Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 06:07   #1
BHPian

My Superior White Alto K10

Finally after waiting for almost 4 days i was happy to receive call from Maruti Suzuki dealer regarding the delivery of my Alto K10. Would like to share the details of my car buying process.

I was already having Alto lxi that i had bought in 2008. After the launch of K10 series i was kind of attracted to it. I had been to one of the dealer in my city for a TD and found that the new K10 series Alto was indeed very good at performance. After TD, the decision was made at home to upgrade from 800 cc to 1000 cc Kseries Alto. We visited the dealer from where we had already bought the existing alto, and to our surprise the dealer told us that the waiting period has already started and whichever colour we are selecting, we will get the delivery after minimum 20 days. Since it was to be bought through exchange, the next thing that was not pleasant was that the sales guy told that once we book the vehicle, we will have to submit the existing alto to them and that loaner car facility was not available for the time being. We were kind of not happy with it and went to another dealer in my city. This was what i think now was the wise decision we took. When we went to the other dealer, the good thing we heard was that we will be getting delivery of new car around 3-4 days. So finally the new alto K10 Vxi was booked on 12th August 2010 and delivery was given on 17th August but since it was already evening, we put that on 18th morning.

Something about the Alto K10:
Performance : The performance of K10 series is absolutely excellent. The jerkiness that was observed in the earlier one is now not at all present. I liked the sound when i started the engine. It simply gives the feel of power that is packed inside the bonnet. The engine is very silent and drive is very smooth. The new gear shifting is good and the gear know is also little sporty and comfortable to handle.

Interior : There are minor but good changes in the new series. The rear seating is changed a little bit as far as its angle is concerned. Two tone interior with fabric trim finish in door looks good. There are certain features in the odometer which have been disabled by Maruti for e.g. door ajar alarm, seat belt alarm which appear but don't work. The seats are now with integrated head rest.

Exterior : I liked the exterior changes very much. It gives a totally different look, a bit stylish, a bit aggressive too. Rest of the things, let the
pictures do the talking too.

The pictures at the delivery day.
Attached Thumbnails
My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01696.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01701.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01697.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01698.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01703.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01705.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01706.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01708.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01713.jpg  

My Superior White Alto K10-dsc01718.jpg  

David Murx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2010, 11:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Super fabulous!! Let me say that you have made a good decision.
Just a question: Has the ride quality changed?? And is the airconditioning the same, or improved?
Also, how is the handling? Is there more feel through the steering??
Old 20th August 2010, 11:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new buy, must be the first Alto K10 amongst the Team-Bhp members.
The car looks good in white and definitely a radical step from the 800cc Alto.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dhantenan !!!!!!
WOW, i think this is the 1st K10 here.
Congrats Man.
The ICE that you have installed , is a new one or moved from the Alto Lxi.
The car in white really looks nice .
Great stuff , drive safe and keep us all posted .
Take care
Cheers
Old 20th August 2010, 11:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the K10! Seems to be the first ownership review on the forum. Looking forward to a detailed report soon.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:33   #6
BHPian

Many Congratulations Bro !!!
White looks Super Cool on the new Alto.
I am also in the same Boat as you. Even i have a Alto 800 purchased in Dec. 2008. Am getting really tempted to exchange mine with the Alto K10. Heart says to Exchange it but Brain is stopping me and asking if it is worth upgrading from an Alto to another Alto.
Please share the total On-Road Price and also for how much did you trade your Alto 800cc.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey David "K"ongrats on your latest Acquisition buddy.

As many have already stated, guess this is the first K10 owned by a Bhpian or atleast the first review by an Owner.

Rev hard and Drive Safe.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

double din space , tachometer, good powerful engine with excellent FE: this car has all that my Santro doesnt has.

Congrats on the buy. I am glued on mileage figures.
Old 20th August 2010, 12:10   #9
BHPian

congrats on the new "dhan-tenan" car!

I am already waiting for your long term ownership review . Though I am quite sure, K10 is a keeper and she will not disappoint you. But, when you put this in your ownership review, I will say "I told you so"!
Old 20th August 2010, 12:17   #10
BHPian

excellent !!! finally the first K10 ownership report i was waiting for. Since i too was planning to buy a white Alto K10, but was in the thinking mode and waiting to decide once i've read the ownership reports of other T-BHpians.

Can you post some pics of the interiors ? The seats, legroom at the back, boot space, etc ?? Also if you can let us know the OTR cost and any freebies or stuff provided by the dealer along with the purchase ?

Heartiest congratulations on your new purchase !!
Old 20th August 2010, 12:23   #11
BHPian

Hey david , congrats on the new car. But would really appreciate if you could write-up a more detailed experience of driving the Alto. Point out things which you liked and things which you didn't. This really adds to the usefulness of the review.
Old 20th August 2010, 13:12   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Super fabulous!! Let me say that you have made a good decision.
Just a question: Has the ride quality changed?? And is the airconditioning the same, or improved?
Also, how is the handling? Is there more feel through the steering??
The ride quality has changed, itz very smooth compared to older one. Airconditioning is powerful and very good in the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Dhantenan !!!!!!
WOW, i think this is the 1st K10 here.
Congrats Man.
The ICE that you have installed , is a new one or moved from the Alto Lxi.
The car in white really looks nice .
Great stuff , drive safe and keep us all posted .
Take care
Cheers
The ICE i hav installed in new. Could not move from the older one as the sales guy told me that the ICE have particular coding with the vehicle in which it is installed and if removed then the warranty lapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Many Congratulations Bro !!!
White looks Super Cool on the new Alto.
I am also in the same Boat as you. Even i have a Alto 800 purchased in Dec. 2008. Am getting really tempted to exchange mine with the Alto K10. Heart says to Exchange it but Brain is stopping me and asking if it is worth upgrading from an Alto to another Alto.
Please share the total On-Road Price and also for how much did you trade your Alto 800cc.
Thank you. White looks really good. Listen to your heart and do "Dhan-Tenan" ! It is worth upgrading from Alto to another Alto. The On-Road Price here in Vadodara of non-metallic is Rs.3,55,947/-. And my Alto 800cc was offered Rs. 1,97,500/-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
excellent !!! finally the first K10 ownership report i was waiting for. Since i too was planning to buy a white Alto K10, but was in the thinking mode and waiting to decide once i've read the ownership reports of other T-BHpians.

Can you post some pics of the interiors ? The seats, legroom at the back, boot space, etc ?? Also if you can let us know the OTR cost and any freebies or stuff provided by the dealer along with the purchase ?

Heartiest congratulations on your new purchase !!
Yes the pictures of interiors, seats, legroom, boot space gonna come soon. The battery of my digicam had gone to zero, so couldnt click on the same day. No freebies was provided by dealer except for a pack of chocolates which was a very good gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Hey david , congrats on the new car. But would really appreciate if you could write-up a more detailed experience of driving the Alto. Point out things which you liked and things which you didn't. This really adds to the usefulness of the review.
I am going to add up a detailed experience of driving the new Alto. The earlier post was put up in hurry as well as excitement. The new Alto has already driven 52 kms when i am writing this.

Last but not the least, I thank everyone for wishing me here for my new car. Feeling very happy after receiving so many wishes and that too in so less time. Thank you bhp-ians, our family rocks
Old 20th August 2010, 13:33   #13
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. This will surely be a show stopper.
Why is there a yellow strip on the headlamps? I think this is particular to Gujarat.

Looks like a kajal ka tika on the baby
Old 20th August 2010, 13:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car bro

Eagerly gonna follow your thread as I am still undecided between K10 and Estilo (the 50k offer pulling the strings here). Also, please update about the tyres. Is a change necessary?

Cheers.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:00   #15
BHPian

Congrats David on the K-10. It looks very nice in White. Couple this with a nice set of alloys and the K-10 should look smashing.

I know it's a bit early, but I am sure all of us here will be keen to know the real life mileage of the K-10. We look forward to your posts/reports.

I have a feeling it's going to rain K-10's on TBHP.

I for one, am tempted to get one for myself...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks