Tata Indigo Manza: "MANDY" comes home!!-mandy5.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza: "MANDY" comes home!!-mandy6.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza: "MANDY" comes home!!-mandy7.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza: "MANDY" comes home!!-mandy8.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza: "MANDY" comes home!!-mandy9.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza: "MANDY" comes home!!-mandy10.jpg  

Old 30th July 2010, 08:30   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy your drive.
Old 30th July 2010, 12:02   #18
BHPian

Congrats for the car buddy..!! Enjoy the massive Backseat Space that Manza offers.

Wanted to know one thing, The IRVM shown in the picture, is it a Bluetooth Enabled Mirror ? If yes, can you share the Price & Feature of the same. As i am also looking for something similar like you have.
Old 30th July 2010, 12:11   #19
BHPian

Congrats on the car.. Enjoy the space and majestic road presence

Last edited by WindRide : 30th July 2010 at 12:14.
Old 31st July 2010, 05:24   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Congrats for the car buddy..!! Enjoy the massive Backseat Space that Manza offers.

Wanted to know one thing, The IRVM shown in the picture, is it a Bluetooth Enabled Mirror ? If yes, can you share the Price & Feature of the same. As i am also looking for something similar like you have.

Thanks a lot for your wishes.

The IRVM in the picture is actually the one with Rear Parking Sensor display. It has a built in speaker for notifying the distance left between rear bumper and any obstacle within 2 meters of it.

The stereo itself in Manza is bluetooth enabled, so you dont need a bluetooth enabled mirror. I had checked on prices of bluetooth enabled IRVM at one time when I had my Alto, it was about Rs. 5500/- odd then.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:36   #21
BHPian

Congrats tajender for the Manza!!

Hope you are having a great time with this new member of your family. Awaiting your long drive report.

Further can you please upload the photographs of the bad paint fininsh at the Headlamps and other places? Would like to check them.
Old 5th August 2010, 14:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Congrats tajender for the Manza!!

Hope you are having a great time with this new member of your family. Awaiting your long drive report.

Further can you please upload the photographs of the bad paint fininsh at the Headlamps and other places? Would like to check them.
Below are the pictures of left and the right bumper respectively. You could notice the paint defects along the headlamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Indigo Manza: "MANDY" comes home!!-mandy-l-bumper.jpg  

Tata Indigo Manza: "MANDY" comes home!!-mandy-r-bumper.jpg  

Old 5th August 2010, 15:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajender View Post
... The suspension is very soft.
GTO's review and Autocar review on TV both mentions an 'up-down' movement for rear passengers on undulating highways.

Also, i have seen Manza's rear 'bounce' heavily when starting off from signals.

I guess, soft suspension results in these.

Quote:
DIS is showing a average of 10.6 Kms. A bit on lower side,
11 - 12 seems to be what most Saffire Manza users report in their threads.

Quote:
It does not feel underpowered at all in city driving till now.
I have seen Petrol Manzas rip thru traffic in Bangalore. Awesome power to carry a barge in that fashion!!
Old 5th August 2010, 21:36   #24
BHPian

The interiors looks so upmarket and with oodles of space Tata has done really very well. However that paint defect is really alarming. Get a touch up soon.
Old 5th August 2010, 22:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Below are the pictures of left and the right bumper respectively. You could notice the paint defects along the headlamps.
Thank you for the response tajender, I think its the paint peel off while doing the PDI when the shift ends. Did you approach the Show room regarding this tagender? They should atleast do the paint touch up if not replacing the whole bumper. Pls let me know about this.

Mean while, have a happy Ma'n'zaaa time!
Old 6th August 2010, 17:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations, Tajender!! Lovely car, and I'm glad someone is posting about their Safire Manza. Was considering this for a member of family, but couldn't find many reviews about the petrol. Diesel is both outside my budget and not necessary for the amount the car will be run.

Apart from the paint issue, any other defects or rattles or the like? Keep us posted on the FE changes, your driving experience, and most important, your service experience
Old 6th August 2010, 21:20   #27
BHPian

Thanks again for your wishes guys. I will keep you posted on the all aspects of the vehicle.

Apart from the minor paint glitches on front bumper, no further short comings on the car till now.

By the way, the weekend trip to Amritsar is canceled, courtesy my friends who were to accompany . Will post the highway ride quality review as soon as I get a chance to take "Mandy" out.
Old 6th August 2010, 21:23   #28
BHPian

Congratulations! I love the interiors. TML is improving by the day.

It is a surprise that one can find fault with TATA paint job . But I hope it gets resolved soon.

Happy Motoring.
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:15   #29
BHPian

Completed First Service @ 603 KMs

Hello everyone!!

Thanks a lot for all your wishes and apologies for no posts for so long.

Just got through with the first service. Mandy had clocked 603 Kilometers and it had completed first month, so time t\for the first service.

No major niggles as reported by me just that it slightly pulling to left. Needed the alignment to be checked. The service adviser was a bit pushy about the underbody coating, which I managed to put off for the time being. Got Air Bond valve cap fitted and thats what Rs. 140/- can be accounted for.

There is a strange development that I noticed after the service, which is that whenever I press the clutch pedal of my feet is touching the floor under the clutch and I turn the steering, I get to sense moving under my feet . I never noticed that earlier. What I wanna know is if this is normal and if now, what could have caused this?

Regarding the service station that I went to, it was again Techno Automobiles in Najafgarh. I must admit that it is one huge service station. They have in all 24 workstations and can attend to 24 vehicles at the same time and a huge workforce. Also, the customer service is impeccable. The waiting area for the customers was pretty good, better than Hyundai's and Maruti's that I have been to.

Last edited by tajender : 22nd August 2010 at 21:22. Reason: Added Title
Old 18th September 2010, 01:51   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone!!

Thanks a lot for all your wishes and apologies for no posts for so long.

Just got through with the first service. Mandy had clocked 603 Kilometers and it had completed first month, so time t\for the first service.

No major niggles as reported by me just that it slightly pulling to left. Needed the alignment to be checked. The service adviser was a bit pushy about the underbody coating, which I managed to put off for the time being. Got Air Bond valve cap fitted and thats what Rs. 140/- can be accounted for.

There is a strange development that I noticed after the service, which is that whenever I press the clutch pedal of my feet is touching the floor under the clutch and I turn the steering, I get to sense moving under my feet . I never noticed that earlier. What I wanna know is if this is normal and if now, what could have caused this?

Regarding the service station that I went to, it was again Techno Automobiles in Najafgarh. I must admit that it is one huge service station. They have in all 24 workstations and can attend to 24 vehicles at the same time and a huge workforce. Also, the customer service is impeccable. The waiting area for the customers was pretty good, better than Hyundai's and Maruti's that I have been to.
I think thats the steering column under your foot. Looks like its a design issue with the TML vehicles. Noticed this in my indicas as well. Basically, because of the arrangement of the pedals, your foot tends to rest on this joint when the clutch is pressed.

If you look carefully, you will see that there is a steering column joint just below the clutch pedal.

Most Viewed