Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2010, 12:35   #91
BHPian

AdiMicra...Congrats and welcome to the "Club of Honda Owners" (nothing official) but a bunch of people who bought an expensive car from Honda (be it Jazz , City or Civic) and are happy that they are getting good returns on the hard-earned money they spent on Honda inspite of "cheaper" options being available.
I was amazed to see the detail in which you have listed out all the small things in the Jazz. Wishing you many many memorable miles in your Jazz.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:00   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh.janghel View Post
Thanks Adimicra for this excellent thread.
I am planning to buy a SPACIOUS hatchback and I think Jazz suits my requirements. With all the details which you have put in the thread, now I am sure, ITS JAZZ.
Btw - I am getting a cash discount of around 66K + Select Kit in Bangalore. I will try to bargain for some more (inspired by you ).
I am kind of no brainer when it comes to Cars Performance, engine etc. End of Day, I drove it and I loved it.
Will book it in 2/3 Days.
Any suggestions, advises?
Hey Yogesh, thanks a lot mate! Good to see quite a few T-BHPians actively considering the Jazz (of course after discounts).
Try to bargain for the Active kit at a discount. The Jazz + Select Kit + active kit is really FULLY LOADED with ALLOYS,FOG LAMPS,SPOILER,SPORTS PEDALS and ILLUMINATED SCUFF PLATES - total drool stuff!
I can assure you about the car's performance - adequate low end response coupled with fantastic top end ( hitting 175 kmph on the speedo is pretty easy) coupled with excellent handling!
Space/practicality/Visibility and quality of the Jazz is something which is not matched by any car in this segment and even many of the sedans!
Check the Car's VIN number to make sure the date of manufacturing and also do a detailed PDI. The 9th and 10th digits of the VIN indicates the month and year of manufacturing - if its AA,then its jan 2010, if its BA then its Feb 2010 and so on!
And please insist on the Michelin tyres - I think they make a world of difference to the ride and handling!

Quote:
AdiMicra...Congrats and welcome to the "Club of Honda Owners" (nothing official) but a bunch of people who bought an expensive car from Honda (be it Jazz , City or Civic) and are happy that they are getting good returns on the hard-earned money they spent on Honda inspite of "cheaper" options being available.
I was amazed to see the detail in which you have listed out all the small things in the Jazz. Wishing you many many memorable miles in your Jazz.
Thanks mate! I do not think this is overpriced car - it is the mindset of Indians which tend to give more importance to price than quality and engineering! I do not take any names but some of the cars which I test drove are hot selling models but quality sucked big time and they lacked engineering finesse!
One thing which Honda should be give credit of is - Honda is the only company in India which do not sell cars without standard safety features like airbags, ABS + EBD + GCON (excluding the luxury brands).

Funny thing - I mentioned to one of my friends about the new car and he said ' why didn't you buy a Dezire or a Manza which is cheaper then jazz? After all, those are sedans!!
2nd comment - what features are there? I started by mentioning - dual airbags, ABS etc. He stopped me in the middle and said - those are useless features.. what about Bluetooth and steering audio controls?

The above 2 comments of my friend truly highlights the mindset of the average Indian buyer ( he is a prospective car buyer in the 5-6L range). My only hope is that the Indian car market will mature over time!

Then, I said to him - Let's discuss some other stuff and move on!
Old 17th August 2010, 17:07   #93
Senior - BHPian

adi...good to know we both live in the same community. I live in Lilac tower. Will catch up some time.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:28   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
adi...good to know we both live in the same community. I live in Lilac tower. Will catch up some time.
Sure man! Its really good to know that so many of the TBHPians in Hyderabad stay at the same place?
Please send me a PM with your contact details etc. We can have a small TBHP meet in our community
Old 17th August 2010, 19:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Sure man! Its really good to know that so many of the TBHPians in Hyderabad stay at the same place?
Please send me a PM with your contact details etc. We can have a small TBHP meet in our community
And we can call it the first TBHP gated community meet or apartment meet.
Old 17th August 2010, 19:22   #96

Quote:

Dear Adi

I need ur help for some personal work. I stay in Mumbai. I have sent u a PM.

Regards
Old 19th August 2010, 23:03   #97
Senior - BHPian

Having spent a couple of weeks with the car, let me try to put up a small update on the driving experience with the car.

Engine performance - The engine is unbelievably refined at idle and very smooth. I was little worried about the driveability but turned out to be a non-issue. Let me try to be a little objective
  • From 1000-2000 rpm, the response is average ( I do not like to drive in this range and neither it is advised for the mileage-conscious bunch)
  • From 2000-2700 rpm - the response is much better and pretty good
  • from 2700 rpm onwards - The car enters a different territory altogether ( almost like a turbo kick) and is ready to take off. It reaches 6000 rpm very very quickly, though I am upshifting before 2000 rpm most of the times! The engine turns from being absolutely silent to a nice throaty roar which is addictive and very pleasing when you are in the mood to rev hard!
So far, I have hit a top speed of 170 kph but I am sure the car will go to 185-190 kph ( speedo indicated).

- Getting an FE on around 13 with AC on in city driving - very impressive.

- Doors open almost 90 degrees wide. So getting in/out is very easy.
- Parking and maneuvering in traffic is very easy. The steering is very light at low speeds and becomes progressively heavy as the speed increases, though more feedback would have been better.

Only small negative is - the low speed ride quality though not uncomfortable is little firm and could have been a bit more softer but it improves a lot with speed.

The car with all kits is pretty fully loaded, do not know why people call it low on features. A few features I miss particularly since this is positioned as a very premium hatch are -
  • Auto climate control (surprisingly absent in international models too)
  • Electrically folding mirrors (present in international models)
  • Seat height adjust - though I do not miss this one, it should have been there in such a premium product.
  • Boot light and reading lights - Very very stupid cost cutting by Honda.
All in all, a very satisfied and proud owner of Jazz - this car amazes with its space,quality,practicality.power,handling and that intangible feeling of being in a world-class product. No surprise the Jazz(Fit) competes with the Fiesta/Verna(accent) etc in the US and also the Vento (soon to be launched in the US), though with the 1.5 engine of the city.

Many of my colleagues were surprised to hear that I have bought such an expensive hatchback but once they saw the car, they were literally shocked with the space/quality/features and started to appreciate the car!
Most comments were like - it is like a sedan in the shape of a hatchback.

Last edited by adimicra : 19th August 2010 at 23:11.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:31   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Many of my colleagues were surprised to hear that I have bought such an expensive hatchback but once they saw the car, they were literally shocked with the space/quality/features and started to appreciate the car!
Most comments were like - it is like a sedan in the shape of a hatchback.
Even i missed out buying Jazz because its expensive(as i thought) and have not even gone to Honda Showroom while considering to buy a Hatch. I could have easily managed 1.5 Lacs to 2 Lacs more while i bought my GP 1.4 for 6.36 Lacs. Now i am planning to buy Honda Jazz witin next 3 to 6 months. I am amazed after seeing its practicality. Great choice for a premium hatch....
Jazz is a good alternative for Sedan which provides good practicality. I am seeing more no of Jazz's in chennai now than before.
Old 20th August 2010, 10:43   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Even i missed out buying Jazz because its expensive(as i thought) and have not even gone to Honda Showroom while considering to buy a Hatch. I could have easily managed 1.5 Lacs to 2 Lacs more while i bought my GP 1.4 for 6.36 Lacs. Now i am planning to buy Honda Jazz witin next 3 to 6 months. I am amazed after seeing its practicality. Great choice for a premium hatch....
Jazz is a good alternative for Sedan which provides good practicality. I am seeing more no of Jazz's in chennai now than before.

Ashok,
what can I say? Yesterday, I was telling my friend/colleague the exact same thing whatever you wrote in your post. I had a budget of 7L max, but I was getting the jazz at 8L (1 L more than the budget) but I was getting everything I ever wanted in my new car. what to do?
I thought long and hard and I recollected all the decisions I have taken in my life and I realized that in almost all cases where I have compromised on my wishes just to save some money (which I could have afforded), I have always repented later. Now when I look back at some of those decisions taken in life, I really regret and feel stupid for not spending the extra buck at that time to get the thing I wanted.
Coming back to Jazz, I thought - can I stretch by a lakh or so? the answer was yes and that was it - decision taken and no compromises. I didn't want to feel bad when I see a Jazz pass by! I want to thank Chetan (our Polo TDI guy) for his advice which I still remember - 'Do not make a decision to buy a car just because it is 50K-1L cheaper when you can afford the extra money'!
We often run after value for money but some things like cars are more things of passion/desire than any real need and in such cases, you should stretch (if possible) to get your desired thing.
Yours is the 3rd post I am reading about the Jazz in the last few days and the feelings expressed are almost the same! How strange?
By the way, there are good discounts on offer and the Jazz is available in Chennai with alloys and some other goodies at 7.6L odd I guess.

Last edited by adimicra : 20th August 2010 at 10:47.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:08   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Ashok,
Yours is the 3rd post I am reading about the Jazz in the last few days and the feelings expressed are almost the same! How strange?
By the way, there are good discounts on offer and the Jazz is available in Chennai with alloys and some other goodies at 7.6L odd I guess.
Yes... iam really fed up with my existing Vehicle. Though it gives a good ride quality and Excellent highway manners. Daily driving in City is painful due to its pathetic gearshift quality and clutch. A.S.S is getting worse, though it was good in the initial stages.. Can u tell me how is the Honda's A.S.S. The ownership of Honda motorcycle which i am using for past 4 months seems to be better than my car . I am considering to get a new Car but has dielama whether to use my existing car for another 6months to 1 year or can i go for a new one ASAP. My car is only 1.2 Years old. I am thinking over it in a serious way but what ever it may be my new car will be Honda Jazz.

Last edited by ashok_lat : 20th August 2010 at 11:25.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:25   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok_lat View Post
Yes... iam really fed up with my existing Vehicle. Though it gives a good ride quality and Excellent highway manners. Daily driving in City is painful due to its pathetic gearshift quality and clutch. A.S.S is getting worse, though it was good in the initial stages.. Can u tell me how is the Honda's A.S.S. The ownership of Honda motorcycle which i am using for past 4 months seems to be better than my car . I am considering to get a new Car but has dielama whether to use my existing car for another or can i go for a new one ASAP. My car is only 1.2 Years old. I am thinking over it in a serious way but what ever it may be my new car will be Jazz only if i purchaced.
I have just become an onwer of the Jazz, so really can't comment much on A.S.S And also A.S.S depends a lot on the dealers in your city, so better get in touch with fello T-Bhpians owning any Honda vehicle in Chennai to get the real picture.
Whatever you said about the Punto is true as I realized it in my test drive. It has a lot of virtues but its not a good city car, the footwell is cramped, the gearshift is rubbery, huge turning radius ( in fact I couldn't make a U-turn during a test drive in the Punto where I never thought it will be a problem only to find it later than Punto's turning radius is more than most C-segment sedans), the steering is great at speeds but pretty heavy for city driving - all this make the car difficult to maneuver and park in a congested city!
Old 20th August 2010, 15:19   #102
BHPian

Hi Folks
After going again and again, through all Team BHP Threads on Jazz, doing TDs for most of the hatches, I finally booked Jazz Select ( with Active Kit).
cheers
Old 20th August 2010, 16:13   #103
Senior - BHPian

tire pressure for Jazz

Hi,
anyone knows what is the recommended tire pressure in Jazz? The manual says it is mentioned in the driver's door but I can't see any sticker.
Old 20th August 2010, 17:26   #104
BHPian

i have been maintaining 30psi all around on my jazz.
Old 20th August 2010, 20:01   #105
akp
BHPian

It's 32 for the front wheels and 30 for the rear wheels.

Quote:
Hi,
anyone knows what is the recommended tire pressure in Jazz? The manual says it is mentioned in the driver's door but I can't see any sticker.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed