Team-BHP - My Toy ( Swift Vdi ) has arrived
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   My Toy ( Swift Vdi ) has arrived (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/86014-my-toy-swift-vdi-has-arrived-2.html)

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

hey safari, those are a really neat choice of alloys you got on her ! Would really like to appreciate your patience too, 3 months is really a long time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsp (Post 2002189)
Congrats Safari beast!!
I like your choice of alloys. In the pics you seem to be getting a PUC certificate from the PUC kiosk. Isn't it true that with a new car you dont need a PUC for 6/12 months? (not really sure if it is 6 or 12)

Can someone confirm whats the rule and timeframe?

In New Delhi, 1 year is the timeframe for which a brand new car doesn't require PUC. (Source: Facebook page of Delhi Traffic Police)

Hi all

My car went for first service , 1000 kms done so it was now time to go to service center . Car got serviced at TCS automobile Faridabad , they have do quality service , educated and nice staff they have over all i can 5 out of 5 star to them .

Last weekend some normal stuff went into my toy ( swift vdi ) basic Alpine head unit CDE100 EUB , SPS 600 alpine front door speakers these speakers are tiny but give a very decent sound with good bass . Got car glasses tinted with Lumar platinum series 68 % ( side and back ) . And also got seat covers fitted from Auto craft , its art leather stuff . BHPians once should try them for seat covers they have good quality stuff with good variety .

Well here the set of pictures of my car and let pictures do the talking . I need ur views so that i can improve the looks of my Toy .:D

Nice alloys dude! Add a rear spoiler too; it will add a sporty look to your car. I have done 5k with my Vdi; was purchased in May'10. Here you go for some snaps of my white vdi. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...t-vdi-abs.html

Drive safe !

Thanks
-Yogesh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Safari_Beast (Post 2020400)
Hi all

My car went for first service , 1000 kms done so it was now time to go to service center . Car got serviced at TCS automobile Faridabad , they have do quality service , educated and nice staff they have over all i can 5 out of 5 star to them .

Last weekend some normal stuff went into my toy ( swift vdi ) basic Alpine head unit CDE100 EUB , SPS 600 alpine front door speakers these speakers are tiny but give a very decent sound with good bass . Got car glasses tinted with Lumar platinum series 68 % ( side and back ) . And also got seat covers fitted from Auto craft , its art leather stuff . BHPians once should try them for seat covers they have good quality stuff with good variety .

Well here the set of pictures of my car and let pictures do the talking . I need ur views so that i can improve the looks of my Toy .:D

The seat covers looks very nice. How much they cost and which Brand.

Seat Covers are of make Autocraft . This is part of their CULT series . Cant disclose the price .

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanman18 (Post 2021821)
The seat covers looks very nice. How much they cost and which Brand.

OK don't tell the price but tell us where to go and get them.

I like your alloys too. I have been thinking of upgrading the alloys on my Zxi to 15" for some time but my concern is the harsh ride which will be a result of reducing the profile from 185/70R14 to 195/60R15 especially on the rear seat. Any inputs on this would be highly appreciated.

Nice Alloys. The car is looking good, cool HU too.

Dont worry about the harsh ride , i have upgraded to 195 60 R15 , there is not difference at all , my friends car is running on 14 inches he felt no difference . Get michelin tyres your ride will get superb . Jktyres are crappy which come as OE .

Alloys i got it for 15500 ( 4 alloys ) from sai mag wheels . Michelin Primacy LC tyres i got it for 20000 . These tyres are amzing to ride on . Once you drive with these tyres you will feel the grip on road .

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2022471)
OK don't tell the price but tell us where to go and get them.

I like your alloys too. I have been thinking of upgrading the alloys on my Zxi to 15" for some time but my concern is the harsh ride which will be a result of reducing the profile from 185/70R14 to 195/60R15 especially on the rear seat. Any inputs on this would be highly appreciated.

Here is the address from where i got my seat covers fitted . They do all type custom interior fitting . There seat covers are now backed with two year warranty .

Auto Craft India
Plot no : 36 Rama Industrial Area , Moti Nagar New Delhi
Opposite Mahindra showroom
Contact No : 9910048583 , 01145049333

Thanks Safari_Beast, that was a quick and crisp reply just what I needed.

auto craft is loot dude, i just went to them today. The guy does not even bargain a rupee...and he quoted 14k for art leather, which i am getting for 10k at kashmere gate. Any idea about good original leather dealer @ delhi?

Congrats to you pal, great looking car.
The swift vdi in bangalore costs 6.37lakhs! This is what we donate our corrupt politicians for making bad roads and millions of mountain type speed breakers.
I too got my car seat covers from autocraft for 3500. They were ready made and I asked them to courier here. Though the fit was not great but ok as of now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindgrinder (Post 2162424)
Any idea about good original leather dealer @ delhi?

For original leather why don't you try Stanely. They have a boutique in one of the malls near the Delhi F'Bd border on the Faridabad side. You could also check out Pandit & Co in CP or Okhla Estate.