Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 08:52   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for detailed pre-buying narrative. I can appreciate the tensions when one has to plonk down so much money for a car and then face niggling doubts on if this was the best decision. Paying about 15k more says a lot about building customer "loyalty" by the sales staff during pre-buy interactions. At least by sharing all plus and minus we build the community and help members take informed decision. I hope some one at Ford is reading this and takes corrective actions. Else despite excellent product line they will never reach the numbers to become a success in long run.
Old 7th August 2010, 12:14   #47
BHPian

So sad an experience at Harpreet Ford. I know, when I was getting my car delivered, I specifically mailed them two days in advance of my car coming from transit to park it at a spot which is free from commotion because I know about their lack of parking space. The day I went there, I PDIed my car and was happy to see zero scratches/dents and it was surprisingly parked completely away with no car in the vicinity, no pathway nothing. I also mailed them not to stick any sticker other than the one on the number plate and they obliged. Till now, it has been all positive.

But, yes, there is a little bit of a problem- they are not "in-sync" with each other. As in, the Sales Consultant had no idea about whether or not I could get the Underbody Coating done on Sunday (My Car-Delivery Day). Plus, he was adamant enough to not deliver my car on the day we went their with all documents for a PDI and final payment. I was much clever and got hold of their mechanics as well as other Sales Consultants and Managers and asked them if there was any truth in this statement and got all my job done and took delivery of my car happily with everything in place.

Scrutinize everything, everybody whenever your money is at stake and see yourself smiling for your smartness. That is the way to tackle such problems.

I have already made my mind to take my car for first service to Gurgaon and spend a saturday there to get everything checked and done to my satisfaction IN FRONT OF ME.

One good service that is done to your satisfaction would not make you sad, obviously, but one bad service would make you drag to the service center every week. Just like the way it is happening with you.

Best of luck, Sir!

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 7th August 2010 at 12:20.
Old 7th August 2010, 13:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Irresponsible behaviour from a employee or mechanic at a Ford Service centre should be notified to Ford (by email) with all the problems faced by the customer and damages made to the car. Ford definitely listen to customers complaint and response to it.
Buying a car worth about Rs. 8 lakhs is not to dance to the tune of service centre
people??
Old 7th August 2010, 14:48   #49
BHPian

Very nice choice of car; i would have preferred blue though; Happy motoring

and Very nice write up too
Old 9th August 2010, 15:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hope these "Fordicators" get their act together. Its sad really to see wonderful products not getting backed up adequately by the A$$ (I should know, I own a Fiat Linea).

Edit - rated 5 *

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 9th August 2010 at 15:11.
Old 24th August 2010, 11:11   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

great great GREAT ride, and an awesome write-up!!
slightly late in the day,cos i'm sure you've realized how good it feels on the road!!!
happy mile munching!!
Old 9th May 2011, 21:07   #52
BHPian

Re: I dreamt a Polo, Paid for Figo and got a Fiesta (edit: now driven for an year)

I am starting off from where I had left this thread. That is, my experience with first service onwards.

I was getting used to the car and she was getting used to me as well. The result was convincing. I am starting to get an fe of a notch below 12 with about 60% AC. And while I was beginning to fall more and more in love with this car, something terrible happened.

One morning at 5, the security guard rang our bell to tell us a tree fell on our car. I don’t have a covered parking sadly. My heart skipped a beat, or was it many. I rushed to my parking to find out that my car is not even visible inside that fallen tree. Let me show you some pics.

It was somewhere inside this.

I dreamt a Polo, Paid for Figo and got a Fiesta-image0302.jpg

Having done some cleaning, I got this view. It was sickening to see this.
I dreamt a Polo, Paid for Figo and got a Fiesta-image0303.jpg

However, the damage was not as bad as we thought would be. We decided to not do anything. More information is available at this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ll-my-car.html

The second service was now due and I was ready to go for it with some unavoidable nervousness. By this time Harpreet Ford Gurgaon has shifted to their new facility for service. Boy, they couldn’t have found a worse place. There wasn’t even a road to their service center. Pity the owners, they are required to drive in their newly bought cars over those moon size craters to get it serviced. Well done mate.. well done.

The facility in itself was looking half done. Instead of instilling confidence, it was making most of us nervous. Anyways, I left the car with them. Was given a 3 PM delivery time. For a change, the guy gave me his phone number. I called him up at 3:30 and he said the car is ready. I reached them at 4:30 only to find “just the washing is left sir”. Lol. Yeah sure no problem, take your time while I wait in your highly undone waiting lounge.

“just the washing” took an hour and I left them with just a minor damage to my car. Right rear mud flap loosely hung as they broke the clips holding it sometime in the process. Huge improvement from my previous experience. Harpreet Ford, good show, you are improving.

They hardly do anything in these services which can bring in a change in how the car behaves or your experience so nothing to talk about as such. The car was as good as it was earlier. The fe had now constantly settled to 11.5 to 11.8. I use only Power petrol. My Maruti and Ford put together do about a 1000 kilometers a month. So I reached 5000 kilometers after the second service.

Having driven it for 5000 kilometers, I am now starting to know what I like in the car and where I aspire for more.

First thing first, she is a silent performer. Suave and grounded. Nothing extraordinary and nothing boring either. She takes the corners very well. Pick up speed in the manner you want it to and roll along like a sailing boat when needed. My father in law is most impressed with it doesn’t even let you know that the engine is working when idling at a red light. No vibrations, no sound, nothing in the chamber.

Wish Ford could have done a little more to improve the interior space as well as the aesthetics. Not that the aesthetics are bad, am sure it could have packed a little more punch. Like the AC knob is primitive. They could have done better, at least in this segment. Even Manza offers better.

OEM stereo is good enough. Most of the people would not feel like doing anything with what is provided. Its crisp and sufficiently loud for “those moments”. The interface, though simplistic, does look good. Boot space is adequate. You don’t really need more than that in most occasions.

Of course I also noticed that infamous steering “click” sound which most other Fiesta owners did. But not that often and not that unsettling. So no complaints. But there is one sound which I don’t like at all. This comes from front suspension when I am taking even slightest of humps at average speed. Yes, I don’t like this sound at all. The explanation given to me is the hard suspension that Fiesta has. Am not convinced, but am living with it.

Haven’t done any accessorizing the car as such. Other than mandatory seat covers etc. which I talked about earlier. I will go for alloys a little later when I would want to see a change in my car. As of now, I am still not done gasping at it every time I see her.

1st of January, we went to Mathura. A large group in three cars. That is when I realized there could be chinks in the QA of Ford. My brother in law took his mp3 player which can be put in the 12V socket and then it transmit through FM. It just wouldn’t power on in my Fiesta. We tried everything, it didn’t work. I don’t smoke in my car so never tried this socket before. Cut to the third service which I got done this Friday, it came out that the Fuse wasn’t working. So, my Fiesta rolled out of the factory with a non-functional fuse.

Time moved on, so are the wheels of my car. I am leaving you with some pics before taking this story forward.

Getting her credentials.
I dreamt a Polo, Paid for Figo and got a Fiesta-image0066.jpg

1000 on the odo.
I dreamt a Polo, Paid for Figo and got a Fiesta-image0095.jpg

And now 2000.
I dreamt a Polo, Paid for Figo and got a Fiesta-image0155.jpg

Standing proud in front of my house@home town.
I dreamt a Polo, Paid for Figo and got a Fiesta-image0186.jpg

Kiddo and his best friend Ganesha, both are absolutely comfy at back seat. Though he is sad, going to let Ganesha go for full one year.
I dreamt a Polo, Paid for Figo and got a Fiesta-image0457.jpg

And then, he and his car are daring the Ravana clan. Right in their courtyard.
I dreamt a Polo, Paid for Figo and got a Fiesta-image0478.jpg
Old 9th May 2011, 23:28   #53
BHPian

Re: I dreamt a Polo, Paid for Figo and got a Fiesta

That was comprehensive. Nicely summed up.

For some strange reason, the FM transmitters never worked on my Fiesta nor on the Ikon I had earlier. Twice I tried - each time the fuse blew up. No problems using ipod/iphone/other mobile chargers though. Even Belkin 200W laptop chargers/portable 12V vaccum cleaners/motorized air pump/emergency lamps etc works just fine.
Old 10th May 2011, 09:57   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
That was comprehensive. Nicely summed up.

For some strange reason, the FM transmitters never worked on my Fiesta nor on the Ikon I had earlier. Twice I tried - each time the fuse blew up. No problems using ipod/iphone/other mobile chargers though. Even Belkin 200W laptop chargers/portable 12V vaccum cleaners/motorized air pump/emergency lamps etc works just fine.
No Sanjay, it wasnt the issue with MP3 player. Later I tried all sort of attachments. The issue was, that the fuse had gone kaput. I continued with it and got it checked only during the third service which happened last week. Got the fuse replaced and now everything is working, including the same mp3 player which first helped us know that this socket doesnt work at all.
Old 27th June 2011, 14:35   #55
BHPian

Hello,
It is indeed a wonderful thread to read and your description is flawless, why not pursue theaters
Being a prospective buyer of Fiesta, I wanted to know your ownership review now since you've drive the car for a long time. would really help me decide my new drive. I have finalized Fiesta Classic cLXI or i20 Asta petrol.
Was the 6.65L on road price ? how much was the ex-show room price of your variant Zxi ?

- Nishan
Old 4th July 2011, 13:38   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Hello,
It is indeed a wonderful thread to read and your description is flawless, why not pursue theaters
Being a prospective buyer of Fiesta, I wanted to know your ownership review now since you've drive the car for a long time. would really help me decide my new drive. I have finalized Fiesta Classic cLXI or i20 Asta petrol.
Was the 6.65L on road price ? how much was the ex-show room price of your variant Zxi ?

- Nishan
Thanks Nishan.. I will take that as compliment. lol

I am sure you would have got a fairly good idea of my experience with the car having gone thru this thread. To top it all, I can make a few more comments if that helps you.

No doubt its an awesome car. Last week I have driven it for almost 17 hours non-stop which included some very rough mountain terrain and I was ready to drive for another 4 hours at least. Could be my passion for driving, but car played an important role too.

With the launch of so many cars in this segment, be sure you want it. Reason, after a while you will start missing some of the newer features like climate control. Door auto-lock, missing USB/Blue Tooth in sterio etc.

Done about 10K so far and there has been no mechanical and electrical/electronic issue so far (touch wood). It has gone for routine services only.

Having used only premium petrol for first 12 months, I have shifted to normal petrol now. Havent noticed any performance drop, surprisingly even the FE hasnt gone down as such which I thought it would. I get upward of 11 with about 80% AC on.

Ofcourse Ford dealership experience is a widely talked about issue. I wouldn't say am impressed, but guess they are getting better. Only slightly. After the third service I talked about unsatisfactory cleaning and they instantly booked my car for a free wash. Though I preferred getting this done in a service station near by who does a better job.

Expect a slightly harder suspension.If you dont like any sound at all, Fiesta, with a thud and a known steering noise issue would disappoint you. Make no mistake, thats about only two issues other than that no rattling etc.

I am more of a sedate driver who hardly touched 3K rpm, and this car behaves very well both in bumper to bumper traffic as well as while cruising on the highways.

If cabin space is a parameter, its a lil compromised in Fiesta. However, if you are looking at i20 as the alternative its sufficient. Besides, it gives you more boot space.

I could think of only this, if you need more information please feel free to write to me.

Cheers

Sorry missed the cost part. Ex-Showroom was some 6.27. I got the final price as 6.65 after all discounts. This price included, registration, insurance (that was free), gear lock, teflon coating and under body coating and floor mats.

Last edited by New.Novice : 4th July 2011 at 13:43.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:38   #57
BHPian

Hi New Novice:

Hope you enjoying many more miles on the Classic Fiesta.

I too dreamt of a Polo and after TDing the Classic Fiesta, am kinda leaning towards that. Right now they do not seem to have the Zxi model. Does this come with ABS and Airbags? I am considering the Sxi but still undecided if I should go for the Polo 1.6 or TD the Jazz as well.

One big concern for me came up after reading ur dealership experience with Harpreet Ford as they are the only ones in GGN. You mention that their service center was not completed and the approach road was bad.. Am hoping they have improved now.. Could you share your more recent experiences with their service?

Thank you

Nimz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks