Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2010, 13:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)

The search began in October, 2009 for a decent but powerful hatchback to replace my ageing stage 1 zen. The car was going to be used by my parents and me, with most of its life spent in the city with some occassional highway runs. Basic criteria was looks (at the end of it, it did not matter) , space to seat 5, good performance (peppy and a revvy engine would do) and yes it should be manual tranny petrol (parents did not want a diesel for unknown reasons). So we were out there with a budget of 10L looking for the perfect car for us.
We test drove the Indica Vista 1.2, I10 1.2, I20 1.2, Ritz 1.2, Jazz 1.2, Fiat Grande Punto 1.4,A-star 1.0, Chevy Beat 1.2, Chevy Spark 1.0, VW Polo 1.2 and the Ford Figo 1.2. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...oked-polo.html
After seeing the pros and cons of each car and after a lot of discussion finally on 10th May, 2010 we decided to book a Ritz Vxi petrol. But the sales reps of all the maruti suzuki dealerships told us that there was waiting for 45 days!! However a White Ritz Lxi was there in stock with Vitesse, the delivery of which was promised in 5 days. Thought for a while and signed the dotted line and took delivery of my car in 5 days.

Freebies: floor mats, mud flaps, leather steering wrap, engine light, free insurance and a mobile charger.

Accessories added: art leather seat covers, front power windows and remote locking (from Vitesse itself), 14" prestige rims on stock Bridgestone tyres and Auditor component speakers, Auditor 4 chn amp, MTX 12" sub, pioneer 3250 HU and garware sun film.

Dealer Experience:
Vitesse, Worli gave us great service with the rep coming to our doorstep for any document required by them and gave us 2-3 td's of the ritz very patiently. There was a slight fault with the rear left door lock which was rectified immediately. Also they sent us a photo frame as an apology gesture. This seemed to be a very good move. The on-road cost of the car was 4.61L (as on May, 15- delivery date). We exchanged our Zen for the ritz with Vitesse and got 1.20 Lakhs for the 2002 Zen Lxi with 45xxx kms on the odo.

Experience with the Car:
The 1.2l motor is very silent yet very revvy and the car feels very solid compared to the zen. The braking even without ABS seems pretty decent and the 165 profile Bridgestones offer adequate grip for city commuting. The body roll is surprisingly very less given the height of the car and it handles decently. The car has clocked 28xx kms already and there seems to be a slight rattle from the right door. First service is done and am eagerly waiting for the 3rd service to be done after which the stage 1 mods will follow.
Overall happy with my car and satisfied with the purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)-dscn0135.jpg  

White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)-dscn0136.jpg  

White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)-dscn0137.jpg  

White Ritz Lxi (1.2 Petrol)-dscn0145.jpg  

S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2010, 13:29   #2
BHPian

Congrats S2!! Nice purchase, One of my favorite hatchbacks too. Looks stunning in white, Superb! Love the alloys, enhances the look of the car even more. How about posting some more pics of your car (interior/exterior)? What is the engine light accessory, you got as a freebie? keep updating the thread with ownership experiences. Enjoy, Drive Safe .
Old 27th July 2010, 14:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats S2!!! on your latest Buy.

I'm sure you would be working on posting some more pics but a detailed review of the buying & owning experience would be Awesome dude.
Old 27th July 2010, 14:57   #4
BHPian

Congrats S2 on your Car! I have also purchased a Swift from Vitesse which will be delivered in next 5-6 days. Can you post the price for the Remote Locking & the Alloys.
Old 27th July 2010, 15:15   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Ritz. The alloys go well with the white shade car.

Do enjoy many more miles with the K12 Ritz.
Old 27th July 2010, 23:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhegde View Post
Congrats S2!! Nice purchase, One of my favorite hatchbacks too. Looks stunning in white, Superb! Love the alloys, enhances the look of the car even more. How about posting some more pics of your car (interior/exterior)? What is the engine light accessory, you got as a freebie? keep updating the thread with ownership experiences. Enjoy, Drive Safe .
thank you, yup even I feel it is one of the most practical hatchbacks to be sold in India. Period.
The engine light is nothing but a small bulb under the hood of the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats S2!!! on your latest Buy.

I'm sure you would be working on posting some more pics but a detailed review of the buying & owning experience would be Awesome dude.
Thank you, my search went on for quite a few months so expect a really long detailed review shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Congrats S2 on your Car! I have also purchased a Swift from Vitesse which will be delivered in next 5-6 days. Can you post the price for the Remote Locking & the Alloys.
Congrats on your swift. The remote locking cost me Rs. 7,500/ and the rims costed me approx Rs. 15,000/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Ritz. The alloys go well with the white shade car.

Do enjoy many more miles with the K12 Ritz.
Thank you. Glad you liked em.
Old 28th July 2010, 08:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the White tall boy car.How about giving the cost of Alloys and the ICE which you fixed as optional.
Old 28th July 2010, 22:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Congratulations on the White tall boy car.How about giving the cost of Alloys and the ICE which you fixed as optional.
Well the ICE was purchased by me at wholesale rates from a dealer at Opera Hse. The break up with the approx cost is as below:
Auditor Component speakers===> Rs.4,800/
Auditor 4 chn Amp=========> Rs.5,600/
MTX 12" Basstube=========> Rs.5,400/
Pioneer 3250UB Hu========> Rs.5,500/
Miscellaneous ===========> Rs.1200/
(wiring, labour, etc.)

All prices are approximate as I donot have the bill. However the grand total AFAIR was Rs.23,500/-

The ICE sounds really good at moderate levels. I did not opt for rear speakers as most of the times there are not more than 2 people in the car. Below are the pics of my speakers and the sub.

P.S: the pictures of the speaker are copy/ pasted from the focal-audio website, and the pic of the sub is taken for google, for reference only.

Last edited by S2!!! : 28th July 2010 at 22:19.
Old 28th July 2010, 23:05   #9
BHPian

Congrats S2 for the Ritz. It has got one gem of an engine. Really fun to drive in the city. The rims give it a nice overall stance. I am surprised that your ride was not shod with those terrible JKs.
Wishing you lots of happy miles.
Old 29th July 2010, 10:33   #10
BHPian

Welcome S2 to the Ritz club. Enjoy your car and drive safe.
Old 29th July 2010, 12:57   #11
BHPian

Welcome to the Ritzy zone!..Have a happy revving!!!

Wondering when did Maruti change the stock tyres from JK to Bridgestone!

Lucky u!
Old 29th July 2010, 17:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Welcome to the Ritzy zone!..Have a happy revving!!!

Wondering when did Maruti change the stock tyres from JK to Bridgestone!

Lucky u!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Welcome S2 to the Ritz club. Enjoy your car and drive safe.
Thanks guys. BTW what mileage figures are you'll getting. Under basic city conditions I am getting around 10.5 kmpl. However my car is just nudging 3000kms and I read in the manual that the FE increases after 3000 kms but i am yet curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats S2 for the Ritz. It has got one gem of an engine. Really fun to drive in the city. The rims give it a nice overall stance. I am surprised that your ride was not shod with those terrible JKs.
Wishing you lots of happy miles.
Thanks. Even i was surprised as I had already planned to change the stock jk's to 185 profile michelins but when i knew that i am getting bridgestone 165's I dropped the idea of replacing the tyres.
Old 29th July 2010, 19:42   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Thanks guys. BTW what mileage figures are you'll getting. Under basic city conditions I am getting around 10.5 kmpl. However my car is just nudging 3000kms and I read in the manual that the FE increases after 3000 kms but i am yet curious.
Here are the FE figures for my Ritz. Since this post, my Ritz has crossed 5000 KM mark but the figures are still the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Total KMs covered: 3400
Avg Mileage : 15.43 KMPL
Max Mileage : 21.65 KMPL (Highway Drive)
Least Mileage : 13.61 KMPL (Only city drive with heavy traffic)
Avg Cost/KM : Rs 3.53
Old 29th July 2010, 23:20   #14
BHPian

Congrats S2 on your choice and I am sure you will never have any regrets. Its a drreeeammm machine. Believe me I have covered 24K and have used and pushed it to extremes and its never let me down. In fact my respect for the car only increases with each passing day.

A little disappointed with the spare parts quality of the ritz, though. I have the first Ritz zxi of Bangalore and most of its parts are Japanese. While most of these parts are great but quite a few of them have not been tested for Indian conditions and are a let down. Hopefully, most of these teething troubles should have been sorted out by this time.

The best FE I have achieved is 12.6 KMPL. Even to achieve this FE I had to drive with a lot of care not letting the engine RPM cross the 2000 mark. Your LXI must and should return more than 16 Kmpl. atleast, if not more.

Congrats, once again and may your smiles increase along with miles.

Happy and safe motoring,

God bless.....
Old 30th July 2010, 08:12   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer View Post
A little disappointed with the spare parts quality of the ritz, though. I have the first Ritz zxi of Bangalore and most of its parts are Japanese. While most of these parts are great but quite a few of them have not been tested for Indian conditions and are a let down. Hopefully, most of these teething troubles should have been sorted out by this time.
Can you elaborate here? What are those parts? If other owners know about those, they can take better care of those.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks