Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2010, 17:30   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
arunkk, welcome to the Grande Punto club. Never got to see a Fox trot azure yet in Bangalore roads. Hopefully we cross each other sometime. Drive safe and enjoy your beauty. You may feel the drive pretty sluggish initially when migrating other rev happy cars like the Zen and Santro. But you will see a definite improvement after about 3K kms on the odo. This has been observed by most of us driving the Punto. From there on there is no turning back. You will enjoy every bit of drive and would want to hit the highways very often.
Thanks gopi. Yeah there is sluggishness in the 1st & 2nd gears and hope to improve after sometime. But I can live with that in return of the exceptional ride quality Punto offers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Congrats, Arun, on your new acquisition. That colour looks very nice indeed. I had
decided on a punto few days back but later changed to palio for an interesting offer. During that time i got to see a FTA coloured Punto and became a fan. Great choice !!
Congrats SilkDrive for Palio. The Palio offer indeed was very tempting

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Welcome to the club Sir!!!!
Have a great time with your new ride.
Do a few highway jaunts to rediscover the meaning of "Great Ride and fabulous handling".

OT: Seems almost half of the guys on T-Bhp going for Punto are from Bangalore.
I have seen more Puntos in Bangalore than anywhere else. Bangalore is indeed the place for gorgeous cars & girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Congrats on the car. The FTA is such a subtle colour. My parents also have a FTA Punto, but the 1.4 E+. Have the prices for the premium colours increased? We bought ours at the end of June and paid 4k extra for the FTA.
Oh. Did you also get it from Bangalore? Both Concorde & Prerana motors told me the same price (6K extra) for premium colours and a 50K booking advance.
Old 9th August 2010, 17:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkk View Post
Oh. Did you also get it from Bangalore? Both Concorde & Prerana motors told me the same price (6K extra) for premium colours and a 50K booking advance.
We bought it from Mysore, but this premium should be standard across all dealerships. I guess prices must have increased. Send a mail to Fiat through their website for clarification. They are very prompt in replying.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:01   #18
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Hi arunkk! Congrats on your purchase!

The FIAT India website says that premium shades will attract an additional charge of Rs.4000/- for the Punto and Rs.5000/- for the Linea. I believe they would have increased the prices by now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
We bought it from Mysore, but this premium should be standard across all dealerships. I guess prices must have increased. Send a mail to Fiat through their website for clarification. They are very prompt in replying.
Yeah, do mail them and also indicate that the website too represents lower prices for the premium colors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2000 UNO 1.7 S – Sold @ 55,000kms || 2001 UNO 1.7 ELX / 1,73,000 kms || 2002 Palio 1.2 Sport – Sold @ 83,000kms || 2008 Palio 1.3 MJD x 2
Old 9th August 2010, 18:06   #19
BHPian

I have also enquired in Fiat website about this and awaiting reply.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:48   #20
BHPian

congratulations for your new ride.
Welcome to the Punto club...!
Old 9th August 2010, 19:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the FTA punto. Looks lovely.

Do post more pictures and enjoy many more miles with the beauty.
Old 9th August 2010, 19:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase.
I liked the color very much.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:28   #23
BHPian

@arunkk, Congrats for owning the beauty. Your Punto looks elegant and beautiful in FTA Color. Do keep us updated about the other aspects of the Car.

More Pictures please Exteriors + Interiors, we are waiting for them.

One thing i have noticed, most of the FIAT owners have either got infractions or they are banned, surprising. Is it only me or anyone else also has noticed it.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 9th August 2010 at 20:30.
Old 9th August 2010, 21:41   #24
Senior - BHPian

Arun, congratulations on your purchase. This is a very subtle colour and it looks good. It also gives you the option of fitting smoked or gunmetal alloys later on (a mid-life upgrade) that'll make the car.

I agree with you and your better-half's assessment of the interiors, if you've read some of my posts about the Punto, I echo the same sentiments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post

One thing i have noticed, most of the FIAT owners have either got infractions or they are banned, surprising. Is it only me or anyone else also has noticed it.
Do not worry about that, it's legitimate, and not something directed against Fiat owners. However, I can tell you why this happens more often with Fiat owners. It's simply because some members criticize Fiat without trying to be constructive about it, that irks the owners and the debate takes a personal turn. Any personal salvo is against the forum's spirit, and sometimes results in infractions.

Don't worry, Arun's slate will be wiped clean soon, fingers crossed .
Old 9th August 2010, 22:18   #25
BHPian

Congrats Arun on your new purchase...
The Punto looks fabulous in this colour.
Old 9th August 2010, 22:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick chop job with the alloys I was talking about. They are from the Brazilian Linea T-jet. Something similar as a mid-life alloy upgrade might be good. Anyway, that's a couple of years away.
Attached Thumbnails
My Grande Punto - In Fox Trot Azure ~~-alloys.jpg  

Old 9th August 2010, 22:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Just a quick chop job with the alloys I was talking about. They are from the Brazilian Linea T-jet. Something similar as a mid-life alloy upgrade might be good. Anyway, that's a couple of years away.
i wish i'd bought this color. amazing car, amazing writeup. loved it.
keep writing, keep driving and dont forget to wear a seat belt
Old 9th August 2010, 22:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Arun, great choice of car, nice sober color too!

Enjoy the Bold Italian drive!
Old 9th August 2010, 23:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! That's a nice looking car with a mild color. The alloy wheels in the second pic would look great indeed. Very nice!! Looking forward to reading your buying experience soon. What was the total on-road price inclusive of the premium color?
Old 9th August 2010, 23:43   #30
BHPian

Punto looks good in FTA. congrats man. Enjoy the ride. Post some pics of interiors also...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks