Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 17:04   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi
But surprisingly, they have done away / there is no mention of the the Catchy Tagline of "No Wonder you are behind me...I am the most powerful Diesel Hatchback" Why ?
Maybe they are following this thread and felt it won't be a good move, given the debate that claim caused here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi
am i the only one who thinks that they have priced it a bit too much? they are charging 34k extra (prices on FIAT site. discounts on FGT will make it extra) on the FGT version!! other than the VGT, red stitches inside and a 90 bhp sticker outside what all are they offering with this car?
Same thought here - does a different turbo call for such a cost increase ? Hope Maruti does not get ideas from this move and price the 1l Alto ridiculously high.
Old 20th July 2010, 17:47   #227
BHPian

Was wondering how long would we have to wait for GTO's review. In context of contrasting reviews, an authentic test drive would help matters. Been checking the site almost every hour almost for the past few days anticipating the update.

Dear GTO, request your impressions asap.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:43   #228
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team-BHP Support : Nearly an hour has been spent in cleaning up this thread. What we are looking for is OBJECTIVE discussions on this forum. STRICTLY no fan boy posts please, whether its for or against any brand / car. Any such posts henceforth will attract severe Moderator action.
Old 20th July 2010, 18:47   #229
Senior - BHPian

a small Q,
Is the VGT Multijet only available to the fiats? (not sure about the manza) If no, can The Other "Multijet" players take good use of this version?
Would love to see a 90 HP Swift and sure it would be a scorcher (going by its rivals).
Old 20th July 2010, 19:52   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
a small Q,
Is the VGT Multijet only available to the fiats? (not sure about the manza) If no, can The Other "Multijet" players take good use of this version?
Would love to see a 90 HP Swift and sure it would be a scorcher (going by its rivals).
Vinay, if you mean by other Multijet players - MSIL, then I guess the answer doing the rounds is NO, but I do not know the details of the licensing agreement between FIAT and GM when they parted ways, I have however read (on this forum !) that the 1.3l is not the only engine born out of this agreement, there is apparently a 1.9l Multijet which Suzuki can use.

If MSIL can use the VGT variant, we would have seen it on the SX4 if not the Dezire.

The VGT is offered on the Manza Quadrajet but not on the Vista Quadrajet (FGT,76 PS)

Last edited by indivic : 20th July 2010 at 19:57. Reason: Making my post clearer to read
Old 20th July 2010, 22:30   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I think the Punto does have rear AC vents behind the front seat. The manual of my Punto shows them, although I haven't found them till date( one reason could be that my wife hasn't allowed me to remove the plastic covers on the seats yet ) .
Rear AC vents? Where are they? Anyone care to post a picture?
Old 20th July 2010, 22:58   #232
Senior - BHPian

I have a query here - VGT is supposed to address the turbo lag issue, but why is there a turbo lag reported in this version? Can someone help me understand this please...
Old 20th July 2010, 23:04   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I have read, they are under the seats.
I have not seen them, I always assumed they are not there in ACTIVE model.
Old 20th July 2010, 23:10   #234
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No picture but they are there, same as the vents in the i20 or even the civic.
Old 20th July 2010, 23:49   #235
Senior - BHPian

Humble request that someone clicks a picture and posts it. Can you pin point the location? Will love to click its picture and post it myself for benefit of others.
Old 20th July 2010, 23:59   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun687 View Post

It's actually 93PS (90 BHP)
Just to be precise,
93ps = 91.73 bhp
90bhp = 91.25ps

So, Fiat seems to have got something wrong here. If its 93ps (after say rounding), it should be atleast 91bhp. If its 90bhp (after say rounding), it can be atmost 92ps.
One bhp/ps seems to unaccounted for ! Only thing I can think of as an explanation, is that they wanted to put a 90bhp rounded moniker rather than a 91 or 92bhp ?

After all the heavy discussions on Punto vs i10 CRDi, I am looking into the small picture ;-)
Old 21st July 2010, 00:08   #237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Humble request that someone clicks a picture and posts it. Can you pin point the location? Will love to click its picture and post it myself for benefit of others.
Put a front seat all the way in front then push the reclining lever and again put the seatback in the front and look down just under the seat.
Old 21st July 2010, 10:03   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Just to be precise,
93ps = 91.73 bhp
90bhp = 91.25ps

So, Fiat seems to have got something wrong here. If its 93ps (after say rounding), it should be atleast 91bhp. If its 90bhp (after say rounding), it can be atmost 92ps.
One bhp/ps seems to unaccounted for ! Only thing I can think of as an explanation, is that they wanted to put a 90bhp rounded moniker rather than a 91 or 92bhp ?

After all the heavy discussions on Punto vs i10 CRDi, I am looking into the small picture ;-)
Good that you brought this point up. Even I was wondering why Fiat is using 90hp instead of 91hp if their engine is indeed 93PS.

However, since you wanted to be precise, let us be real precise :-) The precise conversion is: 1 PS = 0.9832 hp. Given this, we get:

93 PS = 91.44 hp
90 hp = 91.54 PS

So overall, like you said, it looks like Fiat has "given up" on 1 hp in order to use the nice round 90hp number.

By the way, this is OT but I hate the PS unit. It just causes too much of confusion and it allows manufacturers to get away with a slightly bloated number. I am glad Fiat is advertising the car as 90hp (although incorrectly, maybe) rather than 93PS.
Old 21st July 2010, 10:45   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Put a front seat all the way in front then push the reclining lever and again put the seatback in the front and look down just under the seat.
Aaah...tried that today morning and found them, but couldn't feel the air draft coming out of them with the AC on and blower speed at 4. Is it a case of them being disconnected for 'Active' or is it that they dont work for dynamic, Emo and Emo Pack as well ?
Old 21st July 2010, 13:05   #240
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Aaah...tried that today morning and found them, but couldn't feel the air draft coming out of them with the AC on and blower speed at 4.
Try with air direction settings which include the footwell area, if you have not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks