Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 17:35   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Congrats on the purchase, surely you will relish the ride and the comfort the car gives.
As for the dealer using a thinner- he must be out of his mind to do that. However they surely do NOT use honda approved stuff only.My car was being wiped with that crappy 10 R cloth, which i hardly think is Honda approved!!!
For surface treatment, get proper 3M done, and inspect as they may just put polish which will cover those marks and not clear them.
I am getting a FE of about 13 with 100% in city run.
Thanks man. Yes the average is 13 for me also. Many are getting only around 13. So i think this is what to be expected under normal conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the City. The white looks great. Do get a good set of alloys and enhance the looks.

Enjoy many more miles with the City
Thanks Man. Alloys, thought of doing it the first day. But when asked the dealer he told that its your decision to change or not but their decision will be a void extended warranty if an after market alloy on the vehicle.
So thought of going for alloy after some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Hi xenxer, congrats on the new car! I am also a proud owner of a Tafeta White ANHC V MT. Booked the car in January and was delivered on February 23rd 2010 from Peninsular Honda Trivandrum.

I went through your pictures and it seems we have been served by the same salesman! (Ajith?)
I also got a call from the showroom requesting full payment when the car was dispatched from the plant. Apparently its Honda's policy that the customer makes full payment while the car is in transit, or the car will be alloted to other waiting customers who have made full payment, if any.

And regarding FE, I am also getting similar FE figures like yourself. I haven't really done any calculations with full tank and all, but my average FE indicator always displays 12.9-13.1 kmpl.
What is the figure displayed on your average FE indicator?

Also I noticed that almost all ANHC S MTs come with Michelin tyres and all the V MTs come with MRF ZVTS Tyres.
Yes its Ajith.

The FE seems to be same. So confirmed in trivandrum traffic i am getting the receivable mileage.

Regarding the tyres, the lot in which my car came was all with SMTs and only mine was having the Michelin tyres. Also i have seen two VMTs with Michelin tyres in their yard

Last edited by xenxer : 9th August 2010 at 17:36.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:05   #32
BHPian

Many congratulations on your purchase, xenxer. Do keep posting the updates.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxer View Post
The FE seems to be same. So confirmed in trivandrum traffic i am getting the receivable mileage.

Hmm I think this is more or less the best we can achieve in Trivandrum traffic. The figure doesn't change much even while on the 'highway' (NH-47).
Old 9th August 2010, 19:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Hmm I think this is more or less the best we can achieve in Trivandrum traffic. The figure doesn't change much even while on the 'highway' (NH-47).
I had a drive from trivandrum to kottayam. Since we had a stop at kayamkulam and then proceed to kottayam we took the NH47. We started from trivandrum at 11 am and since the vehicle was in run-in period the drive was very calculated. No sudden acceleration no fast overtaking likewise. But any way the road was pathetic and also traffic was bit on the higher side. Finally reached kottayam and to my suprise the kmpl reading showed 9.5kmpl. Hoo i was shocked. Remember it was in NH and that too smooth driving.Ofcourse heavy traffic

The return was through MC road and at about 9 pm we started back. No traffic at all in the MC road. The road was far far better than NH. I was checking the real time mileage meter and it was all time around 18kmpl. So when reached trivandrum the avg mileage meter showed a mileage of 13.7kmpl. (the mileage avg shown is from TVM to KTYM and back from KTYM to TVM)
So i assume that my return trip had an average of 17kmpl. Due to this only it increased from 9.5 to 13.7

So if a good stretch in highway then i am sure the city can give a mileage of around 17

Last edited by xenxer : 9th August 2010 at 19:01.
Old 9th August 2010, 21:38   #35
BHPian

Its a very efficient car, but unfortunately our roads in Kerala are not giving it a chance to show its true potential.
My family home is in Kollam, so I'm a regular user of the NH-47, but it is so congested and filled with potholes these days that sometimes I feel like just parking the car and walking!

And if your considering alloys for the car and your afraid that the warranty may be voided, I suggest you go for the original Honda alloys. They are a bit pricey (I heard around 50k for a set), but they look absolutely gorgeous.

Have a look at this thread with some pics of a white ANHC with the alloys I'm talking about:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...heels-210.html
Old 9th August 2010, 23:09   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
FE completely depends on driving style.
For details search StarVB's thread.

Enjouy your car and drive safe.
Here is the thread in which StarVB has beautifully compiled different aspects of ANHC driving recommendations

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1400115

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks