Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:58   #1
BHPian

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...

Well, finally, after two years of wondering what could or would ever replace my Ikon 1.6 in my heart and garage, I took the plunge and what else could it be but the Fiesta 1.6S!

Took delivery today of my Diamond White S.

My wife chose the colour and, perhaps because Lady Luck wished it so, or because she was so supportive of my desire for the S, there was a white readily available at the Ford plant. The car reached Metro Ford on Monday but we've both been tied up this week and couldn't take delivery until today.

Here she is, my latest flirt, dressed like a beautiful bride...

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...-damu-fiesta-1.6s01.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...-damu-fiesta-1.6s02.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...-damu-fiesta-1.6s03.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...-damu-fiesta-1.6s04.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...-damu-fiesta-1.6s05.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...-damu-fiesta-1.6s06.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...-damu-fiesta-1.6s07.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...-damu-fiesta-1.6s08.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.6S, Significantly Special...-damu-fiesta-1.6s09.jpg

Took her for her puja and then we went out for a quick dinner.

My very dear wife who sanctioned this purchase just a month ago in Goa, has promised me that we can drive out every weekend!

Thanks to all you TBhp 1.6 S owners who made this decision process a whole lot easier. Special thanks to Anachronix for his comparision of Ikon 1.6 to Fiesta 1.6 S, thanks Anachronix, your analysis was very valuable!

Look forward to your comments and will come up with driving impressions as well as a head to head comparision with the Ultimate Josh machine, the Ikon 1.6.

Cheers!
Damu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congratutions Dam.

You picked the right color. I have yet to a see a white S on the road. I did not know this color was available but heck I saw a horrible gold S a week ago and it looks like the car has color options. Something I thought the S variant never had.

Don't know if you have observed but the interiors are not as premium as I would have liked it to be considering the amount of dough one needs to buy this car. It reeks of quality though. I still find your Ikon's dash a little more interesting. However the Fiesta has soft to touch and feel plastics.

The gauges are also very ordinary. I prefer the nice green glow of the Ikon. The theme on the Fiesta is different and does looks nice.

As for driving it please take care. Be gentle on the gas till around the 1000km mark. Go at whatever speed you want but take it there at a gentle pace.

This is my personal experience. I find the initial throttle response on the Ikon a tad better than the S but things are a different ball game when the revs are higher on a S. It will be too early for you to comment on this as the enigne will be tight. My colleagues S has clocked 15000km & I drove this car so observations made are from driving this car.

Anyways, Welcome to the very elite & small group of Ford Fiesta S owners. Few recongnize this car for its sheer driving pleasure.
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:51   #3
BHPian

congrats on your sweet ride!Glad to see a new 's' on the forum after a long time.more pics please.
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:57   #4
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Damu. The 1.6s in white looks like pure poetry.
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:14   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats bro!!.. this was the exact thing I had in mind - you did it.. Change my Flair to a Fiesta or a Honda, but I guess its hard to let go of that Ford Josh Experience right?.
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

COngrats. Nice choice. Is the 1.6S still available? I think i heard somewhere that they were being discontinued.

I really love those alloys that come on the S.
Old 23rd July 2010, 08:41   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Congratutions Dam.You picked the right color. I did not know this color was available
Thanks Sandy! My favourite colour has always been white and when my gal said White! I was quite pleased too. BTW, the Aquarius Blue is still available.

Quote:
Don't know if you have observed but the interiors are not as premium as I would have liked it to be considering the amount of dough one needs to buy this car. It reeks of quality though.
Well I think we're paying for what's under the car (suspension and chassis bits) and that's really worth it! Even in the short drive I had last night, the suspension impressed me. And, that's coming from an Ikon owner!

Quote:
As for driving it please take care. Be gentle on the gas till around the 1000km mark. Go at whatever speed you want but take it there at a gentle pace.
Hmmm... very tempting to try it out! Yessir, I'll be careful

Quote:
This is my personal experience. I find the initial throttle response on the Ikon a tad better than the S
Not a tad, Sandy, it's a big difference. The Ikon just leaps forward. But the S is okay, it's better in traffic anyway.

Quote:
but things are a different ball game when the revs are higher on a S. It will be too early for you to comment on this as the enigne will be tight.
Yes I'll have to wait to test that out

Quote:
Few recongnize this car for its sheer driving pleasure.
True, people ask me, Ford? Fiesta S? Why? No point explaining. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
congrats on your sweet ride!Glad to see a new 's' on the forum after a long time.more pics please.
Thanks Aditya! Sure, more pics will come as I review the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Congrats Damu. The 1.6s in white looks like pure poetry.
Thanks MX6! I do like white, my Accent and M800 were both white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Congrats bro!!.. this was the exact thing I had in mind - you did it.. Change my Flair to a Fiesta or a Honda, but I guess its hard to let go of that Ford Josh Experience right?.
Thanks Dhanush! You said it right! You can't leave that Josh experience, be it 1.3 or 1.6, the Ikon is simply in a class by itself for its handling. Took me a long time to make the decision, but I'm glad I did it. Ikon to Fiesta is the only logical move as of now.
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:02   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Damu!! Wishing you many more happy miles.

This is the 'n'th Ikon to Fiesta story in T-BHP!!
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

congrats dam, now the envy follows

can you tell what was the on road price, any discounts etc that you managed to get? and was the sales guy avinash? is this the one near palace grounds?
you have a fantastic colour!! enjoy the ride!

also one more thing, few others like gilead, nair, etc have confirmed that auto lock wont happen even with central lock in place, after you start the car. can you confirm this?

Last edited by GeekSrik : 23rd July 2010 at 09:04.
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations becoming a proud owner of Fiesta - Enjoy driving miles and miles!.

You have the car at your home and all pooja ceremonies are over - imo, it is time to remove those ribbons on the bonnet, if not removed already!!
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:25   #11
BHPian

Congrats Damu.The S is a rare breed.Ive driven one.What impressed me most was the tight suspension.This car is the perfect combination of performance and handling this side of 10 lakhs.Could you please share the pricing details/discounts on the car?
NJOI.
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:32   #12
BHPian

Congrats Damu,

Thats a nice car and color that you have selected. Wish you many wonderful miles ahead. Please do post initial ownership reports after couple of long drives
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful!!!

Ikon to Fiesta - come what may, you still own your Josh machine

Congrats. And how about that number? Was it as per request? I would have loved if it was 6040.

Any plan on changing the shoes? Are these alloys to stay?

Last edited by mjothi : 23rd July 2010 at 09:37.
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:43   #14
JLN
BHPian

Congrats on the Fiesta "S". This is one of those cars I wish I had - Unfortunately with my average monthly driving of 1500-2000 kms I had to go in for a diesel - Verna.

I just loved everything about the Fiesta S - the interiors in my opinion are fantastic, much better than even the leather stuff in the SXi. The power and the handling are fascinating - I happened to drive the car on a highway with a few nice curves and that is where the car really shines. It is so planted that you really feel like a race car driver (ok - i may be exaggerating a little here).

Congrats once again and happy and safe motoring
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:45   #15
BHPian

Excellent choice there mate. She looks gorgeous in white. Please post some more pics, with interiors.

Wish you many miles of fida driving!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks