Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 06:59   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Great car, David!

Get rid of the Amar Cars yellow sticker and put a thinner standard one. It will make the front look better.
Old 13th September 2010, 13:58   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_chill View Post
[*]The benchmark for this car is the old zen, not the Alto 800 IMHO.& it delivers.
Guys! I guess we can include a Santro in this comparison. 63 PS @ 5500, 9.8 KGM @ 3000. No?
Old 13th September 2010, 15:19   #78
ajai_dev

Some one should do a total comparison of the Alto K10 to the Alto 1.1L VXi, i imagine it would be one hell of a shootout.

Old 16th September 2010, 21:04   #79
BHPian

I haven't bothered measuring exact fuel efficiency till I completed the first service (today!) Overall range is 12-13 kmpl in peak Bangalore traffic what with Hosur Road being all dug up. I do have an issue with the digital odo....it does not show clearly when the fuel goes into reserve. The 1 bar starts flashing bleakly, no red lights on the panel. Or do I need to empty tank further to know when it moves into reserve?
Old 17th September 2010, 00:02   #80
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't bothered measuring exact fuel efficiency till I completed the first service (today!) Overall range is 12-13 kmpl in peak Bangalore traffic what with Hosur Road being all dug up. I do have an issue with the digital odo....it does not show clearly when the fuel goes into reserve. The 1 bar starts flashing bleakly, no red lights on the panel. Or do I need to empty tank further to know when it moves into reserve?
Yes, I am also confused when the fuel reading. Just dont understand when the car goes into reserve. It just starts blinking. Have to ask the maruti people how much fuel is still there when the digital bar in the odo is blinking. This is something which i did not like.
Old 17th September 2010, 09:43   #81
Senior - BHPian

With the second tank I waited for the last bar to come. When it blinked I filled up the tank. About 31.1L. Assuming that the tank is 35L that gives us 3.9L, or between 50km and 80km range.

On delivery the dealer had filled 2L and gave a 3L voucher. The bar was still blinking after that. So I guess that the reserve is anywhere between 4L and 6L. Best to assume a range of 50km on reserve and act on that. I guess in city it does not matter as there is always a pump within short distance. On highways I would assume that a pump would come up within 50km. Otherwise I would start looking for a pump when the gauge comes to second bar or even third bar in remote hills.

Last edited by Aroy : 17th September 2010 at 10:00.
Old 17th September 2010, 10:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murx View Post
Yes, I am also confused when the fuel reading. Just dont understand when the car goes into reserve. It just starts blinking. Have to ask the maruti people how much fuel is still there when the digital bar in the odo is blinking. This is something which i did not like.
If the last bar starts blinking, it means you have entered 'reserve' . It just like the 'E' mark on your analog meter, which means that you should have about 5 litres of fuel in the tank when the bar first starts blinking.

I agree, it's far more difficult to comprehend with the digital fuel meter, especially when there are no other warning signs (light/beep etc). The blinking indication is just to cut costs I believe. A red/orange low fuel warning lamp would have been much more easy to read.

Last edited by longhorn : 17th September 2010 at 10:51.
Old 10th October 2010, 22:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

hello,
does yout Alto come with the Alto name plate thingy on the driver and passenger door bottom ?
Old 11th October 2010, 10:46   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
hello,
does yout Alto come with the Alto name plate thingy on the driver and passenger door bottom ?
Did not get you ? I mean are you talking about the interior or the exterior part ? If you talking about the exterior than the Alto has been embosed in the door guards the way it has been embosed in the scorpio.
Old 11th October 2010, 13:06   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murx View Post
Did not get you ? I mean are you talking about the interior or the exterior part ? If you talking about the exterior than the Alto has been embosed in the door guards the way it has been embosed in the scorpio.
yes, i was talking about the door guards only.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:16   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hello,
My one has it on the rear door guards, not on the two front door guards.
Old 11th October 2010, 22:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Well actually i am talking about the Alto name embossed at the bottom

http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/maru...lto_k10_09.jpg

You saying you have it only the rear and not at the front. I was wonderin whether the same is part of standard equipment or only on the higher end model.
Old 12th October 2010, 00:45   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well actually i am talking about the Alto name embossed at the bottom
These are called 'Door Sill Plates'.

These are usually not a part of the standard equipment even on higher end vehicles so I very much doubt if they would be standard on the Alto K10. One could of course buy these as an accessory. Usually these would come in a set of 4, one for each of the doors.
Old 12th October 2010, 09:08   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
These are usually not a part of the standard equipment even on higher end vehicles.
I beg to differ with you brother.

IIRC, Fiat Linea T-Jet has door sill plates (scuff plates) as standard equipment.

Sorry for the OT post.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 12th October 2010 at 09:09.
Old 25th October 2010, 06:40   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
These are called 'Door Sill Plates'.

These are usually not a part of the standard equipment even on higher end vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I beg to differ with you brother.

IIRC, Fiat Linea T-Jet has door sill plates (scuff plates) as standard equipment.

Amith
Sorry for going OT. Scuff plates are standard on Tata Manza too.

Most Viewed