Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 12:15   #31
BHPian

Hi Admicra,

Congrats... Great choice... Jazz is an excellent Car. I personally feel that Jazz in the best looking hatch... even better than my Fiat GP and Polo.. It looks more like a stylish MPV than a hatch.
Old 9th August 2010, 13:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Initial impressions - All smiles

Having driven the car for about 150 kms, it's time to write down the initial impressions of my Jazz. To put it a single line, this has been a very rewarding experience to say the least. I am all smiles
  • Looks - This being a very subjective topic, will try to keep it short. My wife and me absolutely love the way the car looks, it is the best looking hatch according to us - it looks more like a MPV than a hatchback, very modern and very futuristic and easily stands out in a sea of cars with its amazing street presence. I love the numerous stares I m getting when I step out with my white beauty.
  • Visibility - This is the first thing which you will notice once you step in the car. The visibility on all sides is simply amazing and I have never seen anything like this in a car of this size.
  • Interior space - This is the next thing you will notice - how spacious the car is. The legroom and headroom offered is simply amazing and the car is wide enough for seating 3 people in the back. ( The width of the Jazz is same as the City)
  • Interior quality - Now you have been already impressed with the superior visibility and space of the interiors, the quality of the interiors immediately makes you feel that you are seated in a premium car. Right from the amazing speedo console to the steering wheel, theawesome music system, the black-lead finish on the dash - everything is really really good and feels better than the more expensivce City.
  • Build quality - Build quality is superb and the paint finish and fittings is top notch.
  • Engine performance - Since I am in the run-in period, I can't comment much on the acceleration etc. But I can say that the refinement is amazing and the engine is super smooth.
  • Ride quality - This has been the big surprise to me. In the test drive, I felt the suspension is a bit stiff at low speeds and the low-speed ride is little bumpy though the high speed ride was fine. But to my surpise, the low speed ride in my car is very good ( may not be in the league of a Punto though )Now, I don't know the reason for this - may be the Michelin tyres or this being a brand new car. As the speed increases (>50 kmph), the ride quality improves even further.
  • Handling - Jazz is a good handler no doubt (again may not be in the league of Punto or Figo). I took quite a few bends at triple digit speeds without any issues (not much body roll). In the same place, I used to struggle to keep my Santro on track even at 80 kmph! You can easily feel that the chasis is easily capable of handling more power and tyres also did not loose grip ( may be due to the Michelins)
  • Ease of use - This is another area where Jazz scores very highly. The steering is very light at city speeds which makes mauevering and parking this car very easy. The clutch is light and progressive, the gear shift is short and slick. very very easy to drive.
  • Practicality - No car can come close to the Jazz in terms of practicality - there is lots of space everywhere to keep almost anything you want, 10 bottle holders with 2 near the AC vents, dual glove boxes, 2 mobile holders, small storage compartment in the boot and 2 hooks, storage compartment below the rear seat and many more!
  • Boot space - The boot is a huuuuge 384 litres, which is equivalent to many C-segment sedans. And how can I forget the magic seats - they split, fold absolutely flat and go up which means the luggage carrying capacity of the Jazz is almost similar to an MPV.
Some small things that impressed me -
  • The speedo console looks amazing with all sorts of indicators for - low temp, high temp, fuel, oil, ABS, power steering, seat belt airbags and everything. Gives me the feel of a cockpit.
  • The speedo console illumination/brightness can be adjusted.
  • The stock Music system is awesome.
  • The driver side power window switch is illuminated and have a one-touch up/down functionality with pinch-guard.
  • The music system,AC controls and headlight adjuster are all illuminated and looks very nice.
  • bottle holders near AC vents
  • Small storage compartment and 2 hooks in the boot.
  • Power window lock functionality - this button ensures nobody can open the power windows individually. This coupled with the child lock gives me total peace of mind about my child seating behind ( very important since she is showing new ways of making our lives measurable )
  • Boot can be opened from the remote.
  • The transmission hump in the middle of the rear seat floor is almost absent liberating more leg space and comfort for the rear passengers.
  • The cabin light is at the middle and sufficiently powerful. It stays on for about 30 secs after you lock the car and switches on the moment you unlock the car from the remote - nice touch!
  • Audible reminder for seatbelt and headlight on.
Now that I am all praises for this car, are there any negatives? Yes, of course! But I had to think little hard to find those - it is difficult to fault this car other than the high price. Here are a few -
  • No auto door-locking mechanism. This is present in the international version of the Jazz but skimped for India. Do not know why! Come on Honda, this is supposed to be a premium hatch, even my Santro has this feature! I am pretty sure that this can be activated though - will talk to the Honda guys and see! If any Jazz owner in this forum has found a solution for this, kindly let me know. I almost took this feature for granted but now it looks like many cars do not have it like the Polo/Micra etc. Can't believe so many reputed manufacturers showing similar stupidity.
  • No boot light - This is a shame as the boot is huge and definitely needs a light. Again an example of stupid cost cutting! Needless to mention that this is present in the international model.
  • Some other good features has been omitted for India as evident from the manual. The most relevant ones which I feel are missing - Seat height adjustment, electrically folding mirrors, driver arm rest, reading/map lights in the front.
All in all, I am a very very happy and proud Jazz owner. The more I explore this car, the more I can appreciate Honda's engineering brilliance in building
this little wonder car called Jazz - I'm loving it!

Last edited by adimicra : 9th August 2010 at 13:33.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:59   #33
BHPian

Congrats! I did notice the new Jazz in the cellar (I live in the same place) and it looked really good. Since there aren't many Jazz owners, your thread does give a good amount of information, especially on the merits. Enjoy your new car!
Old 9th August 2010, 18:00   #34
BHPian

Congratulations, adimicra! Excellent writeup of your priorities, reviews and buying decision earlier and about your first few days with the Jazz now.

The Jazz makes quite a statement with its design and packaging. The size-to-space ratio was almost unbelievable, when I saw it in the flesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
Congrats! I did notice the new Jazz in the cellar (I live in the same place) and it looked really good.
Congrats to both of you... Neighbours meeting on team-bhp - now, that's really cool!
Old 9th August 2010, 18:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshaddagalla View Post
Congrats! I did notice the new Jazz in the cellar (I live in the same place) and it looked really good. Since there aren't many Jazz owners, your thread does give a good amount of information, especially on the merits. Enjoy your new car!
Hi Suresh,
great to know that you stay in the same place. Let's catch up some time in the near future. Sent you a PM
Old 9th August 2010, 18:14   #36
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
All in all, I am a very very happy and proud Jazz owner. The more I explore this car, the more I can appreciate Honda's engineering brilliance in building
this little wonder car called Jazz - I'm loving it!
Congratulations on your new possession. And thanks for a nice detailed review. I am into the fourteenth month and still love every minute that I spend in it - I am sure it would be the same for you as well.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:32   #37
Senior - BHPian

Small update on the FE.

The average FE calculator for the trip is showing 15 km/l with a mix of city and highway driving (AC always ON).

Looks like this car will give very good mileage..never a priority but always feels nice to save money
Old 9th August 2010, 19:00   #38
Team-BHP Support

How is the performance on the highways? Any comments you have to make?
Old 9th August 2010, 19:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How is the performance on the highways? Any comments you have to make?
I am yet to rev the engine hard as it is in the running-in period. The max I have hit is 120 kmph but the car was very stable at those speeds and even took a few bends at 100+ speeds - excellent handling ( the chassis exudes lot of poise and confidence) and the tires grip very good as well.

The steering weighs in sufficiently at high speeds - no probs on that front but the feel is not as good as the Fiesta/Punto.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:22   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am yet to rev the engine hard as it is in the running-in period. The max I have hit is 120 kmph but the car was very stable at those speeds and even took a few bends at 100+ speeds - excellent handling ( the chassis exudes lot of poise and confidence) and the tires grip very good as well.

The steering weighs in sufficiently at high speeds - no probs on that front but the feel is not as good as the Fiesta/Punto.
Thanks for that update. I am thinking between I20 CRDI and Jazz (though not in the near future.)
This is definitely plus for me, as I dont do more than 100. This then should then be ideal!
Old 9th August 2010, 19:29   #41
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi adimicra,

Congratulations for the new buy. The Jazz IMO is a perfect all rounder with a sense of space enough to leave most sedans in covers. It may be priced a bit higher and it may not be for the masses, but then that makes it more exclusive. Congrats once again. Wish you many many happy miles with the tafeta white Jazz.

Regards,
Arry
Old 9th August 2010, 19:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for that update. I am thinking between I20 CRDI and Jazz (though not in the near future.)
This is definitely plus for me, as I dont do more than 100. This then should then be ideal!
Let me tell you this. Compared to the I20 steering, the Jazz almost feels like heaven! This is one of the main reasons of rejecting I20 - though I have driven the petrol only. Ride quality is very uneven and extra soft in the I20 and the damping feels uneven (no offense to any I20 owners, I would have said the same if you had asked me any time after my I20 TD and I had 2 long TDs of the I20). The jazz may not be a Punto in the ride and handling department but it handles very well and the ride quality is also adequately good, though a tad on the firmer side but not uncomfortable at all. Make sure if and when you get the Jazz, insist on the 15" Michelin Energy tires, I guess those make a lot of difference!
Old 9th August 2010, 21:34   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Make sure if and when you get the Jazz, insist on the 15" Michelin Energy tires, I guess those make a lot of difference!

I did not know that you can have 15inch upgrade. Thats solves one more point for me. Now the only sore for me is the 1.2 engine.
Would have loved a bigger displacement, but I guess should be OK. How many times we tread the highway.
And for a person who does not go over 100, 1.2 should just do fine.

Who knows by the time it comes for me, there would be 1.5L version available, going by the way 1.6 hatches are coming in!

Last edited by ampere : 9th August 2010 at 21:36.
Old 9th August 2010, 22:09   #44
akp
BHPian

Quote:
I did not know that you can have 15inch upgrade.
It's not an upgrade - 15" is what Jazz comes with.
Old 10th August 2010, 07:46   #45
BANNED

Try this method and see whether its worked or not. This for for A/T so instead of P use N (Neutral)
Attached Thumbnails
like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-door_locks_job_aid_p02.jpg  

like.no.other - My tafeta white Honda Jazz-door_locks_job_aid_p03.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks