Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:07   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
What other features come under the s-line package other than the 20 inch wheels?
From what i know the S-line package has the bodykit, and in the front and rear lower bumpers, and side skirts are body colour unlike the normal q7's where they are a different colour as the body. Also I think it adds sport seats and maybe a few small things here and there. In India its like this, dont know about abroad. The wheels are separate options as far as i know.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
From what i know the S-line package has the bodykit, and in the front and rear lower bumpers, and side skirts are body colour unlike the normal q7's where they are a different colour as the body. Also I think it adds sport seats and maybe a few small things here and there. In India its like this, dont know about abroad. The wheels are separate options as far as i know.

already told him that but perhaps as u might have read, he claims to have seen audis without any of the options either of us mentioned but with the 's-line' badge nonetheless.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:37   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
already told him that but perhaps as u might have read, he claims to have seen audis without any of the options either of us mentioned but with the 's-line' badge nonetheless.
The bodykit is quite subtle besides from the front. He might have not noticed the bodykit but only the badge.
Old 3rd August 2010, 15:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

hmm...Is there any pics (of the usual Q7 & the s-line) for reference?
Old 4th August 2010, 11:52   #50
BHPian

S-Line means different things in different countries as far as I understand. Some of the equipment that comes under S-Line (in UK) is offered as standard in India. Few things that I think are different in India for S-Line are:

- 20" alloy wheels with 275/45 R20 Y tyres rather than 18" wheels.
- Front Sport seats rather than comfort seats
- 3 spoke steering wheel rather than 4 spoke one
- S-Line scuff plates rather than plain aluminium (?) one
- Pearl nappa leather rather than cricket leather
- Different body kit but changes are subtle. Only the front air-dam is where you can probably make out the difference. Full body color is now standard in India I think. In the earlier model Q7 the lower part was grey which you could get painted at the Audi workshop for around 30K (I did that with my earlier Q7).
- The badges

At least in UK I have seen Audi offering S-Line at the same price point as SE as promotions. However these are my assumptions - not a confirmed list.
Old 6th August 2010, 11:21   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

I must confess I was foolish enough to mess with a 4.2TDi last night on the sea-link I mistook it for a regular 3.0 only because I actually was able to be in the lead
Perhaps it is an unfair comparison only because the bulk of a q7 doesn't let you maneuver around as easily as the 5er. But it's scary to see the way that car gains momentum in your rear view mirror.
It was only when I reached the toll gate did I see the 4.2TDi badge and bowed down in respect. I wish Audi had given quad exhaust to differentiate it better !
Old 6th August 2010, 11:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I must confess I was foolish enough to mess with a 4.2TDi last night on the sea-link I mistook it for a regular 3.0 only because I actually was able to be in the lead
Perhaps it is an unfair comparison only because the bulk of a q7 doesn't let you maneuver around as easily as the 5er. But it's scary to see the way that car gains momentum in your rear view mirror.
It was only when I reached the toll gate did I see the 4.2TDi badge and bowed down in respect. I wish Audi had given quad exhaust to differentiate it better !
Sahil there are already quite a few 4.2 TDIs running around. Id presumed that they wouldnt be spotted often but much to my surprise, they are frequent enough. The only "possible" physical distinction could be that the POST face-lift Q7s come with the chrome grille bulgarian beard unlike the pre facelifted versions. However i dont know if its only the 4.2tdi with the chrome grille or does it come with post face lift 3.0 tdi Q7s as well
Ironically , 1 of the big bosses of the IT firm I-Flex happens to be my neighbour and he has just bought a Q7 4.2 TDI..in WHITE
So now the wing garage stands something like this .... Dark maroon w212 E350 on extreme right, White A4 3.0 TDI centre and white Q7 4.2 TDI on the extreme left. how nice ( i cant help but be in awe every time i am reminded that the 272hp E350 is the slowest here )

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 6th August 2010 at 11:31.
Old 6th August 2010, 11:49   #53
BHPian

@PlatzdaTurbo: That must be an amazing sight. Please do share the pic of the three if you have time to take a pic of those 3.
Old 6th August 2010, 13:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
@PlatzdaTurbo: That must be an amazing sight. Please do share the pic of the three if you have time to take a pic of those 3.

will surely try, the only issue being that the e class and Q7 are owned by the same person. LOL. So either of the 2 is there. Very rarely are both here at the same time.
Old 9th August 2010, 11:44   #55
BHPian

Some more pics finally !!

Here are some more pics that I snapped during lazy Sunday morning and also gave this beast a quick workout. Now my photography skills are very bad so please bear with me.

First some interior bits:
Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00221.jpg

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00227.jpg
These LEDS are quite bright when viewed head-on.

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00230.jpg
Usual MMI buttons. But the controller now supports a joystick like operation.

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00231.jpg
Co-driver side vanity mirror. I like the way lights are placed.

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00233.jpg
Six CD/MP3 changer below front arm-rest. There is another dedicated DVD player in the dashboard.

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00236.jpg
Buttons to help you lower Q7 while loading/unloading the boot.

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00238.jpg
racechip installed with moderate boost. Updates in another post.

Views of the passenger and driver area.
Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00247.jpg
Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00248.jpg
Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00249.jpg
Bottle holder is really big. Doors are heavy and closing them gives you a sense of security while you are inside.

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00251.jpg
Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00252.jpg
The panoramic sunroof blinds are not all that bad as they are made out to be in the mags. Even during peak of summer it is not an issue as long as AC is working .

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00255.jpg
Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00256.jpg
The rear view camera now has two modes. Normal reverse parking display as well as parallel parking view. Use the normal reverse parking mode usually.

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00258.jpg
Some more aluminium bits as compared to earlier Q7.

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00259.jpg
Boot is good for 775 ltrs when the third row is folded.
entropy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2010, 11:48   #56
BHPian

Exterior pics

As promised here are some of the exterior pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00240.jpg  

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00241.jpg  

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00242.jpg  

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00243.jpg  

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00244.jpg  

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00246.jpg  

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00237.jpg  

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00262.jpg  

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00263.jpg  

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-dsc00261.jpg  

entropy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2010, 12:45   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
S-Line means different things in different countries as far as I understand. Some of the equipment that comes under S-Line (in UK) is offered as standard in India. Few things that I think are different in India for S-Line are:

- 20" alloy wheels with 275/45 R20 Y tyres rather than 18" wheels.
- Front Sport seats rather than comfort seats
- 3 spoke steering wheel rather than 4 spoke one
- S-Line scuff plates rather than plain aluminium (?) one
- Pearl nappa leather rather than cricket leather
- Different body kit but changes are subtle. Only the front air-dam is where you can probably make out the difference. Full body color is now standard in India I think. In the earlier model Q7 the lower part was grey which you could get painted at the Audi workshop for around 30K (I did that with my earlier Q7).
- The badges

At least in UK I have seen Audi offering S-Line at the same price point as SE as promotions. However these are my assumptions - not a confirmed list.
No buddy, the options you have listed above are not standard on the S line's offered in India,

1. Even with the S Line package, Q7's will still come with the standard 18 incher's unless 20 '' alloys are opted for.

2. Sport seats are very rarely seen on Q7's in India and not standard on the S Line.

3. Again just like the alloys, this too won't be on the S Line's unless 3 spoke is opted for.

4. Correct

5. Not standard on the S Line.

6 and 7 - Correct.

Things that are different with the S-Line package are

1. Different Front Bumber with mesh in place of the regular vents
2. Scuff plates with S Line written on them
3. Rear Bumper with mesh.
3. S Line badging on the sides on the car and bottom of the steering wheel (only on three spoke one's).

Here's a pic to compare.

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-2010audiq7.jpg

Standard Q7

Got my black beast - Q7 4.2 TDI! EDIT : Now with a RaceChip (pg. 5)-medq7fandspacksslinebumpersandvalances.jpg

Q7 with S Line Package

Hope this helps
Old 9th August 2010, 12:53   #58
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful pics entropy. I cant help but notice that except for the humongous size, the amount of resemblance that a4 and q7 have in and around the cockpit. I suppose apart from the A/C vents of the Q7, which are broader, i could hardly spot any difference. Of course i was surprised to know that your 6-cd multimedia system isnt embedded inside your glove compartment but below the arm rest. ( its inside the glove box in the a4)
Anyways great pics once again. The Q7's beauty looks especially enhanced since all that chrome appeared on the grille IMO.
Old 9th August 2010, 12:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydevil View Post
No buddy, the options you have listed above are not standard on the S line's offered in India,

1. Even with the S Line package, Q7's will still come with the standard 18 incher's unless 20 '' alloys are opted for.

2. Sport seats are very rarely seen on Q7's in India and not standard on the S Line.

3. Again just like the alloys, this too won't be on the S Line's unless 3 spoke is opted for.

4. Correct

5. Not standard on the S Line.

6 and 7 - Correct.

Things that are different with the S-Line package are

1. Different Front Bumber with mesh in place of the regular vents
2. Scuff plates with S Line written on them
3. Rear Bumper with mesh.
3. S Line badging on the sides on the car and bottom of the steering wheel (only on three spoke one's).

Here's a pic to compare.

Attachment 402658

Standard Q7

Attachment 402659

Q7 with S Line Package

Hope this helps

In short, subtle changes that require loads of green
Old 9th August 2010, 13:01   #60
Team-BHP Support

That is a proper BEAST unlike small cars being called beast on the forum. Now how about the first impressions after the racechip?

EDIT - Hmmm looks like i was closest to the actual about the S-Line kit.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 9th August 2010 at 13:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks