Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 20:47   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antorquetik View Post

I have exactly the same problem.The water is leaking inside the cabin from driver side.i suppose it flows along the length of A-pillar or comes from the front firewall.
I just noticed the firewall facing engine compartment is catching rust above the brake booster.
I think because of water entering the cabin the wiper relay gets wet during the rains and the int speed and sweep operation cease to work.
I am afraid if this water entry into the cabin is wetting the fuse box, it is a potential fire hazard.
Is your problem solved?

I had the same problem.
1. The drain pipe that goes into the floor on the front passenger footwell was cleaned - nothing changed
2. A drain tray was removed (it is inside the cabin and under the dashboard) and cleaned. Same story again in the next rains
3. This time, a third mech opened the bonnet. There is a drain pipe that is on the dashboard end... I could see water dripping slowly from this point. The pipe was cleaned. That Solved the problem.

I don't understand why these mechanics don't resolve the problem comprehensively. Fix the easiest possible cause without getting to the root cause. The service centers are more notorious for such behaviour
chakri400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 17:18   #227
BHPian

Re: Medium Grey Tank - New Palio Stile 1.3 MJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
***UPDATE***
Major water leak inside the car into the passenger footwell. I can not for the life of me understand where the water is coming from. ..

3. 3 days later (present day), all four footwells are soaked. This is during peak monsoon in Delhi (i.e. July - August 2013)...

4. It's not the AC drain or anything because that duct is firmly fitted to the floor of the car under the dash. In fact, there's no leakage during AC usage. ... The footwells fill up during periods of heavy rain when the car is at a standstill.

6. The mechanic from point no. 2 said we'd have to remove the dashboard to see if the leak is happening from somewhere there..
@ByDesign,

Surprisingly, I have almost an identical problem on my Duster here!

I have quoted the relevant & exactly similar parts from your post - compared to my observation now.
My problem & service troubleshooting + Final Solution (?)

My problem explained (similar to yours)
One of the causes - external drain through under the wiper-brackets- eliminated after check
Troubleshooting & Frustration
Some more frustration BUT now "apparently" problem SOLVED.

Did you find a solution to the problem faced by you?
How is your car holding up this year?

Others in this thread, any inputs?

Ace.

P.S. I have taken the liberty to cross-post, since the problem is strikingly similar, Hope you don't mind.
Old 6th August 2014, 18:37   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
How is your car holding up this year?
Incidentally, he's let go his Multijet which is now taken care by another owner from Bangalore since Oct 2013 .

I had a chance to drive this one down from Delhi to Bangalore and thoroughly enjoyed the typical fun that a good handling car gives you.

As far as I know, the problem seems to be solved as I/we didn't face any issue while driving back and nor have I heard from the owner(now) friend about such issue(s).

Here's Greyhound, as we fondly christened it posing somewhere near Madikeri couple of months before:
Medium Grey Tank - New Palio Stile 1.3 MJD-grey_hound.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th August 2014 at 18:38.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 09:56   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Incidentally, he's let go his Multijet which is now taken care by another owner from Bangalore since Oct 2013 .
As far as I know, the problem seems to be solved as I/we didn't face any issue while driving back and nor have I heard from the owner(now) friend about such issue(s).

Paragsachania,

Thank you for the update.

Could you please help me with "what solved the problem"
That's the part, I am desperately trying to understand.

Appreciate the help,

Ace.
Old 18th August 2014, 17:19   #230
Senior - BHPian

The Palio Stile's certainly have the drain pipe issue. In my opinion, atleast 2-3 out of every 10 cars develop this issue at some or the other point of time. The drain pipe is located somewhere towards the end of the dash and often gets severed and AC water is seen in passenger footwell, often only driver side. On my Palio, I never had this issue except for occasional drop of water that used fall on my left leg. It was like a drop every hour or so, I neglected it totally. The issue is a easy fix at FASS (most certainly any technician who has spent atleast couple of years at FASS would know it as a known issue)

On ByDesign's car, if I remember correctly, some thing to do with the windshield beading or some rubber part around the bottom of the windshield was changed. When he handed over the car, he said the last 2 weeks of him driving, he hadnt seen the issue recur. After which for few months he was out of town and car was unused. He was sounding 99% confident that the issue was history. Since he was selling the car to us, he was 1% apprehensive just in case issue recurs. The issue indeed was history as we never say the issue after purchasing. Its run close to 18k kms and never ever seen the issue.
funkykar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2015, 14:04   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

I had a chance to drive this one down from Delhi to Bangalore and thoroughly enjoyed the typical fun that a good handling car gives you.

Here's Greyhound, as we fondly christened it posing somewhere near Madikeri couple of months before:
Ah. My baby I see the entire body kit's been removed and she's back to pristine stock looks. Good to know there's no problems. Drive safe!

PS: Greyhound is a nice name. I used to call it Maniac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
The Palio Stile's certainly have the drain pipe issue. In my opinion, atleast 2-3 out of every 10 cars develop this issue at some or the other point of time. The drain pipe is located somewhere towards the end of the dash and often gets severed and AC water is seen in passenger footwell, often only driver side. On my Palio, I never had this issue except for occasional drop of water that used fall on my left leg. It was like a drop every hour or so, I neglected it totally. The issue is a easy fix at FASS (most certainly any technician who has spent atleast couple of years at FASS would know it as a known issue)

On ByDesign's car, if I remember correctly, some thing to do with the windshield beading or some rubber part around the bottom of the windshield was changed. When he handed over the car, he said the last 2 weeks of him driving, he hadnt seen the issue recur. After which for few months he was out of town and car was unused. He was sounding 99% confident that the issue was history. Since he was selling the car to us, he was 1% apprehensive just in case issue recurs. The issue indeed was history as we never say the issue after purchasing. Its run close to 18k kms and never ever seen the issue.
I remember how much time and effort I spent correcting that issue. The authorized service centers don't give it too much time because it's purely a labor intensive job and cannot be quantitatively assessed in terms of price like a 'general service' or 'wheel alignment'. Local mechanics tried their luck too, hosing it down, removing the entire wiper assembly, unclogging leaves. After the service center spent time on it the issue seemed to have gone. Good to know it hasn't reoccurred. Drive safe!
ByDesign is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed