Team-BHP - Got Our Pre-Worshipped Honda Civic SMT 2007
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Got Our Pre-Worshipped Honda Civic SMT 2007 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/86396-got-our-pre-worshipped-honda-civic-smt-2007-a.html)

Hi all

Brother Wanted to dispose off 4 year old Swift VXi and buy VW Polo.

Got him to read GTO's Thread.

GTO's thread got us thinking about Lateral Upgrade from Hatch back to Sedan Segments.

Sold 2004 Swift VXi for 2.75 & Bough a Pre-Worshipped Civic SMT 2007 with 28K on the Odo for 7.2 through Capital Honda Auto Terrace program in Chennai.

First Impressions are Space, Ride Quality & lack of Noise inside the car.

Will be upgrading to Art leather seats (Ovion) through Satya Tommorow.

Help Required on the following:

Dealer is creating problems with RC name transfer saying Emmission test Certificate is required.

This was 10 days after buying the car & paying 1200 rs for name transfer.

Besides Insurance lists the car as White City Instead of White Civic

Bro, that car looks brand new! Congratulations, a super deal. BTW this seems to be in the wrong section? (shouldnt it be in TD & Ownership reports?)

Also, please share more pics. Love the pristine white look

@dvprasad: The emissions test - PUC is required by law. I am not sure if it required for the registration of second hand cars, however, it is best to ensure that it has been carried out and is up to date. If so, bring it up with your dealer.

If not, go to a good petrol pump, where they should be able to help you get your PUC certificate, after testing your vehicle.

Edit: Quadmaniac - Have reported the post to the mods, so they can move it to the right section.

the car looks immaculate and superb. Wonderful deal. I am also from chennai, may be just may be, I would get a pre-worshipped civic in a few years down the lane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvprasad (Post 2005791)

This shouldnt be a problem. Check the value of the car as per the insurance.

I have had this mistake in my insurance too. I showed them when I had to renew it and was taken care of promptly.

Congrats on the car. Looks nice. Enjoy!

Hey congrats!!! That is a good deal you got. Its not the price. But, getting a car with low odo reading is the tough part.

Congratulations Mate. the car looks pristine and real VFM with only 28k on the clock.

GTO's Magic all around huh...:D

Do post an initial ownership report please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvprasad (Post 2005791)
Dealer is creating problems with RC name transfer saying Emmission test Certificate is required. This was 10 days after buying the car & paying 1200 rs for name transfer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 2006156)
@dvprasad: The emissions test - PUC is required by law. I am not sure if it required for the registration of second hand cars, however, it is best to ensure that it has been carried out and is up to date. If so, bring it up with your dealer.

The PUC is definitely required by law, even in case of registration of second hand car. Also, I agree with Lambo that PUC should be carried out every 3 months and should be up to date.

Go to any petrol station with the car's old RC or even the photocopy (though only a few stations accept photocopy here in delhi) and get the PUC done.

Also, give a written application to the insurance people along with the RC (old) of the car and get the car name changed to civic. Also fill in an insurance form and get the insurance transfered in your name. (copy of form 29 and 30 will do). However, Insurance companies require you to get the insurance transfered in your name and hand in a RC copy which has your name as new owner within 15 days of buying the car.

Please get the car and the insurance transfered in your name asap. God forbid, but if required, Insurance companies do make fuss in giving claims if its more than 15 days since one bought the car and its still not transfered in the name of new owner.

Take care and drive safe.
Gaurav

congrats for the car.Why are the balancing weights on outer side of the rim,they should be on the inner side to keep the alloys looking beautiful?

@dvprasad,

Congrats on the car, the car looks good in white and alloys are eye catching.:thumbs up

You have got a fantastic deal and as suggested by BHPians, you get an Emmission certificate from any trusted petrol pump bunk. This is needed for the car transfer.

I guess GTO, Smartcat effect is rubbing off on more BHPians and its raining pre worshippeds (civics mainly) on BHP.:D

Congrats dvprasad!
Its raining Civics here on T-BHP. I have also got myself a 2006 S-MT in June.

Take good care of it and all the best.

On closer look it seems that the right side of your front bumper alignment seems to be off.

Cheers

Great catch dvprasad! Welcome (your brother) to the Civic club! :). That is a really sweet deal you've netted there. I hope the documentation issues get resolved soon and don't stand in the way of you people enjoying this wonderful machine.

I got tired of hunting around for those non-existent pre-worshipped Civics here and just bought a new one myself. As Hiren said, it really is raining Civics all of a sudden.

Regards,
spadix

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.