Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:18   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Hey

Congrats first and I too am interested in the Linea/Fiesta petrol since basically sick of waiting for Polo and saved some extra dough .

I have 2 questions:
1) After going through various posts on T-BHP it looks like Fiat parts wear off/fall off very quickly (headlights blacked out, coolant pipe came off, ACC draining etc.) is the story same or has it improved. How did you tide over that fear?

2) Spares take too much time to arrive, I know I am being paranoid but few things like simple indicator replacement took many weeks for people on T-BHP so a bit worried over it, any improvements on the same would be good to know
1) See it in perspective. (a) Even I was perturbed with all the stories floating on T-bhp on Fiat A$$, but if you see the date stamps on the posts, this has been a continuous evolution (both for Fiat in terms of product mktg & sales as well as TATA in terms of servicing a different segment of customers) - Was difficult to find threads that were started recently (2010) on Linea.
Also, as someone PM'ed me - whats the alternate choice in this segment? - Rs.8.5-10 Lakhs budget, 3 box, diesel - Dzire, Manza and Linea.

2) Owners feedback on service levels would be appreciated here - but I guess having service intervals that are really looooong, is the reason why we dont have frequent updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
certainly do need your help with dealer exp! looking at the same car right now! thanks in anticipation
Let me know which model you are contemplating - I might be able to help you off-line on which dealer would be the best bet, in terms of cars & color options availability
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:39   #17
BHPian

Emotion MJD Epk ! color undecided.. but might be wine.
Old 2nd October 2011, 01:56   #18

Re: Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pk - Ownership Experience: 2010 (Fresh from the oven!)

Hi, i have been offered a Linea Emotion Pack at an on-road cost of 8.2 lachs with Gurgaon registeration. The only catch is that the car is a April 2010 model that has been lying in their yard in the open unsold along with t-jet Lineas. I am worried that the deal sounds too good to be true. I am also a long term (and currently as well) Fiat Uno diesel 1998 model owner. So i am aware of the bad A.S.S. Fiat however, does know how to manufacture robust cars. Unfortunately even the best machinery requires maintenance. I am still willing to consider this offer, though my concerns are the condition and history of the vehicle. Assuming the dealer is speaking the truth, tyres, braking system, weather rubbers, electrical do get affected. My option is to go for VW Vento trendline Breeze diesel model for an road cost of 8.3 with Gurgaon registeration. Both prices quoted include cost of my existing vehicle in exchange. No doubt the trim level of the two car models are amazingly in favour of the linea. A little confused. Pls advice
Old 8th November 2011, 15:43   #19

Re: Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Pk - Ownership Experience: 2010 (Fresh from the oven!)

Think you can get the battery replaced and go ahead with the linea. In any case you will have an extend warranty offer for 3 years from date of registration.
Old 26th November 2011, 14:25   #20
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I just booked my Emotion pack Linea in Tuskan Wine colour.

As I am delighted by the fully packed features, I am still skeptical about one fact. I want to know if we get any outside smell when the A/C is kept to recirculate the cabin air? Also, is there any filter(Hepa?) which filters the air when the blower is kept on fresh/outside air to keep the germs/bacteria/foul smell outside the cabin? If not, what options do we have?

Also, has anyone changed the stock speakers? If yes, what was the replacement? I am music enthusiast and listen to mostly hip-hop/pop genre's.

Fellow linean's pls help!!
Old 26th November 2011, 17:53   #21
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@ceebeezee, Hearty congrats on getting Sexy Italian lady home. I am feeling so happy that one of the wonderful master pieces from fiat is not simply going to graveyard from backyard, instead it joined your family as a family member. Don't treat her just like a commuter. take good care of her, she will give you more and more happy miles. cars from fiat are not just made to compete the market and make money. they will not compromise on giving you comfort, ride quality, steering, handling, fuel efficiency, stunning looks, build quality and of-course at affordable price. i was bit worried seeing sales graph of fiat cars falling down. but now i have a confidence on seeing you, people who doesn't want to compromise will definitely buy a fiat after a Test Drive. Congrats once again and very nice write up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks