Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 01:04   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Murx View Post
I am quite happy with the quality of paint on my Alto K10. Today morning was a little unpleasant for me. While coming back home one of my neighbour had parked his bike on the society street. I was bit angry and thought could sneak through the gap, but then my cars rear door got bruised with the bikes steering and a long mark was there. I was so upset felt like beating up that guy to park his vehicle like this. But then i did something unusual. I took out the cleaning cloth from the car and tried to rub on the mark. Was happy to see that the mark was completely removed and it was as if nothing happened. No scratch, no stain on paint. Couldnt take pictures as it is raining heavily in here. Just thought to share this incident.
same thing happened with me dude!! some jerk rubbed my bumper and left a thick black patch but when i washed it with a towel cloth,all gone just a dot left!!
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjumbo View Post
same thing happened with me dude!! some jerk rubbed my bumper and left a thick black patch but when i washed it with a towel cloth,all gone just a dot left!!
It seems that the current batch of car paints are tougher than those in past. I backed into a tree and could not see a cut off branch. It gave me a dent on the pillar near the hatch glass, high up. When I washed it there was an awful dent, but the paint was intact!
Old 3rd December 2010, 12:20   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjumbo View Post
This has been a common thing since body coloured thermoplastic bumpers came into existence...The black mark is not really a damage to the paint, its an additional layer left on the paint by rubbing the rubber/plastic/metal from the other vehicle's bumpers / mud-guards or tires.
Old 6th December 2010, 17:09   #94
Senior - BHPian

Hello David

small query regarding the shade of your Alto K10, How many shades of white are there ??

just Superior White ??

and is it a metallic shade or normal shade ??

and is there any white metallic shade as well ???

Please confirm the above doubts and thanks in advance
Old 10th January 2011, 18:35   #95
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Superior White Alto K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Hello David

small query regarding the shade of your Alto K10, How many shades of white are there ??

just Superior White ??

As per the Maruti alto k10 site all the shades available are metallic shades which includes Superior White too, and there is only one shade in white. Although check for the colors at any dealer as websites don't get upgraded soon.

Last edited by samsag12 : 10th January 2011 at 18:38.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:03   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Hello David

just Superior White ??

Hi. Firstly sorry for a late reply. Yes there is only one shade in white and that is superior white. It isnt a metallic shade, its the normal shade. There is no availability of metallic shade as far as white colour is concerned.
Old 27th March 2011, 20:16   #97
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday got delivery of my ALTO K10 superior white, pls find photos from stockyard till showroom delivery along with pasting of Team Bhp stickers today in the morning before doing anything more to the car I am a devoteful Team Bhpian. Detailed history of this car delivery will be posted later .It is very interesting. Regards
Attached Thumbnails
My Superior White Alto K10-car03.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-car07.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-care2.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carr02.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carre02.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carrr2.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carrr09.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carrrr00.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-cur1.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carrr1.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carrr9.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carrr11.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carrrr3.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carrrr5.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-carrrr7.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-26032011387.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-27032011230.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-27032011231.jpg  

Old 27th March 2011, 23:21   #98
Senior - BHPian

IQBAL VEERJI , sirji congrats on the purchase.Was the car purchased from Vitesse which is close to the Infinity mall Andheri? i sometimes drive around that area.Hoping to bump (not literally :-)) into you sometime.

Enjoy the car and wish you lot's of happy miles on the Alto.
Old 27th March 2011, 23:29   #99
BHPian

@iqbal sir

So uncle you finally got the delivery,

Waiting for your ownership report and wanted to know hows the feedback of the steering as comapared to your old M800? asking cause this has EPS. Drove a EPS zen recently and found dead steering response and feedback.

Try blacking out the window pillars will look very good on white.

Oh And CONGRATULATIONS on your new K10. Happy motoring.
Hope to bump into you visually sometime.
Old 28th March 2011, 22:46   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@iqbal sir

So uncle you finally got the delivery,

Waiting for your ownership report and wanted to know hows the feedback of the steering as comapared to your old M800? asking cause this has EPS. Drove a EPS zen recently and found dead steering response and feedback.

Try blacking out the window pillars will look very good on white.

Oh And CONGRATULATIONS on your new K10. Happy motoring.
Hope to bump into you visually sometime.
Jatin the story of my booking and delivery of my WHITE TIGRESS
First of all I must thank our dear GOSTEL JI, VISHWANTH JI for congratulating me on sunday itself. Same way to our SUMIT and JATIN also.
Now read my DUKHBHARI KAHANI which later became SUKHBHARI ONE.
I called Vitesse on 28.2.2011 for Alto k10 they sent a sales guy to my office to book the order, I asked him about the price on road ,he said that apart from compony discount of 12000/- he will give me some accessaries free of cost which are as follows.
*Mud Flaps
*Rubber Matting
*Leather steering cover
*Perfume bottle
*Sun control film
All of above with maruti MUL approved stamps including garware sun contorl film as well as perfume bottle asnd floor mattings.
I asked him about music system to which he said he will ask his seniors and went out of office to speak to someone and came back and said OK Sir it can be done.
I paid 10000/- advance after which I told him that I want 2011 manufectured car which means I want 11 to be seen on all glasses, tyres, batery, safety belts etc etc. He was speechless but agreed.
Earlier he had told me I will get delivery in 4 days But now he said Sir you will get delivery in 9 days since your car will come from MUL Gurgaon.
Now I understood that they were trying to palm me off with 2010 manufectured car lying with them.
Next I started my bank formalties for loan they were over in 2 days and on 11.3.2011 I gave them my DD and full and final payment.
Now on 11.3.2011 they told me that my car has started its journey to mumbai from Gurgaon on 9.3.2011 and will be at their stockyard in 6 days time.
On 17th I called them they said it is not yet come ,19th still it is not come to stockyard.
Icalled their senior and was told that cars in truck from Gurgaon take 12 to 14 days !!! and not 5 to 6 days.
Now I wrote to them that when car arrives at the stock yard do not bring to mumbai till I see it myself at stock yard and approve it, I was findinfg all their answers FISHY.
Earlier you all must have read a thread about a pune Maruti dealer trying to sell test drive ,used car to a customer and were caught red handed .
On 21st I got reply that car has come I went to stockyard and saw the car approved it and told them to send it to mumbai.
Car came on thursday and was registered and all accsesaries fitted as promised .All other matters pictures will tell which were posted yesterday.Now Iwould like to ask earlier uers of K10 to give some tips to me regarding secong gear stalling of engine. Regards Jatin and our Sumit we must meet and I will tell you more about the car.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 28th March 2011 at 22:47.
Old 29th March 2011, 08:39   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
IQBAL VEERJI , sirji congrats on the purchase.Was the car purchased from Vitesse which is close to the Infinity mall Andheri? i sometimes drive around that area.Hoping to bump (not literally :-)) into you sometime.

Enjoy the car and wish you lot's of happy miles on the Alto.
Sumit I am planning to paint with superior white the front grille, both ORV mirrors ,door handles, foglamps bezzels, rear numberplate light black strip pls tell me how will it look ? Jatin has asked me to paste vinyl tape on all four doors frames but my friend at Milan subway ,that guy says Saab dont do it it comes off very fast.
Old 29th March 2011, 15:25   #102
BHPian

@iqbal sir

dont do that it wont look that great
infact the contrast created by the black mirrors door handles the no. plate strip and foglamp bezzels and front grille in association with the blackened out pillars will look awsome and your car will stand out. I mean it will be subtle yet unique.

Dont paste vinyl tapes i would prefer painting the pillars flat black or very light glossy black.

Tapes no cause having bad experience with them.

And if you can add IND plates along with some nice alloys and upgraded tires. Keep the alloys size same.

Last edited by jatinpatel : 29th March 2011 at 15:28.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:05   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
@iqbal sir

dont do that it wont look that great
infact the contrast created by the black mirrors door handles the no. plate strip and foglamp bezzels and front grille in association with the blackened out pillars will look awsome and your car will stand out. I mean it will be subtle yet unique.

Dont paste vinyl tapes i would prefer painting the pillars flat black or very light glossy black.

Tapes no cause having bad experience with them.

And if you can add IND plates along with some nice alloys and upgraded tires. Keep the alloys size same.
How did you find my Dukhbhari AND Sukhbhari kahani regarding delivery etc boss plsssssss tell me.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:10   #104
BHPian

@iqbal sir

only one statement
"Typical Maruti Dealership NATAK"
i too faced the same scenario with sai service andheri during booking and delivery of my "Tiny (800)"

tell me more about second gear stalling issue?
Old 29th March 2011, 21:35   #105
Senior - BHPian

Iqbalji, that was quite an experience, good you caught the dealer out on their sharp practice. I am sure such practices of palming off cars which have been used as demo cars or old ones must be going on all the time. You were smart enough to be attentive and your insistence on seeing the new car yourself paid off. The rapid turnover of the K10 means surely that cars are sold the moment they roll off the factory in Gurgaon and any car that is ex-stock has to raise your suspicions. One can't even know if it is a car that was damaged in transit and could not be delivered to some other customer.

Lesson for all of us - you must go to the farthest extent possible - even if it means going all the way from Bombay to Khopoli to actually check out the car - like what Iqbalji did.

I think you must file this story with JD Powers - assuming there is some way you can give them this feedback - since Maruti appears to have mastered the technique of getting customer satisfaction accolades year after year. Hopefully, that will ensure that such unethical practices do not recur.

Finally, congrats on the new acquisition, enjoy the drive, let us have a meet for that!

Most Viewed