Old 16th August 2010, 19:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

At 3.7Lakhs OTR its a Steal.
Congrats,nice color,and now onwards,no tbhpian can miss spotting you on road
Old 16th August 2010, 21:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Congratulations on the new acquisition BD!

I am curious why anyone would choose a car that's retired over a new one. Do you really like the Palio that much or did you just get an irresistable deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
You should his thread "hatchback dilemma",that will answer your question.He was absolutely smitten by the Palio.Love at first sight

And i will say this it takes guts to stand by your love like he did and got the palio.Other than a killer pricing for the 1.3 engine,beautiful looks,good build quality and "chiller ac" sealed the deal!

noopster. It's EXACTLY what Avishar said!
Thanks Akshay!

Guys, 220 km update.

***Good***
  • AC's still reminds me of Mr. Freeze's evil hideout where everything's cryo preserved
  • Handles so beautifully, did a few 50 - 60 long arc corners, felt like a radar guided cruise missile
  • Steps over bumps and potholes like Godzilla
  • The grunt of the engine still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck
***Bad***
  • I drove over a rumble strip (triple speed breakers) and a single drop of ice cold water dripped on my left leg. It was definitely water, and I don't know how any of the AC ducts is open to air like that.
  • At lower speeds, there's a ball bearing scraping around somewhere. The sound vanishes when I let go of the accelerator, even if the cars rolling at 40kmph but instantly comes back when I press the accelerator. The important thing to note is, it happens only at lower speeds. I can't hear it at higher speeds. Also, the fan in my room makes the exact same sound at slower speeds. It didn't make this sound before, but it's really old and it does now. It's like a metallic, rolling, scraping sound. I don't know how else to describe this. Will anyone please help me out here? It's not affecting performance as far as I know, but still, it's a new car so it hurts. This wasn't there on the first day of driving back from the showroom.
  • A small vibration can be heard from the driver side window at a particular frequency. It's just a niggle. I don't really care.
I will be going for a first service and ICE setup soon to the dealer. I'll definitely get the above points checked out. Especially that ball bearing noise.
Old 16th August 2010, 21:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
noopster. It's EXACTLY what Avishar said!
Thanks Akshay!

Guys, 220 km update.

***Good***
  • AC's still reminds me of Mr. Freeze's evil hideout where everything's cryo preserved
  • Handles so beautifully, did a few 50 - 60 long arc corners, felt like a radar guided cruise missile
  • Steps over bumps and potholes like Godzilla
  • The grunt of the engine still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck
***Bad***
  • I drove over a rumble strip (triple speed breakers) and a single drop of ice cold water dripped on my left leg. It was definitely water, and I don't know how any of the AC ducts is open to air like that.
  • At lower speeds, there's a ball bearing scraping around somewhere. The sound vanishes when I let go of the accelerator, even if the cars rolling at 40kmph but instantly comes back when I press the accelerator. The important thing to note is, it happens only at lower speeds. I can't hear it at higher speeds. Also, the fan in my room makes the exact same sound at slower speeds. It didn't make this sound before, but it's really old and it does now. It's like a metallic, rolling, scraping sound. I don't know how else to describe this. Will anyone please help me out here? It's not affecting performance as far as I know, but still, it's a new car so it hurts. This wasn't there on the first day of driving back from the showroom.
  • A small vibration can be heard from the driver side window at a particular frequency. It's just a niggle. I don't really care.
I will be going for a first service and ICE setup soon to the dealer. I'll definitely get the above points checked out. Especially that ball bearing noise.
That can be water condensed on AC vents,due to humidity these days,it is quite normal ,that water droplets form near AC vents
Old 16th August 2010, 22:07   #19
BHPian

Just came back from a 10 minute drive. That scraping sound seems to have gone. I will mention it anyway at the first service.

PS: The car was at 80kmph in 4th gear, and I pushed beyond 2500 RPM and the engine just pulled so hard. It felt like it would just keep on accelerating! God I love this beast...
Old 17th August 2010, 11:58   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Palio. Looks good in the medium grey color. Enjoy many more miles with the MJD.

It just felt to me that there are too many stickers put on the car. Its just my opinion.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats on the Palio. Looks good in the medium grey color. Enjoy many more miles with the MJD.

It just felt to me that there are too many stickers put on the car. Its just my opinion.
Let me congratulate you again for your purchase and wish you many miles of happiness.

Now, I second Nkrishnap's feedback about the number of stickers being too many. After you've shown such good taste in the car, I believe it'll be nicer if you reduce the number of stickers. I understand they are tbhp stickers, but again, too much of a good thing..... Though, like always, this is just our opinion.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:34   #22
BHPian

Many Congratulations BD !!

You would surely love this beast. Mine is a Carbon Black MJD SDX and is now 20 months old and I have done 48k on it. I even got it PETEd at 40k, its a absolute rocket in straight line now.

Would recommend a Tyre upgrade before ICE installation, after the tyre upgrade driving MJD is a completely different ball game.

Congratulations once again

Last edited by Bubby : 17th August 2010 at 13:35.
Old 17th August 2010, 13:36   #23
BHPian

Congratulations ByDesign!

Quote:
I drove over a rumble strip (triple speed breakers) and a single drop of ice cold water dripped on my left leg. It was definitely water, and I don't know how any of the AC ducts is open to air like that.
Of late, my 2 year old SDX also has this problem.
I reported this in the last service. They cleaned the AC duct but again water was dropping. Again I took it to the service centre, again they cleaned the duct. Now it's under observation - not using AC much this season.

For me, it happens when the AC has run for a long time, say more than 2 hours continuously.
Old 17th August 2010, 22:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post

The dealership sticker at the back is coming off very soon. And probably a couple of T-BHP stickers too. Thanks for the wishes friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Let me congratulate you again for your purchase and wish you many miles of happiness.

Now, I second Nkrishnap's feedback about the number of stickers being too many. After you've shown such good taste in the car, I believe it'll be nicer if you reduce the number of stickers. I understand they are tbhp stickers, but again, too much of a good thing..... Though, like always, this is just our opinion.
I've got the bad sticker feed back from almost everyone I showed the car to. People in office, friends, etc. Maybe I got a bit carried away. All in good time folks, it'll settle down with time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Many Congratulations BD !!

You would surely love this beast. Mine is a Carbon Black MJD SDX and is now 20 months old and I have done 48k on it. I even got it PETEd at 40k, its a absolute rocket in straight line now.

Would recommend a Tyre upgrade before ICE installation, after the tyre upgrade driving MJD is a completely different ball game.

Congratulations once again
Thanks very much! And once I've got some money, I'll definitely upgrade the tires and get alloys too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Congratulations ByDesign!

Of late, my 2 year old SDX also has this problem.
I reported this in the last service. They cleaned the AC duct but again water was dropping. Again I took it to the service centre, again they cleaned the duct. Now it's under observation - not using AC much this season.

For me, it happens when the AC has run for a long time, say more than 2 hours continuously.
The AC thing isn't happening now, nor is the ball bearing noise. But it'll definitely be checked.

***Quick update***

Just drove through a whole mud road of mush and wet mud. Threw the tank into first gear and just rumbled along. The car was skidding this way and that way, sort of like gliding on ice. Made it through unscathed. 5 people in the car too. What fun!
Old 18th August 2010, 09:07   #25
BHPian

Hey Guys!

You all are talking about stickers.
I am not able to find where are the PICs!!
Old 18th August 2010, 14:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys!

Page 1 first post? I reviewed the car with lots of pictures.
Old 18th August 2010, 19:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys!

Quote:
Page 1 first post? I reviewed the car with lots of pictures.
Ok. I got them now!!

You know what the problem was? You have loaded the photos in imageshack and that website is blocked in my office network!! Now I checked them from home. Why don't you upload the snaps on TBHP server?
Old 20th August 2010, 21:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. I got them now!!

You know what the problem was? You have loaded the photos in imageshack and that website is blocked in my office network!! Now I checked them from home. Why don't you upload the snaps on TBHP server?
I wanted to put the pics in various places in the article. By using the 'manage attachments' section in the forum, they all congregate at the bottom. And I didn't know any other way to upload on the server.

***400KM UPDATE***

The car just sky rockets after 80 kmph in 4th gear after 2K RPM. Pushed to around 2.5K RPM not more. Trying to get as much FE as I can for the first full tank run. A/C chills superbly.

The ball bearing metallic rolling sound now doesn't happen except after long drives. And I also note that the sound happens only when the car is turning left. I'm left to assume that this is the wheel bearings noise because of imbalance. I will be upgrading the tires and wheels in a few days, I'll get it balanced and checked too. Will consult the tire man (BK Tires) about going for low pro's with bigger alloys.

Future prospects (5000km +) include engine mods, ECU remaps, intakes, exhausts and simple body kits.

Fiat called me from Mumbai or Pune I can't remember which, and I told them about the bearing noise, as well as the missing mudflaps which the dealership 'forgot' to add.

Will keep you guys posted.

BD
Old 20th August 2010, 22:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that the car is running well and also about your future prospects
The alloys which came with the Palio 1.6 SP would look lovely on this car,although its pretty much impossible to get one.So is there a Pete's box planned in the future too?
Old 22nd August 2010, 13:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Good to know that the car is running well and also about your future prospects
The alloys which came with the Palio 1.6 SP would look lovely on this car,although its pretty much impossible to get one.So is there a Pete's box planned in the future too?
Thank you

I want aftermarket alloys actually, I'm not a big fan of the original fiat alloys. I like slightly more naked looking wheels. Not sure about the pete's box, might go in for another brand. Will see when the time comes. Hopefully I upgrade my tires today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks