BHPian

Re: like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
That is same as normal -
press the next folder switch on the HU
or presss and hold the 'ch' button on the steering control
Thanks.

While burning my cd's, I'd put all the files in one directory - so never knew about this "press and hold" function of that button.
Old 22nd July 2011, 18:26   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the update and the heads-up, Adi!

Very glad to hear that you got the USB to work. The procedure is rather simple (great to know!) and it works fine as well!

I will come calling if the facelift Select model I intend to buy doesn't have USB as OEM. Be ready to guide me through this, step by step.

One query - the xcarlink page you had given (which I have saved as a bookmark for awhile now) also mentions of a Bluetooth module as an optional accessory. Any info on it's availability and compatibility?
Old 23rd July 2011, 00:58   #348
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raven, you are welcome.
I am sure that the facelifted Jazz Select will come with the USB. But in case if it does not, this is a very good option.
I have got this stuff from a guy in Delhi and I asked about the Bluetooth adapter as well. He said that it is currently out of stock and he will let me know as soon as he gets it. And the best thing is it costs only 1000 bucks.
I will follow up with him once more.

Quick update - last tankful gave me 15.7 kmpl, the on board Avg FE was shown as 16.5 kmpl. My FE has stabilized aroung 15-16 kmpl with moderate driving style. Can't ask for any more really but the petrol price hurts.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 12:28   #349
BHPian

Adi: Can you connect an ipod to the usb port and still use the steering controls to navigate?
Old 25th July 2011, 20:58   #350
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, I do not have an ipod.
But will try to test it out. I think it should be possible.
At least, that's what they claim.
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 09:46   #351

@adimicra hi ,have just brought home a black jazz select.Would require some help from

you regarding some queries in my mind. 1)which sun film would you recommend for the carwindows as well as the windscreen. 2) Have received the car with MRF ZVTS tyres ,could not get the michelins so highly recommended on the forum .what are your thoughts on them (should i change them or use them for a year or so ).

3)Have you done the floor lamination on your jazz ? Is it really of any use in the long

term in practical day to day use. Any other suggestions to improve the day to day functoning of the car would be appreciated .
Old 9th August 2011, 23:41   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomoco View Post
@adimicra hi ,have just brought home a black jazz select.Would require some help from

you regarding some queries in my mind. 1)which sun film would you recommend for the carwindows as well as the windscreen. 2) Have received the car with MRF ZVTS tyres ,could not get the michelins so highly recommended on the forum .what are your thoughts on them (should i change them or use them for a year or so ).

3)Have you done the floor lamination on your jazz ? Is it really of any use in the long

term in practical day to day use. Any other suggestions to improve the day to day functoning of the car would be appreciated .
hey buddy, I am sorry for being late. I did not notice my thread at all. You could PM me in case u want an immediate reply.
1) I think you should change the MRF's - the sooner the better. New tires will get you around 3000 bucks, so you can get the change done in 6000-7000 Rs approx. (assuming the Michelins cost around 4500-4800).

2) Sun films are a must for Jazz given the huge glass area. For Windshield, I am using 3M CR70 and I would happily recommend it.
For sides and back, you can go for 3M CS series (non-reflective) or RE series (reflective) . I am not sure how the reflective films will look on a black car. Check yourself and see. The RE series has better heat rejection.So, if you are happy with the look, go with the RE series.
Also, the legal limits are 50% VLT for sides and back, 70% for front. My sides and back are 35% VLT. But the cops in hyderabad do not check, so it's fine. You should figure out about the cops in your region and choose accordingly.

3) No idea..what exactly is this?
Old 10th August 2011, 12:51   #353
BHPian

Quote:
May be he is talking about under body coating.
Old 10th August 2011, 13:22   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3)Have you done the floor lamination on your jazz ? Is it really of any use in the long term in practical day to day use. Any other suggestions to improve the day to day functoning of the car would be appreciated .
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
May be he is talking about under body coating.
If I am correct, locomoco is talking about the internal floor cover/ mat which is completely fixed in place similar to a lamination of a card. My preowned Jazz comes with something similar, which I was initially not so happy with but in terms of practicality it seems to be better than mats.
If it is not what I think it is, I would like to know what it is!

You may also want to consider 3D Kagu mats before finalising based on your requirements.

edit: I will try to put some pics as soon as I find my camera
Old 10th August 2011, 14:05   #355

@selfdrive . i am talking about the lamination of the floor over the carpet which is being

done frequently in goa ( basically because of the amount of rainfall we have here ).please do post me pictures of the flooring in your car as well as your practical experience in using it. I am in a conundrum regarding the asthetic look of the carpet
visavis the utility of the carpet. thanks in advance
Old 12th August 2011, 06:38   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@selfdrive . i am talking about the lamination of the floor over the carpet which is being

done frequently in goa ( basically because of the amount of rainfall we have here ).please do post me pictures of the flooring in your car as well as your practical experience in using it. I am in a conundrum regarding the asthetic look of the carpet
visavis the utility of the carpet.

aah, then the one in my car is something different. its not really a mlamination, but end to end fixed carpet. I am ok with it as it does not move and there are very little gaps. I guess the one you mentioned would be a plastic sheet type?
i will try to get a pic.
Old 18th August 2011, 21:44   #357
Senior - BHPian

Guyz,
I have completed 1 year and 11500 kms...and it has been an absolutely wonderful experience - Not even a single issue or niggle, the performance is superb, excellent mileage. All was good till the news broke out this afternoon.

Imagine a facelifted car with marginally better features at 2 lakhs less.
I know Fabia did a huge price reduction but they cut down on the features drastically.

Obviously, I am disappointed..and it hurts real bad. But, life goes on.

On her first birthday, I had plans of pampering her with a detailing package and an ICE upgrade. But, all those plans have been shelved as of now. I don't want to spend anything more than what is the minimum required on this car and make a bigger fool of myself.

The fact is - whenever I will a new Jazz on the road (which I am sure there will be a lot many), I will feel that I am the biggest fool on this earth. And everytime I update the ownership thread, I will feel like I am announcing to the whole world that I am the biggest fool on earth

In future, I am gonna think twice or thrice before putting my money on a Honda car even if they appear VFM.

To all prospective owners, I will say one thing - Jazz is by far the best petrol hatch in the market today and with this killer pricing, it is absolutely VFM. Buy with your eyes closed, you will not be disappointed.

I am sure Hyundai, Maruti and VW will start giving discounts soon.
All in all, it is an excellent situation for a prospective car owner.

Enjoy your rides and drive safe!

Cheers
Aadi
Old 18th August 2011, 22:09   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guyz,
I have completed 1 year and 11500 kms...and it has been an absolutely wonderful experience - Not even a single issue or niggle, the performance is superb, excellent mileage. All was good till the news broke out this afternoon.

Cheers
Aadi

Easy on it adimicra - just don't forget you had the novelty factor on your side when Jazz was still a rarity on Indian streets.

I had almost the same type of feeling when the facelifted i10 came out with a host of new features, but calmed down after seeing that they had also increased the price.

But for Jazz, its a double shock for the existing owners - new features + lower price!

P.S: This should bring down Hyundai to realistic grounds and they should correct the prices of i10/i20 to saner levels.

Last edited by blackasta : 18th August 2011 at 22:10.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:50   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra
Guyz,

Imagine a facelifted car with marginally better features at 2 lakhs less.
I know Fabia did a huge price reduction but they cut down on the features drastically.

Obviously, I am disappointed..and it hurts real bad. But, life goes on.

On her first birthday, I had plans of pampering her with a detailing package and an ICE upgrade. But, all those plans have been shelved as of now. I don't want to spend anything more than what is the minimum required on this car

The fact is - whenever I will a new Jazz on the road (which I am sure there will be a lot many), I will feel that I am the biggest fool on this earth.

In future, I am gonna think twice or thrice before putting my money on a Honda car even if they appear VFM.

To all prospective owners, I will say one thing - Jazz is by far the best petrol hatch in the market today and with this killer pricing, it is absolutely VFM. Buy with your eyes closed, you will not be disappointed.

Cheers
Aadi
I can understand your sentiment of the moment, and hope you will be back to normal, loving your car in a few days. But surely Honda had to do something, with sales down at less than 200 per month (viz C class territory). You took a call that you liked the Jazz at the old price - nothing wrong with that, you could not have had this car at a lower price then, and it was better than all other cars available then (that's why you bought it, right). No one can predict the future - your car will serve you well for another 5-6 years or more, take care of it and cheer up.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:53   #360
Team-BHP Support

Thread Closed.

adimicra: If you change your mind and want to continue your excellent ownership thread. Please report this post to reopen this thread.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks