to be working great for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Congrats sumobom4 on your new drive. I just love to see a Punto.

Can someone confirm the above point regarding fixing of a relay. Is the headlight powerful enough. Most of the headlights with 55/60 lamps are not powerful enough during long drives.
I have got Philips Xtreme Power H4 55/60W installed and it worked pretty well on the expressway even when there were no vehicles around to add to the light. Would have loved to have the Ralleye 90/100W with relay but didn't want to void the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
congrats bro on your acquisition. Go easy on her till the 1st service. Noise will go down slowly. Upgrade the tyres to better ones (Conti, yoko or Michelin) for even better grip and less noise.
Thanks man! Yeah, I am trying to use a light foot and keeping her below 3000 rpm. As for the tyres, I would love to upgrade them, but I don't have that kind of cash left now! Plus, the Goodyears, albeit noisy, are doing a pretty good job in terms of grip.

Last edited by sumobom4 : 7th July 2010 at 22:52.
Old 7th July 2010, 23:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:

I have got Philips Xtreme Power H4 55/60W installed and it worked pretty well on the expressway even when there were no vehicles around to add to the light. Would have loved to have the Ralleye 90/100W with relay but didn't want to void the warranty.

I think furiousspinx is using Narva 90/100 in his GP ref post # 3476 & # 3484 page 232/233 of the auto lighting thread. If he is not facing any problem why should your SP say that it will effect the ECU.
Old 7th July 2010, 23:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
I think furiousspinx is using Narva 90/100 in his GP ref post # 3476 & # 3484 page 232/233 of the auto lighting thread. If he is not facing any problem why should your SP say that it will effect the ECU.
No idea about that! What my accessories guy told me was that putting in the relay (necessary for 90/100W) would show up in the ECU diagnostic, which might void my electrical warranty. He didn't say it wouldn't work. He offered me a choice, so I decided to play safe, that's all.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
  • Philips 55/60W headlamp bulbs (brighter than stock ones, couldn't put in 90/100W ones as the accessories guy said that the extra relay would show up as an error in the ECU diagnostic) - Rs. 1100
On a different note, on Monday when I was going from Pune to Bombay in the evening, it was raining very heavily and the Goodyears performed very nicely.
Firstly thats a really hot red beauty . You are bound to get the extra attention for being BOLD

Philips Xtreme power are really good and worth every penny spent over the OEM bulbs. There is considerable change in the visibility. I also didn't opt for relay due to warranty issues.

Goodyear GT3 are really noisy but they have a superb grip. For this weather I can really live them, but I am seriously looking for some alternative which are not noisy but still have the grip. I am not sure if CPC2 or Yoko-s drive will have that extent of road manners. Any suggestions?
Old 8th July 2010, 11:09   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Goodyear GT3 are really noisy but they have a superb grip. For this weather I can really live them, but I am seriously looking for some alternative which are not noisy but still have the grip. I am not sure if CPC2 or Yoko-s drive will have that extent of road manners. Any suggestions?
My friend if you think the Goodyear GT3 has grip you really need to get some better tyres. The S-drives will be in a different league all together but will be more noisy. The C-drives are more of an all rounder tyre, the are reasonably silent, will give you better ride and grip than those Goodyears. BTW i have C-drives on my punto.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
My friend if you think the Goodyear GT3 has grip you really need to get some better tyres. The S-drives will be in a different league all together but will be more noisy. The C-drives are more of an all rounder tyre, the are reasonably silent, will give you better ride and grip than those Goodyears. BTW i have C-drives on my punto.
Akshay I think I will get in touch with you once I have the Vit M to go for tyre upgrades. I am quite confused between Yoko & CPC2. Michelien people say have weak side walls so not good for potholed roads.

@sumobom4 sorry for going on your thread.
Old 8th July 2010, 14:31   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Akshay I think I will get in touch with you once I have the Vit M to go for tyre upgrades. I am quite confused between Yoko & CPC2. Michelien people say have weak side walls so not good for potholed roads.

@sumobom4 sorry for going on your thread.
Hey no problem, arishi. After all, I too will benefit from the knowledge! Now I have to start saving up for the tyre upgrade!
Old 8th July 2010, 14:59   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hey no problem, arishi. After all, I too will benefit from the knowledge! Now I have to start saving up for the tyre upgrade!
If you can manage, I would suggest to go for tyre upgrade right away.
Reason being, since your car is new, you will get MAX value for the tyres.

The brand new tyres can be exchanged and you can get round about Rs. 3000 per tyre.

New tyre would cost you 4300. You will have to pay the difference of Rs. 1300 per tyre, Rs. 5200 total.

But, if you decide to change them later (Lets say after 10-15k kms), the value of old depreciates a lot.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:13   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
If you can manage, I would suggest to go for tyre upgrade right away.
Reason being, since your car is new, you will get MAX value for the tyres.

The brand new tyres can be exchanged and you can get round about Rs. 3000 per tyre.

New tyre would cost you 4300. You will have to pay the difference of Rs. 1300 per tyre, Rs. 5200 total.

But, if you decide to change them later (Lets say after 10-15k kms), the value of old depreciates a lot.
I know, but I am totally kangal now! Plus, my tyres give adequate grip right now (E-Pack). Had I got a lower variant, I would definitely have gone in for an immediate change. Plus, I have already done 650 km. In any case, I am saving up keeping in mind that I will have to spend the entire cost of the new tyres. Any exchange amount I get will be a bonus! Hence, will probably wait for a year or so.
Old 8th July 2010, 15:16   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I know, but I am totally kangal now! Plus, my tyres give adequate grip right now (E-Pack). Had I got a lower variant, I would definitely have gone in for an immediate change. Plus, I have already done 650 km. In any case, I am saving up keeping in mind that I will have to spend the entire cost of the new tyres. Any exchange amount I get will be a bonus! Hence, will probably wait for a year or so.
It will make sense, if you can churn out 20k kms out of your stock tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks