Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 10:06   #1
BANNED

Poor Man's M3 - Alpine White BMW 320d @ 110,000 KMs

Hello everyone

I got delivery of my BMW on 21/7/19. Its a BMW 320 D alpine white and everything stock.

I already have around 1800 kms driven and enjoying every bit of it.

However my runflats in the front seems like giving up. They have uneven tread and make sound like a overloaded truck. What could be the reason for that.

I will be updating this thread as much as I can.

And by the way my car gives me super mileage of 4-5 Kmpl. I drive it very hard.
Old 1st August 2010, 10:40   #2
BANNED

Uploading a few pics and video coming soon. I touched 184 in that video. smokes almost everything in this class.

Reagrds
Attached Thumbnails
Poor Man's M3 - Alpine White BMW 320d @ 110,000 KMs-imag0290.jpg  

Poor Man's M3 - Alpine White BMW 320d @ 110,000 KMs-imag0292.jpg  

Poor Man's M3 - Alpine White BMW 320d @ 110,000 KMs-imag0293.jpg  

Poor Man's M3 - Alpine White BMW 320d @ 110,000 KMs-imag0294.jpg  

Poor Man's M3 - Alpine White BMW 320d @ 110,000 KMs-imag0297.jpg  

Poor Man's M3 - Alpine White BMW 320d @ 110,000 KMs-imag0303.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 3rd August 2010 at 15:54. Reason: STRICTLY no pictures of alcohol on this forum. READ our rules please
taranonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2010, 10:44   #3
BHPian

Another BMW added to Chandigarhs Collection . Good going Tarun . Congratulations on the new ride man . Looks sweet in the Alpine White !
Old 1st August 2010, 10:46   #4
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy dude! But I do hope you didn't drive after the first pic was taken...Have some great moments with the Beemer. She loves corners

Just a mention. The 320d is assembled in India, so doesn't qualify as an import.
Old 1st August 2010, 10:48   #5
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations paaji !!
Great choice on the model and the color. But a mileage of "only" 4-5kpl that too in a diesel and run-flats are breathing out in "just" 1800 kms? Seems you love riding your Bimmer really really hard.

OT- Please post this thread in the Initial Ownership and Report section.
Old 1st August 2010, 11:02   #6
BHPian

>>> Congrats.

The Bimmer looks pristine in alpine white, very spare and very poised. Very nice. Do update us with your posts on your initial driving experiences. The RFTs showing their age ( and weariness) so soon is troubling. Please inform BMW and if possible get them to replace your RFTs with regular tubeless; the latter will be far smoother and comfortable on all surfaces.

By the way is this the corporate edition? Let us know, if possible, the costs. I assume the T in your registration number stands for temporary.

Drive safe and have "joy ful" drives.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 1st August 2010 at 11:03. Reason: Made additions
Old 1st August 2010, 11:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

@taran

Congrats on the 320d CE. Looks great in white. I see you have already had a little "celebration" on the car's trunk !!

No matter how hard you drive, 4-5 kmpl is unreal for the 320d as also the RFT's showing uneven wear at 1800 kms of use.

I think it is time for a visit to the workshop for a "check up". Maybe your tyres will get replaced under warranty & your front suspension checked.

BTW what's the OTR price in Chandigarh ??

Enjoy your car !!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 1st August 2010 at 11:39.
Old 1st August 2010, 11:38   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
Another BMW added to Chandigarhs Collection . Good going Tarun . Congratulations on the new ride man . Looks sweet in the Alpine White !
Thanks you sir. Yes it does look sweet and I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
Congrats on your new buy dude! But I do hope you didn't drive after the first pic was taken...Have some great moments with the Beemer. She loves corners . Bimmer definitely love corners, thats why my tyres make noise like truck. You can turn the car at double the speed other cars turn and there is no body roll.

Just a mention. The 320d is assembled in India, so doesn't qualify as an import.
I know sir 320d is assembled in India but it does qualify for a Super-Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Congratulations paaji !!
Great choice on the model and the color. But a mileage of "only" 4-5kpl that too in a diesel and run-flats are breathing out in "just" 1800 kms? Seems you love riding your Bimmer really really hard.

OT- Please post this thread in the Initial Ownership and Report section.
Yes sir, I drive bimmer untill I get tired each day. So you can imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>> Congrats.

The Bimmer looks pristine in alpine white, very spare and very poised. Very nice. Do update us with your posts on your initial driving experiences. The RFTs showing their age ( and weariness) so soon is troubling. Please inform BMW and if possible get them to replace your RFTs with regular tubeless; the latter will be far smoother and comfortable on all surfaces.

By the way is this the corporate edition? Let us know, if possible, the costs. I assume the T in your registration number stands for temporary.

Drive safe and have "joy ful" drives.

Regards
Yes it is the BMW CE but only features missing out are Idrive and sunroof which I dont care about. However no xenons in this version and it really stupid. I even had aftermarket xenons on my toyota.

I will be talking to the BMW CHD about the runflats. Car is too awesome for me.. You got to own one.. nothing like this. I did test drive 3-4 times: AUDI A4, Merc C, BMW 3... It was the perfect rwd for me.

Just push the DTC button for 5 Seconds and all TCS DTC, ABS etc safety blah blah turns off and you are on your own...

I am really scared to drift on corners but the power delivery is so huge... just slot the gear to sports mode and she does 0-170 without putting load on engine and without your co-passenger knowing about the speed ofcourse untill they look at the speedo.

Air conditioner is dual climate control, different temp for each person. Audio system is BMW professional and that sucks big time. Going to upgrade it sooner or later... ICE gurus bimmer needs help.

Im 6 feet and 4 inches tall. quite comfortable ride and power seats with power back support really helps. but when I am seated in the front no one can sit in the back seat. But who cares..

and not to mention run flats do fine on chandigarh roads and highways, however they smack into potholes very very hard.

I maintain 38 psi in all four tyres.

Last edited by taranonline : 1st August 2010 at 11:46.
Old 1st August 2010, 11:52   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
@taran

Congrats on the 320d CE. Looks great in white. I see you have already had a little "celebration" on the car's trunk !!

No matter how hard you drive, 4-5 kmpl is unreal for the 320d as also the RFT's showing uneven wear at 1800 kms of use.

I think it is time for a visit to the workshop for a "check up". Maybe your tyres will get replaced under warranty & your front suspension checked.

BTW what's the OTR price in Chandigarh ??

Enjoy your car !!

Cheers
Yes sir the very day we had the celebration.

You gotta trust me on this one for the first 800 kms, bimmer drank full four tanks of fuel. tank is 61 litres. I will post the pic of the runflats.

In the tyre pic the front side of the outside tread is higher than the next outside tread. kind of uneven.

I bought the car for 24.40 + .52 Insurance + Punjab Registeration 2%. Chandigarh registeration is .4 only but I want a Punjab no hopefully a VIP no. transferred from our old premier padmini that is "PJO 3".
Attached Thumbnails
Poor Man's M3 - Alpine White BMW 320d @ 110,000 KMs-imag0366.jpg  

Poor Man's M3 - Alpine White BMW 320d @ 110,000 KMs-imag0364.jpg  

Last edited by taranonline : 1st August 2010 at 12:02.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:03   #10
BANNED

I certainly didnt like the alloy wheels at first look but now they look nice to me. Had they been in 18 inches.....
Old 1st August 2010, 16:44   #11
BHPian

Awesome car bro.Its indeed a supercar.I feel the run flats will do well in Chandigarh so you won't be requiring a replacement.

PJO 3 will enhance its VIP image."Punjabian da tashan"
Old 1st August 2010, 18:01   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
Awesome car bro.Its indeed a supercar.I feel the run flats will do well in Chandigarh so you won't be requiring a replacement.

PJO 3 will enhance its VIP image."Punjabian da tashan"
rahul thanks for your comments..

ICE gurus please help me with audio install. I am planning to add subs to the system. I have the amp, subs.. but dont know where to start.

Thanks
Old 1st August 2010, 18:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
In the tyre pic the front side of the outside tread is higher than the next outside tread. kind of uneven.
Is that a cut (second pic) on the tire or is it some mark?
Old 1st August 2010, 18:09   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Is that a cut (second pic) on the tire or is it some mark?
im nt sure.. but nothing serious.. hope so
Old 1st August 2010, 18:27   #15
lsp
BHPian

Congrats paaji!!! It looks amazing it white.

800/(60X4)=3.33 kmpl. Have no experience in this segment but I've got to ask - Is this normal??
Quote:
You gotta trust me on this one for the first 800 kms, bimmer drank full four tanks of fuel. tank is 61 litres.
Look at the bright side. FE has improved more than 50%.
Quote:
....my car gives me super mileage of 4-5 Kmpl

Most Viewed