Team-BHP - First Drive: Fiat Punto Multi Jet VGT 90 HP
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   First Drive: Fiat Punto Multi Jet VGT 90 HP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/85499-first-drive-fiat-punto-multi-jet-vgt-90-hp-10.html)

The Final set of picutres, couldnt upload them with the previous pictures due to size limitation.

First Drive: Fiat Punto Multi Jet VGT 90 HP-dsc01657-large.jpg

First Drive: Fiat Punto Multi Jet VGT 90 HP-dsc01650-large.jpg

First Drive: Fiat Punto Multi Jet VGT 90 HP-dsc01644-large.jpg

Finally..!! Mr. Yogesh Parmar, Fortune Nerul with the Car.
First Drive: Fiat Punto Multi Jet VGT 90 HP-dsc01659-large.jpg

First Drive: Fiat Punto Multi Jet VGT 90 HP-dsc01642-large.jpg

Quote:

Test Drive & Review: FIAT Grande Punto 90 HP
Great review by Sanjeevi. Was well-detailed and honest. Echoed my own thoughts abt the drive. Wish we get a few more of our members' impressions along with the much awaited report from GTO.

Having following this thread very closely for the past few days, have a feeling that people are beginning to appreciate the fact that the New VGT Punto is a pretty good car in its own right. Once the euphoria and high expectations are beginning to clear, its obvious that the additional 30k over the FGT is very well spent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live
Interiors be damned. The gaps in panels be damned. The damned glovebox be damned
Haha...That pretty much sums up a hardcore Fiat fan's heartbeat. There are are a lot of us with you brother. Our love for the car is an impulse of the heart and not a calculation of the mind, and we are pretty damn proud of it.

No car is perfect, and Fiat's our flawed genius...

Good that the test drives are reporting a good feedback from the engine.

But what I am not happy with is that the interiors are barely touched or changed when compared with the regular Punto.

One example that comes to mind is the 1.6S version of the Fiesta, Ford had even changed the interiors/ make of the car to a good extent to get the feeling of a sports car. I was expecting something from Fiat for this version, but not much has changed. The make is bland to be called an enthusiasts car

Hmm too many contradicting reports on the performance of the VGT.Guess its time for GTO to lay down his final report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 1986344)

But what I am not happy with is that the interiors are barely touched or changed when compared with the regular Punto.

One example that comes to mind is the 1.6S version of the Fiesta, Ford had even changed the interiors/ make of the car to a good extent to get the feeling of a sports car. I was expecting something from Fiat for this version, but not much has changed. The make is bland to be called an enthusiasts car

And we all know what happened to the 1.6S. Dont we?

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_torque (Post 1986384)
And we all know what happened to the 1.6S. Dont we?

What happened to 1.6S? stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by download2live (Post 1986405)
What happened to 1.6S? stupid:

It sells pretty well and is voted the best drivers car. (Within 10 lacs)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 1986415)
It sells pretty well and is voted the best drivers car. (Within 10 lacs)

:OT I think i remember reading somewhere on this website that it has been discontinued. There are just aren't enough 'enthusiasts' around to please OEM's i guess :deadhorse

all the interior upgrades are reserved for PUNTO SPORTS... its coming....

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaymugur (Post 1986572)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xingamazon (Post 1986344)

That kind of answers it. If Fiat does bring in the Punto Sports, I'd tip my hat for them, because they would have given people the choice to pick a better engine for not so much money (good for people at the edge of their budget) and the Sports for people who can afford it as it is.

Not something every car maker in India seems to be doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 1986446)
:OT I think i remember reading somewhere on this website that it has been discontinued. There are just aren't enough 'enthusiasts' around to please OEM's i guess :deadhorse

Last month i went to a Ford dealership, the sales rep there told me the 1.6S has been discontinued. So I asked a few more things so he told me we can provide the spoiler and the new design alloys to make it look like THE "S" but that was it. Even they don't know the difference between a Fiesta and a Fiesta S

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 1986446)

Well, i just got a quote and a brochure for the 'S' a month back. From Chennai Ford. Only that the Aquaris Blue is discontinued.

I have met the engineer who worked on the 1.6S. I was quizzing him on the possibility of a 1.6 Figo but with a pensive look on his face he said "you know what happened to the 1.6S"
It hasn't sold but hasnt been discontinued and is made on order.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjaymugur (Post 1986572)

Could you elaborate. Is it your thought process or inside info? Would love to know anymore details.

sadly , looks like fiat is not keen on advertising the 90 HP punto. with the ongoing test series, ( fiat is sponsor ), i get to see a Linea AD every 2 min's but no punto AD. same in Print media as well. no AD so far , highlighting the New "MOST POWERFULL HATCH IN INDIA" .