Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
So ya mean to say if variation is 10km and the speed shown on speedo is 100km/h then the actual speed will be 110km/h?
Yes.
To get the exact speed, use a GPS if you have one, to calibrate the speedometer. Most of the speedometers are not very accurate, especially at the top end, so it is a good idea to have it calibrated, as follows
1. Have your passenger hold the GPS in Speedometer mode
2. Drive at a constant speed - 40, 50,60,70 80 and so on. Note that the speedometer reading you will see if different from the passenger due to angle of vision.
3. Let the passenger note down the speed of GPS against your speedometer
Now you have a graph of actual against shown.
Old 23rd October 2010, 15:09   #47
BHPian

Congrats Bro on the purchase and the alloys wheels. They look very dashing.

But somehow I feel the spoiler should have stayed. Yeah but thats personal preference anyways!
Old 24th October 2010, 13:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Aroy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvadips View Post
Congrats Bro on the purchase and the alloys wheels. They look very dashing.

But somehow I feel the spoiler should have stayed. Yeah but thats personal preference anyways!
Thanks a lot dude. I know its weird but somehow i dont like spoiler on Baleno. I am selling it off.
Old 1st December 2010, 17:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

Happened to click few couple of weeks back.
Photos taken by Preetam Bose
Attached Thumbnails
Black on Black - Baleno-1.jpg  

Black on Black - Baleno-4.jpg  

Black on Black - Baleno-5.jpg  

Black on Black - Baleno-8.jpg  

Black on Black - Baleno-3.jpg  

Old 1st December 2010, 17:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
I have not taken variation into consideration though . How much change should i calculate? i have gone for 15" wheels (stock=13")
In case you haven't got it yet, here is the detail

Original size= 165/80 13
Now= 195/55 15

Original size total Diameter= 59.42 cms
Now= 59.55 cms

Meaning your speed would be ~0.2% greater than indicated. Or in other words you odo is under-reading by ~0.2 %.

In layman's terms, it doesn't make much difference
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Now= 59.55 cms

Meaning your speed would be ~0.2% greater than indicated. Or in other words you odo is under-reading by ~0.2 %.

This level of variation would also be there between under and over inflated tyres also!
Old 2nd December 2010, 19:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
In case you haven't got it yet, here is the detail

Original size= 165/80 13
Now= 195/55 15

Now= 59.55 cms

Thanks a lot dude.
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:33   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: Black on Black - Baleno

Time for clutch replacement. How much will it cost? Service guy in Mandovi told it will be approx 8.5k including labour charges and all.

Btw, this time i got a mileage of 12.9x with around 40% AC. This is even with this clutch. Extremely happy about it. Hope it will remain the same.
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:21   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Time for clutch replacement. How much will it cost? Service guy in Mandovi told it will be approx 8.5k including labour charges and all.
Sounds right to me as far as it is a genuine SGP part.However why don't you check with another service center, call up BIMAL or RNS and find out as to how much would the original SGP one cost.
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:27   #55
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd February 2011 at 16:48.
akhilesh is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st March 2011, 11:52   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Sounds right to me as far as it is a genuine SGP part.However why don't you check with another service center, call up BIMAL or RNS and find out as to how much would the original SGP one cost.
Checked up with Mandovi guys and Bimal people. It is 6.5k and yes that is for original SGP (as per them).

Gave my car for servicing yesterday in Mandovi. Was thinking need to change the clutch, but service advisor told no need to change now and around 10k life is remaining.

There was a small issue in my car, not sure what it is. It refuses to pull properly if i use it in bumper to bumper traffic for some time. Was thinking clutch is the main problem. Any idea guys what might be the reason?

Service advisor told Tappet adjustment will do the trick. Have got the car back yest night, but did not take it out after that.
Old 1st March 2011, 13:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There was a small issue in my car, not sure what it is. It refuses to pull properly if i use it in bumper to bumper traffic for some time. Was thinking clutch is the main problem. Any idea guys what might be the reason?

Service advisor told Tappet adjustment will do the trick. Have got the car back yest night, but did not take it out after that.
That points to less low end torque. As such both the Esteem and the Baleno have a very low, low-end torque, but if your pulling power has reduced recently, and if you are driving in a bumper to bumper traffic regularly, then the issue could be unburnt carbon deposits. Used to happen a lot in my M800 and Esteem. All you need to do is to take it for a high speed run (100kmph+) for around 20-40km, that usually did the trick. Else try a decarbonizing additive with petrol.

Only if these fail, do you need to adjust engine components.
Old 1st March 2011, 13:31   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
That points to less low end torque. As such both the Esteem and the Baleno have a very low, low-end torque, but if your pulling power has reduced recently, and if you are driving in a bumper to bumper traffic regularly, then the issue could be unburnt carbon deposits. Used to happen a lot in my M800 and Esteem. All you need to do is to take it for a high speed run (100kmph+) for around 20-40km, that usually did the trick. Else try a decarbonizing additive with petrol.

Only if these fail, do you need to adjust engine components.
Thanks Aroy. Yeah i do use it daily at peak time traffic, atleast in the morning. And what i mentioned is i felt there is a sudden drop, not the usual way a Baleno behaves.

So guess what ya mentioned might be the issue.>100Kmph for 20Km?? Wish i could!!!
Let me try Decarbonizing.
Old 1st March 2011, 14:46   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aroy. Yeah i do use it daily at peak time traffic, atleast in the morning. And what i mentioned is i felt there is a sudden drop, not the usual way a Baleno behaves.

So guess what ya mentioned might be the issue.>100Kmph for 20Km?? Wish i could!!!
Let me try Decarbonizing.
You have to do this once in a while, say alternate Sundays, I think you can manage that. And think of the fun you will have after a fortnight of bumper-to-bumper traffic!
Old 2nd March 2011, 00:55   #60
Senior - BHPian

The car looks really nice. I had seen this pics on facebook as well, but didnt know it belonged to a bhpian

Personally, I feel it looks better without the spoiler. Lends it a very clean look, and sinister as well. And the black alloys compliment it further

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks