Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 12:01   #31
BHPian

Newpunter, I just read that you have not taken the car to highways much. You should take her to the highway to realize her full potential. Go ahead and plan a vacation with your Punto and I am pretty sure you are going to love it
Old 19th August 2010, 12:36   #32
BHPian

Hey congrats for a HIP HOP BLACk. It's look really stunning in this color. And your story is completely bollywood type
Old 19th August 2010, 13:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Newpunter, I just read that you have not taken the car to highways much. You should take her to the highway to realize her full potential. Go ahead and plan a vacation with your Punto and I am pretty sure you are going to love it
Yeah I have been waiting to take the car on a long drive for a long time but due to some circumstances ( which i will probably put in another thread some time in the future ) , I haven't been able to take it out yet. Hopefully, I will get the chance to do this next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhi_des View Post
Hey congrats for a HIP HOP BLACk. It's look really stunning in this color. And your story is completely bollywood type
Yeah, I guess. If you replaced the Punto with a girl, it would be similar to the Bollywood love stories .
Old 19th August 2010, 13:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

First of all Welcome to the Fiat Punto Club

Hearty congratulations on your acquisition 'New-Punter'. It's really a pleasure to read your report. Yes, great writeup brother.

Personally, I feel that all colors looks awesome on Fiat Punto . Even then, Let me hope that you didn't have much trouble choosing the color.

Please do keep us updated. Waiting for your future reports and pictures. Happy and safe driving.

Regards
Amith
Old 19th August 2010, 14:59   #35
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the club

Congrats ! Indeed a very nice narative story. Sorry to know about your first incident with scratch marks. By the way how much was on road price in Bangalore after discounts.
Old 19th August 2010, 15:21   #36
BHPian

Forgot to write the cost details.

Total OTR price : 5.5 Lakhs.
Corporate Discount : 19K.
Accessories : Floor mats, 3M Polish, One useless Car perfume, One Ganesh Idol.
I expected to get the free extended warranty, but on delivery date, the sales guy told me that their offer didn't include the extended warranty, as it was a leased car. After a little argument, I agreed and plan to take the extended warranty soon. I didn't get the free insurance either as the lease company takes care of the insurance and my company pays that component , so i didn't worry about it too much.
Then, I had asked them to get the underbody coating done. And it was done before delivery, but strangely, they didn't charge me for that. Normally in a lease, I would have to pay for any extra things done on the car. I told them that i would have to pay for it, but the dealer told me it wasn't necessary. So i left it at that.
The Ex Showroom price came to around 4.75 Lakhs after the corporate discount.
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:57   #37
BHPian

Hey Newpunter, congrats on your love story with the black beauty.

Was seriously considering the punto 1.2 as my next car around 6 months back but lost interest after the new launches like Polo and Figo.
Now after reading your sweet love story feel like going back to my first love.
Will go for TD this week itself.
Old 23rd August 2010, 16:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Hey Newpunter, congrats on your love story with the black beauty.

Was seriously considering the punto 1.2 as my next car around 6 months back but lost interest after the new launches like Polo and Figo.
Now after reading your sweet love story feel like going back to my first love.
Will go for TD this week itself.
Thanks .

I think for VFM, nothing can beat the Figo, but for people who want to get the Punto but have a limited budget, the 1.2 Emotion is a great buy for the features that it offers at that price.
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:01   #39
BHPian

Hey new punter, hearty congratulations, Even I was planning about the 1.2 but my only issue is no ABS or Airbags, less power i can do without. I was shocked when i read in this augusts edition of Auto India magazine about 1.2 emotion pack with ABS and Airbags and needless to say i was zapped ,are you aware of this??
Old 23rd August 2010, 17:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Hey new punter, hearty congratulations, Even I was planning about the 1.2 but my only issue is no ABS or Airbags, less power i can do without. I was shocked when i read in this augusts edition of Auto India magazine about 1.2 emotion pack with ABS and Airbags and needless to say i was zapped ,are you aware of this??
Really? My biggest complaint with the 1.2 Emotion was the lack of ABS and Airbags. Seems like FIAT heard it, if a bit too late for me. I think if they don't increase the prices by too much and price it near to the base diesel version, it would now be even better VFM than it already is. Good move by FIAT.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:08   #41

Quote:
I just called the Fiat India Helpline and got a confirmation that there is no 1.2 Emotion Pack, hence no ABS/Air-bag yet.
Old 23rd August 2010, 18:13   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That will be kool.
Im sure if this is true than it will be a good move by FIAT.
And CONGRATS on new ride ( almost forgot ).
Black/B-white punto is just mind blowing to watch , i just hope the a.s.s of fiat-tata doesn't dampen the spirits of the Fiat owners. Im must confess , today also when i see the punto add in the TV/newspaper or a punto in the road,my dil goes hhmmmm .
But the stories of tata-fiat a.s.s kept me away from this beauty, because i always believed buying a car is not the end of it , its just the beginning and if we don't get proper support after buying, then things might get difficult.

Anyways , wishing you and all the punto owners nothing but only the "best".
Drive safe and take care.
Cheers.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:18   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmr View Post
I just called the Fiat India Helpline and got a confirmation that there is no 1.2 Emotion Pack, hence no ABS/Air-bag yet.
Yea, even I spoke to them now , and they confirmed that there was no 1.2 E Pack. . Im surprised that Auto India has a Specs column and comparo drive for the 1.2 Emotion pack. Shocking.
Old 29th August 2010, 15:22   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Thanks. I don't think i will be getting Alloys anytime soon. One of the reasons for getting the Emotion variant was that it came pre loaded with most of the things that i needed. If i go for any mods, it will probably be after i transfer the car back to my name at the end of the lease period.

Regarding the engine, I don't think it is underpowered, but it is not the most powerful I have driven either. You will never be able to win a traffic light grand prix in this car, that is for sure. It is slow to get off the block, probably due to heavy weight. But once it is off and you are into the 3rd or 4th gears, it is no slouch and pulls away quite well. Another thing that most people haven't talked about in this car is the driveability. It is very comfortable to drive in the city due to the short gearing. You can drive in the 3rd or 4th gears for most of the time without downshifting. Having got used to this, i tried the same on my friend's Wagon R and it stalled .

Regarding the other cars, I think the Micra wasn't launched yet when i booked my car , or i would have definitely given it a serious thought. Vista, I didn't consider at all coz it still looks like an Indica and I didn't want my car to be associated to a Taxi brand. But after having sat in my friend's Vista, I have to say that it is a great car and is very VFM. Beat, I did research it, but after I saw it on the roads, i gave up on the idea coz both me and my wife didn't like the looks at all. Figo was one car that was well within my budget and I did give a serious thought about it. But the lack of a few features that i wanted, even in the top variant and the quite bland looks meant that I stuck with the Punto and so far, I am not regretting my decision at all .
+1 to what you said.Honestly I had my apprehensions about the engines performance keeping in mind the weight of the car but boy oh boy was I surprised when I test drove it today. In no way does it feel underpowered. In fact it picked up very well from stand still, the engine revvs great. and I beg to differ from your statement Newpunter, It can win signal to signal drag race as well.Its pulls up clean from 1st and second gear as well. The only drawback like I have mentioned before is the lack of ABS and airbags other wise the car is excellent. Congrats once again mate. Nothing beats Fiat cars and engines. Also before I test drove the Punto I test drove the Vista safire as well and ,Like you said the car has improved in leaps and bounds and doesnot feel like a TATA at all,The sound deadning is amazing you dont realise if the engine is running or not and the ride and handling and pick up is great. Though the steering is nowhere in comparision to the Punto.

Last edited by MihirC : 29th August 2010 at 15:31.
Old 29th August 2010, 20:34   #45
BHPian

Congrats @newpunter... she is a joy to own and drive..she seems to get better with miles..and u wud get plenty of compliments on how she looks(beware d evil eye) trust me i have had the same for 6months now... really happy i had the guts to go for Punto wen everyone around me said No FIAT.. Touchwood so far so good ..5.5 months 12000kms ..solid as a rock she flies ...one tyre burst(my fault) one bus running into me (his fault) other than that no big hassles.Small issues yes but Automatrix Mangalore are the best guys around I think...Wish u miles and miles of Puntoing around and plenty of Jealous looks...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks