Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 14:09   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: i20 1.4 CRDi Sportz (O) - Initial Ownership Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
Checked with Service Center.
Answer: The whole key needs replacement.. which will cost 7K. And 7K for this is too much of an ask from Hyundai.

Any pointer on where we can get these after market flip will be of help.
7K for a key? . I think I have to treat my key with more respect!!! My preciousssss
Old 26th September 2014, 23:21   #122
BHPian

Try eBay.in, they have plenty of options, if only the keypad or key casing needs to be fixed, it is barely a 10 min DIY job.
Old 21st October 2014, 13:04   #123
BHPian

Hyundai ASS does not fix the OE audio system internal problems (i20 Sportz 2010)

For no reason, the Audio system in my i20 cRDI 2010 Sportz stopped working on Saturday (18th Oct).
Problem: “Nothing happens when I press the switch ON/Off button or any other buttons”

I thought there should be some issue with the electric connection or fuse and can be fixed easily.
Visited the Hyundai ASS on Monday and asked for it to be checked.

The electrician checked for the basic conductivity and fuse. Found, it is all intact.
Removed the audio set and found that power is available till the audio system and diagnosed that there is some issue with the audio system internally.

So I enquired how long will it take to fix it. Response took shock.

“Hyundai ASS does not fix the OE audio system internal problems, and do only replace”. Which will cost 15,000 + Tax
And advised me to take it to the nearby car audio service center.

Can the Hyundai ASS escape like this and do only the replace job, rather than fixing?
It is OE audio set and had not taken my car other than the Hyundai ASS for the last 4+ years.

Team, Please advise on how to take this up.
Old 21st October 2014, 13:30   #124
BHPian

Re: Hyundai ASS does not fix the OE audio system internal problems (i20 Sportz 2010)

I experienced a similar issue last year. My Ritz zxi OE stereo is Nippon made and it developed some problem (interference) in the FM receiver module. I took it to Pratham Motors only to be told that OE stereo has to be taken to manufacturer. A kind Team BHPian guided me to Nippon service center in Koramangla, Blr. They were able to solve the issue easily. So yes, this practice is prevalent in our auto-mobile industry.
ankan.m.blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 15:15   #125
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai ASS does not fix the OE audio system internal problems (i20 Sportz 2010)

Quote:
For no reason, the Audio system in my i20 cRDI 2010 Sportz stopped working on Saturday...Please advise on how to take this up.
This is prevalent in the ASCs.

Take it to some local car electronic repair shop and guess they can easily rectify it. From the looks of it, seems some sort of fuse blow out/short circuit.

Else, a good excuse to upgrade the HU to an aftermarket Pioneer/Kenwood/Clarion/Sony and enjoy better sound in the i20

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 30th December 2016 at 04:30. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire large posts. It inconveniences our small screen and mobile users.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 15:36   #126
BHPian

In my case, just because they cannot identify the electrical wiring issue causing the RPM to fluctuate, they actually suggested an ECM replacement costing 35K!
Old 21st October 2014, 18:12   #127
Senior - BHPian

Re: i20 1.4 CRDi Sportz (O) - Initial Ownership Review

One of the member had reported an issue with the music system in my ownership thread sometime back. You can check with him about the resolution of the issue. Cross-posting from that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
I have a problem with my i20 music system. It suddenly stopped functioning. None of the buttons would work except that of AC's. No FM, no USB or CD. Took the car to Advaith Hyundai to get it checked. The service man said that there is no issue with connection or fuse and hence asked me to get the music system checked from a shop on Double Road. I am surprised that Hyundai service center was not able to identify and rectify the problem.
Old 12th November 2014, 15:13   #128
BHPian

Quote:
For no reason, the Audio system in my i20 cRDI 2010 Sportz stopped working on Saturday (18th Oct).
Problem: “Nothing happens when I press the switch ON/Off button or any other buttons”
Is your issue resolved? I had a similar problem. First took the audio system to a local repair guy who couldn't fix the problem. Then took it back to Hyundai service center. They were reluctant to repair the audio system because it was outside of warranty. Then had a long argument with them and finally convinced them to get it repaired. They sent the system to Chennai and after around 3 weeks or so got it back in working condition. They said some chip was not functioning and had to replace it. Paid around Rs. 3500.
praveenp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 15:22   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenp View Post
Is your issue resolved? I had a similar problem. First took the audio system to a local repair guy who couldn't fix the problem. Then took it back to Hyundai service center. They were reluctant to repair the audio system because it was outside of warranty. Then had a long argument with them and finally convinced them to get it repaired. They sent the system to Chennai and after around 3 weeks or so got it back in working condition. They said some chip was not functioning and had to replace it. Paid around Rs. 3500.
Had given the Head unit to the local repair guy and it is a week now. He is not able to find the exact problem. May be, I need to follow your steps. Thanks for sharing the detail. Will keep you informed.

Driving with out audio for a month now
Old 29th December 2016, 14:54   #130
BHPian

Re: i20 1.4 CRDi Sportz (O) - 77Km Expense Report

Please find below the summary of the cost/Km calculation.

I have been capturing all the cost incurred with the minute details in my own template and created this summary.

Hope this is helpful for potential buyers on what they can expect.
Happy new year

i20 1.4 CRDi Sportz (O) - Initial Ownership Review-77km-cost-analysis.jpg

Most Viewed