Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 06:47   #1
akkii

My Modified Hyundai i20

Finally sold my old santro and bought an new i20 1.2 sportz to be honest i think it is the best car in this range it has all the features which even honda civic does not have in my opinion it is value for money now some people might think it is not because punto is less expensive but the bulit quality is superb
when i got this car i had an accident after 3 days the cars front side was badly damaged total repair cost 31,450RS i will upload the accident pics also

now wen i was thinking what car should i buy i went to all showrooms
first took a test drive of skoda fabia since honestly i think the car doesnt have any pick at all but once you go above 60km/hr then driving becomes better but it wasn't worth the price since in the same price i could get a much better car

second test drive of ford figo i never even wanted to take a test drive of this car but my dad told me to so i went for the test drive and trust me i did not like that car at all i mean the speedometer was to small and the car had no special attraction

third test drive hyundai i20
when i first saw the car i was amazed looks were awesome and interiors were beyond my expectations so i took the test drive and the only thing i didint like was the pick up of the car but it was not that bad

so finally i paid them token money and booked the car
i was told that the car is in a waiting period so i will get my car after 15 days but i was ready to wait
then finally after 15 days i go to the show room and everything is ready i completed all the paper work and all set to go
the guys gives me the car keys and manual and finally i start the car go for the spin
pros
awesome looks, power ORVMs, vanity mirror on the passenger side, steering wheel adjustment, rear legroom, boot space, wheel mounted audio controls,
blue interior lights , automatic climate control , awesome keys

Cons : company horn,no arm rest, no vanity mirror on the drivers side ,company speakers ,pick up not so good, security system sucks

so far i have driven 1900kms i think i have not had any problems

the list of items i have installed
parking sensors
digital projection speed display on front glass
after market alloy wheels
custom body kit
Rockford Fosgate compoents and 6x9 speakers and one basstube
one eq from mega audio
green interior lighting
door visor

next on my list of items to be installed are
angel eyes
k&n air filter
exhaust
green lighting in bonnet area

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use proper punctuation for the benefit of other members & also please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Refer to this thread for details Expected Posting Etiquette
Attached Thumbnails
My Modified Hyundai i20-28072010129.jpg  

My Modified Hyundai i20-28072010132.jpg  

My Modified Hyundai i20-28072010135.jpg  

My Modified Hyundai i20-28072010136.jpg  

My Modified Hyundai i20-28072010139.jpg  

My Modified Hyundai i20-28072010141.jpg  

My Modified Hyundai i20-28072010138.jpg  

My Modified Hyundai i20-27072010128.jpg  

My Modified Hyundai i20-27072010127.jpg  

My Modified Hyundai i20-27072010126001.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th July 2010 at 17:49. Reason: Please read the note in your post carefully, thanks

Old 28th July 2010, 09:55   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkii View Post
Finally sold my old santro and bought an new i20 1.2 sportz to be honest i think it is the best car in this range it has all the features which even honda civic does not have in my opinion it is value for money now some people might think it is not because punto is less expensive but the bulit quality is superb
when i got this car i had an accident after 3 days the cars front side was badly damaged total repair cost 31,450RS i will upload the accident pics also
Is it the new i20 which has met with the accident ?? Really sorry to hear that. By that way congrats on your new car. Hope you don't face any issues with it in future.

Please don't get offended, somehow the body kit didn't really strike to me much. Though nice choice of alloys.

OT : Try to add exclamations while writing, else it becomes very difficult to read and understand

Last edited by Repsol : 28th July 2010 at 09:57.
Old 28th July 2010, 10:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

akkii - congrats on your new car and sorry for the accident.
The alloys and bodykit look nice - but please get rid of that spoiler. Its creating a messed up and unbalanced look.
BTW - you could have gone for blue lighting LEDs - more in line with the overall styling of i20.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:05   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkii View Post
the list of items i have installed
parking sensors
digital projection speed display on front glass
after market alloy wheels
custom body kit
Rockford Fosgate compoents and 6x9 speakers and one basstube
one eq from mega audio
green interior lighting
door visor

The front skirting looks nice. I would love to install Blue lights in interior because the front panel and audio lighting are blue in new i20.
Please post the actual cost for the modifications. also please post more snaps contains whole body.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang language posts are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2010 at 21:13.
govigov is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th July 2010, 12:26   #6
BHPian

congrats on the new car buddy. Really nice choice of those alloys, really looks great on the white body. Can you post the pics of the tube and other interior accessories ?
Old 28th July 2010, 12:36   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Is it the new i20 which has met with the accident ?? Really sorry to hear that. By that way congrats on your new car. Hope you don't face any issues with it in future.

Please don't get offended, somehow the body kit didn't really strike to me much. Though nice choice of alloys.

OT : Try to add exclamations while writing, else it becomes very difficult to read and understand
+1 to that, rest the car looks cool!
Old 28th July 2010, 12:42   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

You'll need to be very careful on road humps/ditches from now on.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
You'll need to be very careful on road humps/ditches from now on.
Also, don't be surprised to find your car in a 5 star rated thread on teambhp, which is usually reserved for pictures of non-tbhpians.
Old 28th July 2010, 12:54   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your new car, though body kit is nice, I feel that you have gone a little overboard with the spoiler and you could have choose a better set of alloys but if you like it, it doesn't matter what others think.

I saw a white I20 with Neo RC Sport white machined wheels and it looks damn neat.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:08   #11
BHPian

Dear Akki,

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Is this the car thats met with an accident?? I am really sorry to hear about it-cause no matter what they do it shows up. Similar incident with me-Swaraj Mazda rammed from the rear at a signal- I had stopped like a good citizen-my boot was where the rear seat is.

Col J H Mayne
Old 28th July 2010, 13:22   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Also, don't be surprised to find your car in a 5 star rated thread on teambhp, which is usually reserved for pictures of non-tbhpians.
+1. That spoiler really deserves it.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:44   #13
lsp
BHPian

Akkii
Spoiler looks 'wannabe'. Wheels look good. Would appreciate if you can post some normal pics of the cars exterior without the photoshop effects.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Get rid of the spoiler and the green lights... If you really must go for lights, try white/blue.
Old 28th July 2010, 13:50   #15
BHPian

Congrats on getting the i20. I personally feel its good car which has absolute quality. I am also against the look of the spoiler in your car. Nevertheless, the car looks good with the alloys. Happy and safe driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks