Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 20:29   #16
BHPian

Re: White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;---REally -)

Hey guys !!
It been Long since i updated this thread!

I have clocked 22xxx kms in Xylo till date..

NOT JUST LEGS.. EVERYTHING IS HAPPY!

The car is running perfectly fine and has made me totally impressed with the mahindra service

Over a reading of all the experiences of the people i have personally come to the conclusion that its actually the dealer that the service becomes good or bad.. the homework done by all the manufacturers is always 100 percent complete..

Their policies and their measures are enough, so that no customer is looted or felt left out. Its purely the selection of the right dealer.
and by selecting Koncept have sure made the perfect choice.

My baby completed a year on 31st march.
and had approximately completed 19 k km's at that time.

Problems reported till now- NONE.

in all its 3 services(5k, 15k, 20k) the service was done upto my satisfaction and the interiors and exteriors were always spic clean which always made me tip the cleaners.!

All the issues or noises were carefull observed and registered by the Service advisor and were also satisfactorily cleared.

Till now..
I have got a whole new Bridgestone tyre from Mahindra due to sidewall crack which was cut by a sharp stone out at a nifty parking lot , but claimed it under warranty from Mahindra as a Manufacturing defect with realization! and not to forget the repeated follow up by their call centre in Mumbai, the dealer and the Bridgestone company.

An Another Instance

Very Recently a nail pierced one of the tires and the driver in his ignorancy and amazement that how could the nail did not puncture the tyre till now , removed the nail... result= phusssss..... (why wasn't he educated bout the tubeless radials before!)
and that also at a time when my dad was about to leave for the office, this was 10.30 am

The driver tried to change the tyre and i dont know by what method destroyed the spanner.. as it got bent when he was trying to open the nuts.!
and the bent spanner certainly made me go NUTS!!

Subsequently-

My dad made a short call to the xylo care no. embossed on the back of key.

The call agent asked for the car's registeration no. and greeted in a good way by quoting name and all the details from their system. Dad narrated the problem and was asked to be there on the site as the dealer would call us in the next 1 hour. This was around 10.45

10.55- Call from my Dealer

Good Morning Mr Verma,

I am from Koncept automobiles , we have received a complaint for your vehicle, May i please know your exact location?
after the narration again and noting down the complaint no. we were told that help would reach soon.

11.15- A yellow scorpio Lx model without any seats at the back and Mahindra Care written over it stopped right in front of us.

within the next half hour they fixed the tyre, and asked us to get a free replacement for the bent spanner from the dealership!

As they left, first thing my dad said=-
I like their service.

Me- WOW!!!!

All in all xylo is a very good package and an extremely VFM one.

All this while i have had 3 highway trips where the beast returned an average FE of 14 km/l with full A/C and full load ( read - 7 adults, loads of luggage)

The only thing i would say downrightly is
That being at such a great height and having such a soft suspension setup the ride gets roller coaster type on wavy roads
Otherwise there are very few unfortunate potholes that pass through the xylo's suspension to passengers!

And Not to forget

Most of my private and splendid moments were majestically spent in this beast!!!

TO the best of ALL!

To all the people who are apprehensive of the Mahindra Badge.!

Forget bout it..
AND GO IN FOR THIS ROCKING BEAST!!
Attached Thumbnails
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-03082010015.jpg  

White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-03082010002.jpg  

White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-05082010016.jpg  

don_carmaster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 20:20   #17
BHPian

Re: White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)

Hello!
Guys! and the few gals! (i guess there are some on bhp?!?)

Just finished another trip in this wonderful MUV.
the route was Delhi - BEAS - Delhi plus a stopover at ludhiana.
The car had four adults and the rear seats folded up for a lot of luggage!.

The car gave a comfortable and a convincing performance , though the highway from PANIPAT to jallandhar is nothing lesser than pathetic, with repair work and 6 laning in progress there are 5 diversions every 10km's and that makes driving a pain!!

but since i am bhpian! (yes its a new religion! and the bible is tbhp.com)
i rode all the back and forth in total 981 kms.

My lovely vehicle returned an average of 13 for the whole trip. with full dual A/c 100%.

all during the ride there was one issue i faced..
The car when reaching speeds of 100 to 120 started to shudder and give vibrations in the steering.
This is a new development cause i ve once taken it to 150 and there was certainly no issue!
Can guru's shed some light on what could be the reason?

Otherwise the whole trip was an enjoyable one!

regards,
Sahil
Old 19th May 2011, 20:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hello!

all during the ride there was one issue i faced..
The car when reaching speeds of 100 to 120 started to shudder and give vibrations in the steering.
This is a new development cause i ve once taken it to 150 and there was certainly no issue!
Can guru's shed some light on what could be the reason?

regards,
Sahil
Try doing the same speed on a different and deserted road. If issue still persists
1. Get your wheels balanced and aligned.
2. Check for any stones or bubbles in the tire surface.

P.S i got best mileage on my previous trip of 14 kmpl with very sedate driving.
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

When was the last Wheel balancing and Alignment done??. AFAIK, it would be good if this is done every 5k kms. As rocky mentioned check the tire also.

PS:Even I have got 16kmpl without A/C for a sedate driving
Old 28th November 2011, 18:37   #20
BHPian

Hello Folks!

Its been long again i updated my stories on tbhp.!

For all this while i would again say the the way xylo has been servicing us for the past 20 months and 33000 kms, it has been truly blissful!

Every peaceful trip, Every testosterone and adrenaline charged drive, Every comfortable voyage has always been fulfilled with a wonderful topping of the Happy legs!

Till now there has not even been one issue with car! ..oops beast!(touchwood)

Every service experience has been way smooth , thanks to Koncept Automobiles for their evergrowing humbleness and polite attitude, that they have been able to score 9 if not 10 always in their ratings

In warranty,
+My right side upper arm has been replaced
+Manual override for fuel-lid opening knob replaced, it came out without any certain reason!
+Front right Bridgstone dueller replaced due to a sidewall crack (koncept was hands-on during this claim)

All of these warranty claims needed nothing more than a mention and i was happy to find them listed as FREE on my bill!

For the FE
I have thrice calculated the city average by the tankful to tankful methd-

it came out at an average of

10.8+11.6+11.5/ 3 = 11.3

highway averages have always been 13- 14

In all the conditions AC was 100 percent on!
I actually dont remember when was the last time i hit the A/C Hi button to put it off!. Its now that the winters are approaching that A/c has seen the OFF position

Planning for another highway ordeal in december 2nd week towards Punjab!
Hope to get a 14 this time!

For people who have not bought a Mahindra , thinking of reliability then here is the proof - NO problems

For people who have bought a Mahindra, and are superbly uncomforted by their ***, try koncept - they are extremely professional and bang on!

Next year March My Beast would be 2 years old and would aprox. reach 40000 kms

will try to keep updated, and sooner!

Pictures following soon!

Mahindra. Rise!

regards and thanks,

Sahil
Old 5th December 2011, 10:07   #21
BHPian

As promised Caught some nice pictures of my baby!
Yesterday night with the lighting, will click some pictures today in daylight and post them too!

DROOL-

The Central bezel with its serene orange lighting
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011006.jpg

White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011009.jpg
The speedometer with its bright white light, it looks brighter in this picture has never been an issue while night driving
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011010.jpg
THe power window console with lights, every switch for evrey seat is backlit and is very convenient to use in night time
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011011.jpg
Full Beam head ON
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011012.jpg
Close up of the head lamp
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011013.jpg

White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011015.jpg
Beam from the front
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011016.jpg
Fog light throw
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011017.jpg
Low beam throw
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011018.jpg
High beam throw
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011020.jpg
the internal lighting , it looks very cool when it gets lit up by pressing the UNlock button. and is very useful too remains on till 10 seconds or ignition
White Xylo E8 ABS - Having The time Of My Life With Some Happy Legs ;-)-04122011021.jpg
don_carmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 11:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

don_carmaster

Really glad to see that both the Xylo and the dealer have served you so well till date. I have a family of 6 adults and 2 kids and I must have an MUV/SUV pretty soon. So, I have few queries for you.

1) Did you look at the Scorpio while zeroing on the Xylo? Did you TD Scorpio too?
2) The ABS variant of Scorpio costs less than the E8-ABS variant of Xylo. For instance, in Pune the Ex-showroom cost of SLE variant of Scorpio is 8,89,800 whereas E8-ABS of Xylo is 8,95,600. Even though the difference is marginal, I was expecting Xylo to be cheaper than the Scorpio when compared Apples to Apples.
3) Does it really move like a boat at speeds more than 100 kmph? How bad is the body roll?
4) How good or bad is the turning radius for a U-turn at a busy junction in the city?
5) I felt that Scorpio is easier to park than an Innova or Safari. No idea about Xylo. What say?
6) Do you think that it is good to go for the non-ABS E6 variant, if there is a budget constraint?
7) Any idea about current Xylo prices/offers?

I will stop here, before you ban me from posting in your thread.
Old 5th December 2011, 12:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
I have a family of 6 adults and 2 kids and I must have an MUV/SUV pretty soon. So, I have few queries for you.
Not to thread jack, but most Xylo owners probably had the Scorpio as a contender. This thread is good reading.

Last edited by mmxylorider : 5th December 2011 at 12:19.
Old 8th December 2011, 02:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
don_carmaster

Really glad to see that both the Xylo and the dealer have served you so well till date. I have a family of 6 adults and 2 kids and I must have an MUV/SUV pretty soon. So, I have few queries for you.

1) Did you look at the Scorpio while zeroing on the Xylo? Did you TD Scorpio too?

Yes i had a very detailed and interrogative look of the scorpio, the main reason for rejecting it was the interiors of the car, which were a total put off for me and my DAD.
Plus, the kind of space and creature comforts xylo had to offer, it was a complete temptation over the scorpio
To my surprise, the acceleration of xylo, faired out to be far more better thani had expected it to be!

2) The ABS variant of Scorpio costs less than the E8-ABS variant of Xylo. For instance, in Pune the Ex-showroom cost of SLE variant of Scorpio is 8,89,800 whereas E8-ABS of Xylo is 8,95,600. Even though the difference is marginal, I was expecting Xylo to be cheaper than the Scorpio when compared Apples to Apples.

The mighty scorpio has the ABS to offer on the mid variant, while xylo has this on the top variant, what you are comparing is the availability of a safty feature at a bit lesser price than xylo. I am sure if they start to offer the ABS on the middle or the E6 variant, their sales would definately boost, because the E6 retails at around 30k less and a safety feature like ABS is certainly important on a vehicle of this size.
Believe me ABS has been a life saver in many neck-breaking situations.

3) Does it really move like a boat at speeds more than 100 kmph? How bad is the body roll?

To be honest, if you load xylo with 2 people and a fair amount of luggage at the far end, the ride will be much better than 2 people and luggage in the middle(talking from a personal experience). and considering the safety at higher speeds, ,y xylo has always behaved much better than my expectations on the Highways though it was always fully loaded.
If u weight it properly it doesn't roll and certainly not on Highways.

4) How good or bad is the turning radius for a U-turn at a busy junction in the city?

The turning radius actually depends on what angle you start the turn, and which lane you start the turn, so far i have found the advertised figures to be justified.

5) I felt that Scorpio is easier to park than an Innova or Safari. No idea about Xylo. What say?

For parking you definately need both the SVM's, they are highly necessary but it depneds on your skill to park, where i have never found an issue while parking any car, my sister always screws up with the approach angle!

6) Do you think that it is good to go for the non-ABS E6 variant, if there is a budget constraint?

Ranga if u have to compromise, compromise on bells and whistles but definitely not on safety.
I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND ABS FOR XYLO considering is bulk and its size. and plus practically speaking i have found the braking to be better in ABS versions than Non ABS ones.

7) Any idea about current Xylo prices/offers?

No idea till now, but i will sure get you to know about it, I have a personal contact with the dealership out here, so I will let u know what best you can extract!

I will stop here, before you ban me from posting in your thread.
that would sure never happen
Hello Ranga, I am sorry for the late reply Have lately been quite busy!!

My replies are in bold!

Cheers,
Sahil
don_carmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 09:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hello Ranga, I am sorry for the late reply Have lately been quite busy!!

My replies are in bold!

Cheers,
Sahil
Thanks a lot Sahil for the detailed responses. Much appreciated.

BTW, who is this Ranga? Or is it some local slang adjective?
Old 8th December 2011, 11:57   #26
BHPian

Actually, there is one more Bhp-ian who has a similar kingd of dispay picture as yours ans hi s name is Ranga!

So mistaking you for him, i quoted that!
My sincere apologies
And by the time i realized the expiry time had crossed!

Sahil

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks