Team-BHP - The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/87122-journey-my-new-anhc-csd-buying-guide.html)

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. I've been wanting to buy a new car for the last two years now, and I've been following these forums for equally as long. I've nearly completed the journey to the new car...and I thought I'd share my experiences (esp. with the CSD part) for the benefit of people who may be about to do the same thing.

Part 1: The Journey
For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to buy the SX4 ZxI. A purchase of a car is a decision that requires a lot of thought and consideration, and typically you buy the car that calls out your name (you know what I mean!). So anyhow, the SX4 ZXi was the car for me! That stance, those lovely 5-spoke alloys, the climate control etc etc. Then came the new model. For some reason, I hate those new alloys. (Alloys were high on my priority list). So I wavered, and to cut a long story short -- then came the ANHC (with the option of alloys, factory fitted)...and that was that.

So anyway, I always put off the decision thinking there was no way I could have afforded it based on my salary, but as luck would have it--a new job with a larger company now just about makes it possible! So a million and one test drives later (with the wife nagging -- didn't you JUST take a test drive a week ago? Sigh, they'll never understand!)...now is the time.

Part 2: Decisions and the CSD experience
Well, my father used to be in the Air Force -- I had never really considered using the CSD facility until a friend of mine convinced me to try it out. So after a bit of checking, I figured that there does exist a price differential, and it didn't seem that complicated. I'm going to list out the process here (I've done a few searches, and it has been discussed in the forums before -- but not extensively, and not recently).

Buying a car from the CSD:
- To be eligible for a CSD car, you need to be either serving/retired in the armed forces, or have a close family relative who is so.
- You need to get your hands on a 'CSD Indent for purchase' form (which should be available from the CSD) which will then be attested by the CSD in-charge or the Unit CO etc.
- You'll need the following documents related to the officer who is getting the CSD purchase (in this case for retired officers): Pension pay order, Ex-serviceman identity card, Pan card, IT returns, Pension account bank statement and any identity proof (passport / DL etc.)
- These docs will then be submitted to the canteen for verification. The entire amount needs to be paid to the canteen, who will then allocate a specified dealer affiliated with that canteen to deliver the car.
- Note that every canteen has a different price, and typically the cheapest canteens in the north are Jalandhar and Ludhiana.
- Typically, the process requires you to go and pick up your car from the dealer in the canteen location (Jalandhar/Ambala etc.). However, now-a-days most dealers have common tie ups...for instance Ring Road Honda has a sister agency (or so they say) in Jalandhar which is why they are giving me delivery in Gurgaon...instead of going to Jalandhar. (Even after I asked them around 20 times, they are confirming that the car will NOT (repeat...NOT!!) be driven down by somebody from Jalandhar, and I will be given a brand new car from Gurgaon. From the Gurgaon stock!! With 15-20km on the Odo).

If you're taking a loan, then the usual process applies, except that the DD is drawn in favour of the canteen and not the dealer.

CSD Recommendation: After checking with the unit canteen (at Racecourse, Delhi) I went to this agency called NOIDA AUTO. So far, they've seemed to be very professional and I would recommend using them.

So what's the difference?

Here's the price difference:
From Civil: Honda VMT: 9.05 (ex-showroom)
From Canteen: Honda VMT: 8.23 (ex-showroom).

I'm showing the difference ex-showroom because the rest of the charges are the same (registration, insurance etc.). So technically, there's an approx 70k discount.

Note again: Honda is notorious for not giving discounts. I'm trying to get the corporate discount on top of the canteen prices--but that's WIP. The usual discounts that Maruti etc. provides are still applicable on top of the canteen prices.

Part 3: So where we are today
As we stand today, I've completed the canteen paperwork.
Time for loan to get sanctioned: 4-5 days
Time for canteen paperwork to go through: 3-4 days

So by the looks of things I should have the new car by next week! :)

Any advice by T-BHP regulars on things I should look out for, or anything that I could do better will be much appreciated. There is still time for tweaks to the entire process, so please do suggest!

Some questions:
- Anybody else who's gone through the CSD experience--any tips?
- I gather that the Honda headlamps (from forum posts) are inadequate. Shall I get them upgraded?
- I also gather that Teflon is worthless. (I agree). However, I'm hell bent on getting the Black VMT. Is there anything I can do to keep her safe?
- Sun film: By the end of all this, I'm kinda broke. Any suggestions on which brands, or places in Delhi who do a good job?
- Any other accessories that I should push for?

Oh, and a last note for Part 4!
Part 4: The NCR Registration Conundrum
Ok, this is ridiculous.

Cost of registration in Delhi: Rs 74,000
Cost of registration in neighboring gurgaon: Rs 21,000

Ok, this is RIDICULOUS! For the bloody common games, Ma'am Sheila Dixit has raised registration charges to insane levels. I'm okay with paying 10-15% more for a Delhi number, but a 50k difference is crazy! I don't advise people to get registrations done in other states, but this is NCR after all!

So after a bit of complicated paperwork (luckily my family owns property in Gurgaon, though I live in Delhi) I will soon be the proud owner of a HR-26 numberplate car, instead of a DL-3C plate. Bollocks I say! I really think the Delhi govt. should have a uniform registration cost for NCR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey_wrench (Post 2026080)
So what's the difference?

Here's the price difference:
From Civil: Honda VMT: 9.05 (ex-showroom)
From Canteen: Honda VMT: 8.23 (ex-showroom).

I'm showing the difference ex-showroom because the rest of the charges are the same (registration, insurance etc.). So technically, there's an approx 70k discount.

^^ works out to a 82K difference. Please keep us posted, that would be useful.

Spike

Hey, yeah 82k, but I was approximating keeping in mind the 10k corporate discount the Honda guy was offering me.

I'll also post a rough canteen price list of all popular cars for the benefit all Bhpians.

SBI not willing to give loan for CSD purchase! you did not face any such issues?

Ek ANHC ke liye kuchh bhi karega !!!

CSD Puchase : - 82K saving
Corporate Discount : - 5K to - 20K saving depending on nego
Gurgaon registration: - 53K saving
Free transportation from Jalandhar to Gurgaon/Delhi: approx 10-15K saving

Low interest loan from SBI ?...Sone pe suhaga

You seems to be enjoying the mother of all deals

clap:

Please call different dealer tpo check out the difference in price. There was a rs 15 K difference betwwen Jalandhar and CHD prices wwhen I picked up my SX4 about 2 years back. I took the delivery of th car in CHD and drove it to Noida.

Great choice there. Oh boy what a deal you are getting there, I envy you buddy. I hope you didn't choose ANHC because you didn't like the Alloys of SX4 lol. Anyway a great choise.
Okay coming to the accessories,
The truth is that the sunfilms unfortunately don't go well with black unlike white/silver/beige, however you will still need the films to beat the Delhi heat. I suggest if you have the buck go for V-Kool, else 3Ms are equally good at an affordable prices. You can negotiate with the dealer to put the 3M films for you as a freebee.
Congratulations, and welcome to the club. Do post some pics

We've seen some fantastic deals on used cars but this one is a killer deal for a new car. Congrats monkey_wrench!!

Do update when you get the car & later with your Initial review. Wish you many happy miles.

@ Burnt_rubber: I've heard people having problems (though they seem to be offering an 8% for the 1st year and 10% for the balance scheme). I'm going through Kotak (who is giving me a 9% flat)...and no problems so far.

@ StarVegabond: Haha, thanks mate! Well, almost two years of planning (and wanting) has gone into this! (And not to mention lost of T-BHP forum reading!)

@ rajneeesh: Yeah man. The agent I spoke to had a full chart of all the various dealership prices, and I've chosen the one (I think it's Jalandhar) that was the cheapest.

Quote:

Great choice there. Oh boy what a deal you are getting there, I envy you buddy. I hope you didn't choose ANHC because you didn't like the Alloys of SX4 lol. Anyway a great choise.
Haha, well not just the alloys :) Overall (though I still like the car) the ANHC trumps on most fronts. Though unarguably, the SX4 is way better value for money. Hmm, if only Honda had ACC.

Quote:

Okay coming to the accessories,
The truth is that the sunfilms unfortunately don't go well with black unlike white/silver/beige, however you will still need the films to beat the Delhi heat. I suggest if you have the buck go for V-Kool, else 3Ms are equally good at an affordable prices. You can negotiate with the dealer to put the 3M films for you as a freebee.
Yeah man I know what you mean. The white ANHC with films looks killer. V-kool is way out of my league, but will try and pump for 3M. Gonna try and negotiate with the dealer, because till now everything has been via the CSD agent.

Quote:

Congratulations, and welcome to the club. Do post some pics
Thanks mate! Yeah, and I sure will inundate the forums with pics :D :D

Congratulations,

Welcome to ANHC club.

Amazing deal I must say.

Raghu: Thanks man. I'm not yet part of the club...will only be next week! Right now crossing my fingers hoping that all the CSD/Bank paperwork goes through all right.

Update today is that within a day my 2007 model Santro XO is now sold...thanks T-BHP classifieds forums and the new proud T-BHPian who is the new owner !! :) -- ID withheld on request.

congrats..

i recently bought my LINEA MJD E+ through CSD. the process was super smooth..you actually dont need an agent for CSD work.. we submitted the papers at CSD Ambala and got delivery from a dealer in faridabad. getting through Jalandhar could have saved few more bucks, but i wanted to buy from a dealer which is closer and easily accessible just in case some need arises... i saved about 70k and moreover i too am getting my registration from haryana. so another 30k saving..

Congrats car-dent!

Yeah you're right you really don't need an agent. It's just that this Noida-Auto guy is making this really easy...haven't really had to step out of the house. He's doing to CSD indent form co-ordination, submission of the forms in Jalandhar, the loan formalities etc. All i need to do is go collect the car!

Update 17 Aug:

Loan verification formalities done, should be approved by tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Question:
I'm planning on keeping my amp and sub-woofer from my Santro (Sony X-plode 2-channel amp and 1200W X-plode Sub). Does anyone have any experience mounting an amp and a woofer in an ANHC? I know i'll have to re-invest in the cabling...but would you recommend it? Will it void the warranty?