BHPian

cool pics
ane the write up was excellent
you made the car look better than it is
congrats
Old 21st July 2010, 13:11   #77
BHPian

Novel!

That's a great ownership report, like a comic strip. I initially thought it was a marketing presentation and what it has to do in Team BHP. So you love your Figo so much! Nice job dude!

Somehow I feel Figo lack a fresh appeal.
Ford should have given at least the shell of the new European Fiesta - Ford Desktops | Ford Fiesta | Ford Fiesta 2008 5dr.

Last edited by GTO : 26th July 2010 at 09:36. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language please. Corrected
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:33   #78
BHPian

the car looks awesome on road, especially because of the matched Alloy and ES100
congratulations! Figo is a wise decision.
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:10   #79
BHPian

Nice looking car with alloys to match Basu!!! How much did you pay for the alloys? What size tires?
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

Tyre Size if i am not wrong 195/60 R14.

Everything about the car - the way it looks is PERFECT

Take care BT and Drive Safe.
Old 24th July 2010, 08:37   #81
BHPian

I am trying to answer to each and every point raised, but before that - THANKS to everybody for the good wishes and the adorable comments, just in case I miss something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Congratulations! Now that's one HOT Figo
red was quite by chance. I would have gone for any color based on availability (and the beautification theme would have been accordingly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
A wonderful ownership experience. Wonderful Photography! ***** from me. I guess Figo would be proud to have a owner like you.

Btw, what tyres and alloys have you fitted aftermarket?
Plati Alloys (painful waiting as it had to be fetched form Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Wonderful choice of alloys. What section tyres are you running? 205?
195/60/R14 Yokohama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Given the amount you travel, wouldn't a Titanium with ABS and Airbags be a better bet?
The Innova is sold?
Can you please post some details of the accessories. Has the tyre change voided the warranty?
Why was the radiator fan changed?
When is the next travelogue coming up?

Congrats on the new ride. Some great pics posted too. Hope to read and see more updates on this thread from your end soon.
True about the top-end model, but my strategy was being minimalistic as absence of gadgets and gizmos like power windows and other automation does not bother me. Only one area I failed was that I had to fit aftermarket Central Locking. I did not wanted to make a purchase wherein the additional value of the aftermarket fitments (INR 60K) pushed up the price to 6.6 lakhs and jump a price segment.

Rationally, the FIGO high variants are offering features at a very reasonable price, isnt it? But then I'm satisfied with what I have and am not complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
Wow.........superb pictures....never thought Figo can look so nice and beautiful......congrats [COLOR=#777777]Tirthankar.[/COLOR]
I don't regret my decision of the vehicle swap. I got what my subconscious mind was yearning. Change is necessary in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
awesome review. fantastic photography. you have given a completley new meaning to the word "HATCH BACK"

Congrats on your purchase. Drive safe.
I was waiting all these years for this kind of Hatchback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Congrats on the car and very interesting initial report. I like the accessories and the alloys
A long term report follows this in some months time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on Figottitude. Nice combo of alloys for the red colored car.

IMO the tyre looks one size too many.
yeah it looks bigger . I will not recommend it. Ford has calibrated the steering gear for the OE tyres. But but this tyre suits my driving style, especially at the cost of higher rolling resistance I get super road & wet grip. Inspite of this I got upto 30kmpl mileage. Thanks to a 120 km impediment free stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Great F(ig)oto Report. Car looks fine. I think you would hv gone for Titanium.
True. But then as explained above earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Congrats dude!!! I love the tyres profile, tread pattern, alloys. Even being base model with such high profile tyres it does not looks like it is a LXI . Now, please share the price details of tyre and alloys and what was buy back price for old tyres may be. May be you can mark this on pictures as well.
Yes I wanted it to shrug the Lxi Tag off the car. So got Left RVM and Antenna fixed. As regards the wheels, it costed approximately 35K. I had paid INR 24600 as net after exchanging OE tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Woweey.. It was a treat to browse through the photos while reading the apt comments on them. Loved the word Figottitude
Pleasure, Pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
wow! i'm sure this will start a new trend on t-bhp.
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
basu thats a good start and congratulations on the Figo.What happened to the innova ? Lovely choice of footwear for the car.
Innova had to depart. Driven it enough. The footwear makes the car stick to the road like a magnet, albeit a heavier steering at low speeds.
btirthankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2010, 09:33   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Have been seeing your updates and the pics of your Figo on Facebook. Why was the Innova sold?
Why such a drastic shift from a MUV to a hatch?
With the amount of travel and luggage you carried with Innova, wouldn't you miss it? And why Figo? and the basic version that too?
I myself never thought I would go for the FIGO, but for what it offered. Drastic it is for sure.

I definitely miss the former for what it is. As regards the luggage, I think I have to hire 'Packers & Movers' now.

I wanted to be genuinely satisfied with the Lxi version and I am. It allowed me to customize it to my taste. Plus I prefer black/matte to chrome/silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Whoa! I own a Figo titanium but am at awe and jealousy looking at yours!!
Nothing to be jealous, I have stopped opening the rear hatch at Malls due to lack of remote. I just yank open the rear door and tell the security guard, get in and check the contents of the hatch to your hearts content as the locks stuck (else I would have to stop engine, remove key etc. etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzv View Post
Congrats Buddy. So when are you planning your next trip?
Anyday, Anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I got your new address.

Tirthankar Basu
Red Figo
India
Ha Ha. Literary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Nice initial ownership report, liked it. Wheel tyre combo goes well with the car and the colour. Congrats on the new hatch! Looking forward to see more drivoblog articles from you.

Why have you put white on black registration plate on your car? Isn't it illegal?
The Registration Plate is reversible. The conventional color scheme is on the other side. I took photos with the 'black' side up to go with the overall theme of the car. Think of it as false eye-lashes put by women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjabraham View Post
Thats a great looking FIGO! By far the best looking Figo I have seen. Nice review too!
I feel my nerves got extended and connected to the car through my hands and feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Congrats on the car, amazing pictorial ownership experience.

Do you stay on the roads ? so much of additions in the car with a suitcase ready in the boot!
Yes, I stay on the roads as much as I can. The suitcase is he escape resource, allowing me to drive out and be away for a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
I think that's the best set of alloys i've seen on the figo. Brilliant is the word.
Meticulously Selected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mTorque View Post
Brilliant presentation of a reivew! as someone said, it sure may start a trend for future reviews. Congrats for your new ride!
Labor of Love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
This is surely the most hatke review I have ever seen on team bhp!
Congrats on the car! It seems as if it your new home!
yeah it is an extension of my bedroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I am seriously impressed by the photography and descriptions on each of them. Congrats to you man on your new purchase. Those wheels are very sexy and go well. Enjoy.
Those wheels also spray good muck on the car sides and door handles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Nice photos Tirth. Looks like you've fully loaded the car yourself. Get a left side mirror too for safety.

That laptop stand is actually very cool - got it from WB only?
You need all the mirrors in this car for quick and safe maneuvering. It has induced the habit in me to use them infact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Congrats mate, the car looks wonderful, and the thread is even better
Waiting for a Long trip on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
man what an effort.great thing.congrats.hope this kind of trend catches up in team-bhp.congrats on the figo,looks like i ve started like the figo so much.thanks to figottitude
With so many threads on the FIGO, it is not just a car anymore, its now a 'following' , a 'community'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Wow wow wow! Hot car, even better review! I just love your photographs and creativity. Keep it coming man!
the Car was well deserved one.
Old 24th July 2010, 09:52   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Great looking car you got there.

Get the left ORVM also fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
Maar Daaaalaaa ! Great Job Good car!
Thanks. RVM Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Seriously, this is one among the best ownership reports that i have ever read in T-Bhp. You've impressed me with your quality shots and catchy titles and yes, I liked the way you have narrated your experience too.

Needless to say, I'm drooling over your alloys. Your Figo looks more awesome with all those add-ons.
the Alloys add the 'mustang' touch to the car. I had seen a Mustang Wallpaper with such design alloys once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Seriously man , people here in this forum have some excellent writing and presentation skills , HATS OFF guys .
Do u keep the laptop in that manner when you drive also, or only when its stand still.
the Laptop stays like that and is adequately protected even when the car is in motion and going over undulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Brilliant! Congratulations Tirthankar. The alloys looks great. Superb pictures , Happy Figoiing!.
the alloys are just an icing on the cake, I have tried to give the car an overall theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
TB: Awesome photographs and capture.

Now can we have some stats please.

Also as Sankar already stated, isn't it illegal to put the white on black numberplate.
Dont worry. As I mentioned earlier, its swappable and its black on white now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
TB dude, treat your figo for Utsav number plates. They would look really good on your figo.
Seen their website. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Terrific, terrific pictures, and great captions too! The Figo looks really good there, I am sure you are having a great time with the car!)
Thanks. And so are many fellow FIGOites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad View Post
Excellent presentation Basu Da! Would like to know what apart from GTOs review drove you towards the Figo, more specifically what did you notice in your 3 test drives in three different cities? What is the idea behind preferring the lowest variant? How would you compare long distance driving comfort/performance of Figo to Innova?
apart from GTOs review which was very straight forward, it was the test drives. I noticed that this TDCi was one engine that could give a sports car performance to a car of this dimension. As regards long distance driving is concerned, I have driven to nearby states without any fatigue and I dont think it will make much of a difference as the seats are quite well contoured to my body-type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_head View Post
That's one red hot Figo; Good review & Excellent photography!!

Drive safe dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
good one basu. looks cool. congratulations!
Thanks diesel_head & GeekSrik.

May I take a small liberty to feature the same photos in form of a video slideshow:
Old 24th July 2010, 10:26   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
the tyres seem a bit too much upsized.
I admit, they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
Excellent pictures and accompanying write-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Wow! nice pictorial review. Waiting for more to come. Details of the accessories would be helpful.
Accessories and after-market fitments are approximately worth 75K out of which OE tyre exchange and my erstwhile vehicle Woofer and Amp value can be decucted to arrive at some 50K

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Thats a hot Figo. Love the wheels, tyre pattern and size, interior "non-standard" equipments and the excellent pictorial review. Initially I was not a fan of a red Figo, but this thread has changed my perception about red on the Figo. OT- Rated it 5-stars. It certainly deserves it !!
True. I could make the interior theme blend into the exterior too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Like everyone else mentioned, fantastic presentation. It was a delight to see and read about the experience.

Is it just me or the picture right below the 150kmph quote is while the Speedo needle shows zero?
it is zero only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm glad my Figo drive helped you in your hatchback research. Why did you get rid of the Toyota?

I'm glad that Tirthankar was responsible enough to shoot only when the car was stationary (rather than 150)
Yes and I put it across to others to set an example of our detailed and straightforward TDs. I would not dare something like that at 150kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
I'm glad that Ford took note of it too, shows a proactive attitude. Did you get the work done at the dealer itself?
All are aftermarket fitments. Yes Ford is committed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Superb review/pics man and what is that thing with which your Laptop is Hanging behind the seat?
That is a Laptop Tray made of pressed aluminium. Costed a shade below 2k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Brilliant pictures & an amazing looker of a car !! So we know for a fact, that the Figo can look hot, given the right "treatment"

The ES 100's look nice. Must have improved the fantastic handling even more.
The ride is so grippy that the speed does not increase above a certain limit when its raining furiously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
great review, just curious how many kms have you clocked in? with the additions of accessories any reason for not going in for the titanium?
3500kms. partly yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Nice review and congrats for you new car, keep the updates posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Wow nice Ad for Figo Basu.

Your car definitely looks good and by the way hows it shifting from a very roomy innova to Figo?

Post more drivoblogs buddy. Been missing for a while
Thanks ku69rd and maddy42.

Shifting from a very roomy innova to Figo has not been an issue, as afterall
we need only one Hot seat to sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikr80 View Post
You definitely have the FIGOttitude. Stunning transformation. Seems directly from one of the "Fast and Furious" movies.
Got FIGOttitude?-fdhgdfhgdh.jpg
True. But have yet to watch "Fast and Furious" movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
Hey nice pics, great review. I like the word MICRO SUV thats the word for FIGO. The car looks stunning with black alloys.
A scaled down MICRO SUV, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
I had to post on seeing your thread. excellent review and pics.
Thanks machinehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal.prabhu1 View Post
Wow! Amazing photographs - only the captions outdo the pictures. This thread will surely prompt many people to go out and book/buy a Red Figo immediately!
Many already did after Reading Team-BHP reviews and threads including me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Your figo has changed my perception on the figo in general!
That was intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Great looking car..not too loud,not too bland..just the right blend of modifications...:
I'm glad you sensed it the way it is in actuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Dude crazy looking car totally.
Its a babe-magnet. Have noticed them turning their heads candidly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBond View Post
I like this FIGOTTITUDE DUDE . Its indeed a stunning review with those awesome pics. Congratulations and hope to see more such reviews from you....

Am sure, Ford will be happy to use this review for selling Figo. Believe me, its the best photo review, i have seen on a hatchback . great work....
It was a well planned approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargava_sr View Post
This is the Best Figo review among all, amazing pics.
FIGOTTITUDE enjoy, Drive safe and many more happy kms
Figometres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshan_v_k View Post
“Adi poli” a slang from the Malayalam for “awesome”, “classic” ,“Woo WOW”,
Congrats dude. lovely set of alloys, what was the damage including the tire.
Thanks and as mentioned earlier, 35K before exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Hey Thirthankar, I was directed to this thread via a phone call from a fellow bhpian who was drooling over the phone, I came, I saw and I am floored!!
Awesome is an understatement, great ownership report. Pictures are hot as is the car.
Congrats and happy miles on it.
Thanks Hari. Nice to hear from you after a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
Wonderful review dude. Loved the pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
@ Tirthankar: LOL... what a review and a half! All in your very own inimitable style.
Thanks anu_romil & SS. Nice to hear from you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
Brilliant review, Basu. Loved the alloys & the tyres. Hope you will continue with Figottitude.
Figottitude era started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
great write up mate, looking forward to the replies to some of the queries
Done.
Old 24th July 2010, 10:32   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san2 View Post
you made the car look better than it is
been the endeavor to do with any car I own. I follow the standard but a bit accentuated look. No frills, just some necessary bells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
That's a gr8 ownership report, like a comic strip.
storyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip27in View Post
Figo is a wise decision.
it is proving to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
Nice looking car with alloys to match Basu!!!
Custom-job. Thanks to the tyre dealer at Kolkata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Everything about the car - the way it looks is PERFECT
Painfully perfected in the worst of hot summer.
Old 24th July 2010, 11:38   #86
BHPian

Congrats for the sportiest looking Figo in TBHP.
The full black themed interior of the LXi looks much better and sporty
than the higher versions.
The pic (slide no 26) wherin you have captured the car's interior from behind with the laptop,
looks like an aircraft cockpit.!!

If only they had provided the Tacho, i would have been tempted to go for this version.

Last edited by Daewood : 24th July 2010 at 11:40.
Old 24th July 2010, 20:17   #87
BHPian

Many many Congratulations Tirthankar!

Wonderful storyboard, excellent, way too different and simplified.
Many Dreams, Many Kilometers - Nice tagline & one real good snap to add to that.

Wish you Happy & safe driving; and
Please post snaps of mods, enhancements etc. at times
Old 24th July 2010, 23:56   #88
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your new car. How do you like the dual tone interiors of Fig? How did you find the prices of the Accessories? Are they reasonably Charged? Did you not find slight un comfortable in 100plus speed running? I did a TD and could not come to a decision of the maximum positive lines. Seems some what O.K only.
Old 25th July 2010, 09:10   #89
Team-BHP Support

Saw this thread quite late, but excellent write-up and pics, keep them coming @Thirthankar...
Old 25th July 2010, 09:55   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Saw this thread quite late, but excellent write-up and pics, keep them coming @Thirthankar...
Thanks BP. Nice to hear from you after a really long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Congrats for your new car. How do you like the dual tone interiors of Fig? How did you find the prices of the Accessories? Are they reasonably Charged? Did you not find slight un comfortable in 100plus speed running? I did a TD and could not come to a decision of the maximum positive lines. Seems some what O.K only.
i like dual tone interiors, but only of Titanium.
Accessories are good if they are OE. Eg: the carpet mat I got is of good quality.
I find the FIGO quite composed even at high speeds of 150kmph (driven on traffic free arrow straight stretches like Dankuni-Palsit NH2)
The First FIGO TDCi I drove had a tight engine as it was only 1500kms run. The third test drive was decisive. Had I been cribbing about my switchover from a SUV, this thread would not have born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaveRick4x4 View Post
Many many Congratulations Tirthankar!

Wonderful storyboard, excellent, way too different and simplified.
Many Dreams, Many Kilometers - Nice tagline & one real good snap to add to that.

Wish you Happy & safe driving; and
Please post snaps of mods, enhancements etc. at times
Thanks MaveRick4x4. the Tagline is a blend of vision and emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Congrats for the sportiest looking Figo in TBHP.
The full black themed interior of the LXi looks much better and sporty
than the higher versions.
The pic (slide no 26) wherin you have captured the car's interior from behind with the laptop,
looks like an aircraft cockpit.!!

If only they had provided the Tacho, i would have been tempted to go for this version.
I am used to absence of a Tacho now. I test drove the Titanium by hiding the Tacho with the brochure.

I have even got used to the manual windows. I open the door slightly, to pay toll and I have realized I hardly roll down windows in actuality.

There are a lot of things that the subconscious mind captures and senses but we cannot comprehend them immediately. This vehicle has not only great rear seat but also great elbow space. (I was noticing yesterday)

It does appear like a small Aircraft cockpit, that is what triggered the photoshot.

Most Viewed