Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 18:56   #16
BHPian

A wonderful luxury hatch mate. enjoy your ride. Btw, how are the vibrations, ride through the potholes and stability of car at high speeds.
Old 7th August 2010, 20:43   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post

Thanks ampere.

Just came back from the showroom.

There is no words to talk about Indian Ignorance.

Manufactured date is mentioned as 02/2010, instead of 06/2010. And car model is Magna instead of Sportz(O) in the RC book. Reason being, Sportz(O) is not listed in RTO database

Dealership is going to change it in the RC book by Tuesday.
By the way is the RC book, truly a "book" or a smart card? Many RTOs in Banglaore have shifted to Smartcards in the last year.
Old 7th August 2010, 22:46   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
A wonderful luxury hatch mate. enjoy your ride. Btw, how are the vibrations, ride through the potholes and stability of car at high speeds.
Thanks and keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
By the way is the RC book, truly a "book" or a smart card? Many RTOs in Banglaore have shifted to Smartcards in the last year.
ampere, it is the "book", and not the smart card. Any issue behind this.
Old 26th August 2010, 13:26   #19
BHPian

ODO Reading: 1310
dropped the car for first service today.

Overview: Car is getting smoother day by day.
I feel the clutch is too long and painfull in bumper to bumper trafic. I feel a bit design issue there. My foot slips to the front (even with shoes). Any one facing the same issue.
There is creek creek noise on the back bad roads running at 10-20 Kmph. have requested to check.

Being a follower of Wildon's thread, requested to enable auto lock on driving over 40 KmPH.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1589417

Checked on the Rheostat for Illumination control, Service center do not have the part. So requested them to order one and let me know once it is available.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1612685

There is big hesistation in doing the above 2 jobs by the Service center. Only after quoting that other service centers are doing, Express Hyundai is ready listen to. Still they have said that they will do the feasibility check on installing the above.

Planning for long travel soon. Will keep you all updated.

Last edited by classicselva : 26th August 2010 at 13:27.
Old 26th August 2010, 14:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hey Selva!! congrats on the car!! I am a big i20 fan(as you can see from my signature). Just wanted to know about the ex-showroom price difference between the Sportz and Sportz(O).
And does the Sportz(O) come with those keys or you got it as a an accessory?
Old 26th August 2010, 15:17   #21
BHPian

Selva, congrats on the car, mate. This was my car of choice too, but the TD vehicle was just so ill maintained, that I had to drop it finally!

This is easily the best driver friendly vehicle. Quite identify with what you say at 2000 rpm. Many more miles of happy driving to you
Old 26th August 2010, 15:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a fab car. And you named "him" Lucky? I am generally used to cars being referred as feminine

That customer delivery schedule is a surprise to me, I never saw one before, is it a norm that I missed or is it some value add from hyundai(/)dealership?
Old 26th August 2010, 17:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hey Selva!! congrats on the car!! I am a big i20 fan(as you can see from my signature). Just wanted to know about the ex-showroom price difference between the Sportz and Sportz(O).
And does the Sportz(O) come with those keys or you got it as a an accessory?
Thanks Pancham. Those key comes for Sportz, Sportz(O) and Asta. The price difference was 16K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
Selva, congrats on the car, mate. This was my car of choice too, but the TD vehicle was just so ill maintained, that I had to drop it finally!

This is easily the best driver friendly vehicle. Quite identify with what you say at 2000 rpm. Many more miles of happy driving to you
Thanks Driver2000, Sorry not clear on "Quite identify with what you say at 2000 rpm"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Congrats on a fab car. And you named "him" Lucky? I am generally used to cars being referred as feminine

That customer delivery schedule is a surprise to me, I never saw one before, is it a norm that I missed or is it some value add from hyundai(/)dealership?
Thanks anilisanil, Nowdays it is seen regular in Chennai showrooms. And this is my first NEW car as well.. do not know how it was back.
Old 26th August 2010, 17:06   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sagarpadaki,
To add on to the review.
I have already done couple of scratches under the front bumper.
Rubber is also missing, in the new models.

Same here too.My car too has a 5cm gash on the front bumper edge.I don't know why they have removed the rubber strip beneath the bumper in the BS4 models!
Old 26th August 2010, 21:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Same here too.My car too has a 5cm gash on the front bumper edge.I don't know why they have removed the rubber strip beneath the bumper in the BS4 models!
Do you know if we can fix now? Is it available in the market and the cost.

Last edited by classicselva : 26th August 2010 at 21:09.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:02   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you know if we can fix now? Is it available in the market and the cost.

Yea,only if you are willing to get a new bumper.The strip is still coming with the new bumpers.Don't know why Hyundai dint include it as a factory feature.
Old 28th August 2010, 17:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
@sagarpadki - Does the rubber strip impact the aerodynamics / wind noise etc of the car by any chance, maybe that is why it has been removed. Also - AFAIK the rubber strip is meant to be used as a marker while parking against a kerb, so that when you feel the rubber grazing the kerb, you stop the car right there.

Cheers !
Old 28th August 2010, 19:28   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_cruiser View Post
@sagarpadki - Does the rubber strip impact the aerodynamics / wind noise etc of the car by any chance, maybe that is why it has been removed. Also - AFAIK the rubber strip is meant to be used as a marker while parking against a kerb, so that when you feel the rubber grazing the kerb, you stop the car right there.

Cheers !

I dont know how much effect that 2 inch rubber strip would have on the aerodynamics.But the i20's exported have a flap infront of every wheel to reduce wind noise and drag factor.Dont know why they have removed those in Indian versions(The Indian version is always tamed down irrespective of any brand).

With regard to the parking,i don't think its meant for that.Because if the kerb is higher it would hit the bumper itself first.And also u wont feel the kerb on the rubber strip if you are moving at parking speed because its a flexible piece of rubber.
Old 28th August 2010, 21:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I dont know how much effect that 2 inch rubber strip would have on the aerodynamics.But the i20's exported have a flap infront of every wheel to reduce wind noise and drag factor.Dont know why they have removed those in Indian versions(The Indian version is always tamed down irrespective of any brand).

With regard to the parking,i don't think its meant for that.Because if the kerb is higher it would hit the bumper itself first.And also u wont feel the kerb on the rubber strip if you are moving at parking speed because its a flexible piece of rubber.
Always Indian version are sub leveled.. it is another story.

Got the first service done, enabled the autolock if the speed goes above 40
Ordered the Rheostat control, as they do not have the stock

Accessories added today:
Mobile Multi (7) charger - Rs 350
Door anti scratch - Rs 420
Will post the pics of the same soon.
Old 29th August 2010, 11:35   #30
BHPian

Door anti-scratch - umm is it the small rubber stub that prevents the door from hitting something like a wall ?.

@classicselva - Looking forward to the pics too !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks