Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2013, 11:23   #61
BHPian

Re: Ritz VDi 8000kms Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It will buddy as the area of contact is higher so the force needed to turn would be higher than the stock setup.

Anurag.
I agree. Even with my 185 zlo's, I felt the change instantly. But I would call it a positive change based on my driving style - as the steering is now more firm and the road grip is much better. This is a boon on highways, especially during high speed cornering.

One negative aspect that the Maruti service center pointed out (for 15" rims + tyres) was that the wheel bearings wear out much faster. It is quite expensive to change per tyre, I have already worn mine out for the second time now at 43500 kms (first was at 17500 and replaced under warranty for free)
Old 5th July 2013, 14:24   #62
BHPian

Re: Ritz VDi 8000kms Report

Got a Teflon coating + machine polish done using an online deal which cost me Rs.1350. The quality was really bad, I think the usual 1900 bucks polish I get done at my regular A.S.S is much better.

Got my next service done (brake service + calipers, Oil filter + Oil).

After the service had a weird problem of parts failing one by one:
1. The wheel bearings went out first, but I thought I will check them later when I go next to service centre (caused a lot of noise but no damage)
2. The suspension started making noise
3. The AC just conked off one fine day.
Went to my regular garage, but was told few/all of these can be done via the extended warranty - for which I have to go back to any dealer A.S.S (not normal A.S.S --> guess its different type of authorized centers)

Went to the dealer, he started giving me a rough time (first trying to dig out problems in my service history, then asking me to get a print out of service history from my normal A.S.S, then trying to even dig problems within that). I am a patient man, but I lost it here. I took everyone from the service rep to his supervisor to his manager to task, asked him for all the written rules that they were throwing on my face. They finally backed down, but with a condition that it cant be done together (like insurance), had to be given separately for each incident. Anyways, I got all 3 fixed - AC works fine now but suspension (even after charging me suspension servicing charges) still has some noise and same with wheel bearings. I was fed up with giving back the car again and again, so just gave a stinker email and tele-feedback on the work done (was asked to take it back to the dealer workshop, but I just don't like that place[Spectra Motors] inspite of being just 1 km from my house - I prefer giving it at a better garage[Powai Auto Works] that is 30 kms away). I will get it done paid (as extended warranty is now over) from my regular place later.

Most Viewed