Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 12:03   #31
BHPian

I am gonna sue you for plagiarism.

Naah, just kidding. How god hatches same plot at different places and with different people. You may want to check out my write up on me buying a car here to know why.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ot-fiesta.html

And congratulations, I am sure you are enjoying the car. Do keep us informed on the ownership experience.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
just out of curiosity, the SXi and S costs the same. So why not the 'S' ?
Hey Butters, it was my first sedan so I wanted it to have all the luxuries - Leather seat covers, rear head rests etc. and this was readily available in the color I wanted so went for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
congrats carfanatic. Wow you got yourself one of the best drivers car below 10 lacs and the engine is just amazing and super refined. Have a nice time ripping it in the higher rpms. You wouldn't want to keep the engine below 3K rpm once the run-in is done. And the handling and steering is just precise.
What a twist in a tale of your buying experience, enjoyed reading it!
Thanks Ashish, I too am quite excited with the car and desperately waiting for first service, I like it so much that I just ask my wife to sit and we just go for drives every weekend . Only worry I have is FE, if it gives 11-11.5 I will be very very happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
I am gonna sue you for plagiarism.

Naah, just kidding. How god hatches same plot at different places and with different people. You may want to check out my write up on me buying a car here to know why.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ot-fiesta.html

And congratulations, I am sure you are enjoying the car. Do keep us informed on the ownership experience.
Hey New.Novice thankfully I didn't pay for Figo else you would have sued me . Thanks for your wishes, will read your post over the weekend. So how is your fiesta beast doing? I will keep updating the thread surely
Old 14th August 2010, 10:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congrats carfanatic on the purchase.

That was one twisting tale of purchase decision, but I guess you got what you wanted at the end.

Have many miles of happiness with the Fiesta!
Old 15th August 2010, 12:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats carfanatic on the purchase.

That was one twisting tale of purchase decision, but I guess you got what you wanted at the end.

Have many miles of happiness with the Fiesta!
Thanks MileCruncher !
Old 15th August 2010, 20:34   #35
BHPian

Congratulations Carfanatic! Those silver color grill looks gorgeous.
Your car buying incident is really a twisted tale but ultimately its good you went ahead with your wish.
Excellent comparison and description of all cars.

Wish you many many happy miles.
Old 15th August 2010, 21:30   #36
BHPian

Congrats carfanatic!

Though of course, you have an awesome car in your hands, this is a good story of how VW lost a customer due to their insane waiting periods :P
Old 16th August 2010, 20:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Congratulations Carfanatic! Those silver color grill looks gorgeous.
Your car buying incident is really a twisted tale but ultimately its good you went ahead with your wish.
Excellent comparison and description of all cars.

Wish you many many happy miles.
Thanks AvonA7, I too like the grill color, IMO it enhances the front look quite a bit, just itching for run-in kms to get over

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Congrats carfanatic!

Though of course, you have an awesome car in your hands, this is a good story of how VW lost a customer due to their insane waiting periods :P
Hey Quadmaniac, Yes I am enjoying the Biesta and yes I admit if the waiting period wasn't that long I might have been in a Polo now but I think I was destined to own a Fiesta. The drive is amazing, in nice Bangalore weather this Sunday when roads were clear it felt like the car was effortlessly cruising and so silent
Old 16th August 2010, 22:18   #38
Senior - BHPian

Are you still keeping the Matiz or sold it off.
Plwase post pictures of the Matiz also as you were keeping it for a decade.
Old 17th August 2010, 08:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Carfanatic man, your writeup was too awesome. Long back I had congratulated you on booking a Polo, now I will have to congratulate you on buying a Fiesta. Welcome to the Fiesta club. The red colour looks good on the beast, is it still the Paprika red?

What a dramatic twists and turns, the way the mind games play, a sureshot receipe for a mega hit movie.

All I would say, enjoy the feel, the drive, the brilliance and lots more in Fiesta. Believe me everytime I sit in my Fiesta, I take a few moments to adore it and later the engine responds back by its sheer power and handling for all the adulation and adoration it receives.

I am loving it. Go Fida.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:10   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Fiesta. Paprika red looks good.

Enjoy many more miles with the Fiesta.
Old 17th August 2010, 17:25   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Are you still keeping the Matiz or sold it off.
Plwase post pictures of the Matiz also as you were keeping it for a decade.
Hi Rajeev,

I will post pictures of the Matiz tonight but I am not keeping it with me and sent it to hometown as only I drive a car at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Carfanatic man, your writeup was too awesome. Long back I had congratulated you on booking a Polo, now I will have to congratulate you on buying a Fiesta. Welcome to the Fiesta club. The red colour looks good on the beast, is it still the Paprika red?

What a dramatic twists and turns, the way the mind games play, a sureshot receipe for a mega hit movie.

All I would say, enjoy the feel, the drive, the brilliance and lots more in Fiesta. Believe me everytime I sit in my Fiesta, I take a few moments to adore it and later the engine responds back by its sheer power and handling for all the adulation and adoration it receives.

I am loving it. Go Fida.

Thanks Ghodlur, hope your Fiesta is also treating you as well as you treat her . It is the Parika red and at a 1.25 lakh premium to Polo I am definitely not complaining. I too am trying to keep her in pristine condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Fiesta. Paprika red looks good.

Enjoy many more miles with the Fiesta.
nkrishnap, Thanks mate, I looked at the car in flesh with beige interiors and instantly decided it over Sea Grey
Old 17th August 2010, 21:30   #42
BHPian

Some more pics, one of my Matiz too (bit damaged from the side), also notice the deep glove box and nice alloys
Attached Thumbnails
A very twisted tale - Polo to Fiesta 1.6 SXi-img_3278.jpg  

A very twisted tale - Polo to Fiesta 1.6 SXi-picture-001.jpg  

A very twisted tale - Polo to Fiesta 1.6 SXi-img_3301.jpg  

A very twisted tale - Polo to Fiesta 1.6 SXi-img_3305.jpg  

Old 18th August 2010, 08:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

@Carfanatic,

Any chance of upsizing or tyre replacements on the cards. I swapped the stock tyres with the Michelin XM1+ from the dealer directly. The tyre grip is too good and have seen them in action during the present monsoons.
The stock tyres are not that great.

The Fiesta is worth paying a premium over the Polo, you will realize that you have actually made a good choice by opting for the Fiesta. Dont let the FE bother you too much, control the beast and you can control the FE.

By any chance have you used System G during the tank full, suggest you to use one on trial basis.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:09   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Carfanatic,

Any chance of upsizing or tyre replacements on the cards. I swapped the stock tyres with the Michelin XM1+ from the dealer directly. The tyre grip is too good and have seen them in action during the present monsoons.
The stock tyres are not that great.

The Fiesta is worth paying a premium over the Polo, you will realize that you have actually made a good choice by opting for the Fiesta. Dont let the FE bother you too much, control the beast and you can control the FE.

By any chance have you used System G during the tank full, suggest you to use one on trial basis.

Ghodlur,

No plans to change stocks yet as haven't felt the need so far and I am very happy for choosing Fiesta. I haven't used system G yet, plan to get it this weekend and use it. Tell me how are you maintaining the interiors, using jopatsu and alloys?
Old 18th August 2010, 15:38   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

@carfanatic

the car looks superb! Congratulations.
About keeping the car clean, go through the following thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...esthetics.html

Also, IIRC Jopatsu is used to wipe of the dust from the exteriors, so that you don't have to wash it everyday.

Edit:
Also, it is very important to run in your car. Many manufacturers may not mention it, but it is always beneficial to do so. However, 3000-5000kms is longer than usual. What does it say in the owners manual?

Last edited by lamborghini : 18th August 2010 at 15:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks