Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 22:31   #1
BHPian

Polo highline 1.2 petrol-the first few months

Hello,

After a long and painful selection process I settled on a polo and took delivery of it at the end of march. I went for the highline(abs,airbags) version due to the amount of highway driving that I do. I ran the car in gently for the first 1 k km and changed the oil(very expensive) after 1.5k. The car itself is everything you would expect from VW-quiet(at sane speeds), refined and extremely stable. The ride is superb for what is a relatively simple suspension setup. The weight and stability of the car more than compensate for the excessively assisted steering and you find yourself comfortable even at 110+. Braking is fantastic and the confidence it gives makes you tend to keep on the throttle in situations where one normally backs off. The car has done around 2500km and there are no rattles or squeaks. I found the overall package is far better than my fiesta except for the non existent rear legroom.Room at the front is amazing once you push back completely. The fabric seats are large and offer decent support. Only irritant has been the rear bumper being bent out of shape after a a** in his logan hit me at a signal at around 5 kmph. Will probably get it replaced this week and this should give some idea of parts cost. The sales experience was so so and VW need to work on this or this car risks missing out on the average maruthi/hyundai buyer. i would give a 8/10 for the first few months of ownership.
Old 21st July 2010, 10:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your latest acquisition and guess the Polo has really kept you very busy to stay away from posting a review since March !! Better Late than Never peugeot96!

Guess you are busy working on this but a detailed review with loads of pics would be awesome.

Btw, if your driving was predominently Highway, why didn't you opt for a Diesel ?
Old 21st July 2010, 10:35   #3
BHPian

Same question, why not diesel?

And a Polo review without pics? Sacrilegious!
Old 21st July 2010, 11:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peugeot96 View Post
.. the rear bumper being bent out of shape ... Will probably get it replaced this week and this should give some idea of parts cost...
A lot of us will be interested to know VW parts cost. Pls post the breakup once work completes.
Old 21st July 2010, 12:10   #5
BHPian

Belated congratulations for your acquisition!!

As folks have already mentioned, the Polo seems to have taken up all your attention that you took so long to post your experiences here.

Where did you buy it from Downtown or the Vasanth Nagar showroom?
What was the OTR and how about the car performance on uphill roads?
Old 21st July 2010, 12:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Polo! What colour is it? And why did you change the oil after just 1000kms? VW doesn't recommend that!

PICS please!!
Old 21st July 2010, 13:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:

Only irritant has been the rear bumper being bent out of shape after a a** in his logan hit me at a signal at around 5 kmph.
First of all congrats on your new purchase. I am also eagerly waiting for the delivery of my Polo. last to last week some jerk banged his swift in my 3 months old SX4. the whole bumper got ruined. Instead of getting a new bumper i got it heated back to its shape and then repainted. it cost me 2500 bux. A BMW 5 series, a taxi was also getting its bumper resprayed and i was told that it was being done for 3500 .a polo bumper if heated and then repainted should also at max cost about 3500.
Old 21st July 2010, 14:23   #8
BHPian

It seems in four months, the car has done only 2500 kms. Why would one need diesel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Same question, why not diesel?
Old 21st July 2010, 15:22   #9
BHPian

Interesting to note that you feel the polo is a better package than the fiesta. Which fiesta petrol or diesel? I personally felt that Polo was quite cramped and found the petrol a bit too noisy for my taste.
Old 21st July 2010, 17:22   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the polo 1.2 Enjoy many more miles on the Polo. Dost post a few pictures of the car.

As said earlier, better late than never to post an ownership thread
Old 21st July 2010, 17:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Peugeot96 for the Polo, the car indeed is very nice and has an inspiring drive. Do post some pictures if possible. in between, which colour you got?

Drive Safe
Gaurav
Old 21st July 2010, 17:50   #12
BHPian

A few more details- the color is silver, mileage is around 12.5 in the city and 14.5-15 in the highway as per the on board display(still not done a proper tank refill test). I tend not to shift before 3.5k rpm so others may get better results. Acceleration is decent but nothing to write home about. When i say its a better package than the fiesta(i have a tdci) iam also referring to the overall feel in terms of ride,braking etc. The front seats are also far far better than the fiesta for longer journeys. The reason I did not go for the diesel is that the fiesta has done only 65 and will hang around for a few more years. I will try to add some snaps later today.
Old 21st July 2010, 18:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I ran the car in gently for the first 1 k km and changed the oil(very expensive) after 1.5k.
Oil quantity and price, please!
Old 22nd July 2010, 03:52   #14
BHPian

A snap of my car in B and w taken a few weeks back. Will take a few new ones soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Polo highline 1.2 petrol-the first few months-4672397638_3cf9717099_b.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2010, 10:28   #15
BHPian

Quote:
A snap of my car in B and w taken a few weeks back. Will take a few new ones soon.
Is your Polo in Reflex Silver? More pics please!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks