Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 22:14   #196

Re: VW Polo 1.2L (P) TL - 02 year, 2nd paid service Update

Quite normal. Here in Mumbai, we rarely have temperature differentials wide enough for this behaviour, but the recent cool weather has caused exactly this in my petrol Polo.

Tushar
tburman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 22:27   #197
Senior - BHPian

Looks normal to me. I have not observed this in my car. But I have noticed the RPM stabilizing at about 800 / 900..

If you are still keen - How long has it been since the engine oil was changed? Is engine oil level normal? Clean the air filter and get the oil / fuel filters checked if required...

No No. Forget all that and stop worrying..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2012, 11:44   #198
Senior - BHPian

Hi AvonA7!

Sorry to be bugging you again...

Get the emission check done and find out if NOx levels are high. If it is high get the EGR (Exhaust Gas Re-Circulation) valve checked...

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_5790592_...-symptoms.html

This exercise is just to take the bug out off our system. Please don't worry..

Last edited by Chethan B G : 30th November 2012 at 11:45.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 21:43   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburman View Post
Quite normal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Looks normal to me.
Thanks for your assuring words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburman View Post
Here in Mumbai, we rarely have temperature differentials wide enough for this behaviour, but the recent cool weather has caused exactly this in my petrol Polo. Tushar
This is exactly the SM said at the VW dealership. However, when I told him that in the last 2+years I never observed this, he agreed to get the car checked once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Hi AvonA7!

Sorry to be bugging you again...

Get the emission check done and find out if NOx levels are high. If it is high get the EGR (Exhaust Gas Re-Circulation) valve checked...

http://www.ehow.co.uk/about_5790592_...-symptoms.html

This exercise is just to take the bug out off our system. Please don't worry..
Thanks Chethan for taking time out to search and share the info.

Update on the dealer visit - Car checked. RPM is back to normal .i.e., 800-1000 within few seconds during cold start.

SA have no idea what was done, he was talking about some s/w update - 4818/57D7/97U2 etc which I informed him that these updates were installed during first service, ~01 yr ago.

So far so good, I guess too early to comment, may be few hundred KMs or after few weeks will be good to check and confirm.
Old 15th September 2016, 22:06   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
My car has some half a dozen chips on its paint surface, exposing the primer underneath, some as large as 2mmŲ.

I contacted our VW dealer service and some other service centres but they all suggested that the entire panel/area, be repainted again.

I chanced across some really good information on how to repair those paint chips using a DIY process. Although, exhaustive and time consuming, IMO, its well worth the effort.

I am trying to source the Flash Red, Water Based paint for our Polo. AvonA7, please share some information on where you are sourcing the Flash Red, Water Based, Polo paint from?

Thanks in advance, Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
They will suggest a complete repaint, that`s their job
I think the paint removed by stone chip etc are beyond our control and it`ll happen all the time. I have many of them and we cannot repaint the entire panel always.

Is this available locally within India ? Please share.

Same here, but still not able to find anything within India. However online it is easily avaialble (UK, US). I checked with few local garage, they don't have VW F Red and some of them said they`ll check if its available locally, the quantity/price etc. I need to check with them again. Some of them suggested for 1-2 mm paint surface I can use Maruti Red color also This suggestion is not actually bad, don't think that would make much of a difference for a tiny spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
VW flash red available here. Com paint have been around for quite some time
Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers
Worth a try for 400 bucks.It may not be water based so better to use only for minor touch ups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
Amazing find Poloman, Thanks a million.

I will order a sample tomorrow itself, hope it turns out to be the Original Flash Red, Water Based Polo Paint. Thanks again.
I'm curious to know if this has been independently confirmed that VW India uses water based or solvent based paint. I wanted to do some DIY repairs on my Vento and general opinion on this forum suggests water based. But this link indicates otherwise.

http://www.autocarpro.in/interview/-...tive-2012-5979

VW India director is quoted here.

Does the company use eco-friendly waterborne paints at the factory?
When Volkswagen plant operations had started, the infrastructure didn’t support water-based paints. Hence, we are using solvent-based paints and are evaluating the availability of waterborne paints in India in the future.

Last edited by BowMan : 15th September 2016 at 22:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks