Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2005, 12:16   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
Hoping GTO will fill us in with general spare part costs, In Bangalore the dealors do not have the prices yet or so they say.
I think Fiesta mostly shares Fusion parts bin. And Fusion parts are the most expensive in it's segment, according to latest ACI issue.
Old 22nd November 2005, 12:39   #47
BANNED

Crap. Every day I read the paper or come online, I see more bad news on the Fiesta.

Everything is so vague - either there's talk of price hikes (in a car that's not even released yet!), or the accessories are total crap, or worst or all, the Ford dealers and service guys are as clueless and incompetent as ever, guaranteeing the usual frustrating, hair pulling experiences. What point is a great car if you get mindf'ed every time you need to get it fixed.

Ford, please don't muck this one up! I know its in your genes and you find it hard to do anything right in this country, but for God's sake, please try!!!
Old 22nd November 2005, 14:03   #48
BHPian

Well GTO.. your review was simply superb..
Hope it ring some bells for the honda manufacturers and dealers.. I went to book a honda city ZX last month and the dealers in Trivandrum said that they cannot give even a floor mat as free accessory.. That is crazy.. Hope they will be forced to give accessories free after this Fiesta launch.....
Old 22nd November 2005, 14:56   #49
Max
BHPian

well, i have kind of trust in Honda. My Honda city has never let me down and its very cheap to maintain. No comments on Ford though.
Old 22nd November 2005, 16:49   #50
BHPian

Hi GTO,

Nice review and in detail. Well, i also drove 1.6 sxi(petrol) and here is my 2 cents -

What i liked - (don't mind if you find them comment)

* Chrome, chrome & chrome inside everywhere. Steering, dial, handbrake(Puzzle for me), ac vent. Thanks god not on the seats. But, interiors are really nice (Honestly). In side body moulding they claim to given chrome like indigo. I touched it & it feels like a rubber/plastic but it shine like a chrome :-)

* Dual Din with 6 speaker produce good quality sound and it looks great.

* AC is very much effective and it will chill out you in minutes. You can feel that in rear seats.

* Drive is very much comfortable. Even better then indigo. Suspension works :-)

* I dint felt it powerful and its the same pickup which i noticed in other car. Yes, rev it hard & it will give the sound like a sport car. nice handling & corning.

* Seats are comfortable but colors are same gray. I am not able to understand why they are giving same seats in icon, fusion, fiesta & even in Endeavour. Perhaps they have to finish STOCK. :-) Well, in rear seat they had given adjustable headrest. Design is nice and they are comfy.

* Alloy wheels looks nice but 15" will look great on it.

* Breaks are fine though i dint test them hard. Others were scared with my drive so....

* City it will give 10-11 7 on highway it will be 14-15 as sales person quote.

* Available in 20 days. I went on 19 Nov & if i book it delivery will be on 7 dec.

* Keyles entery and key have the buttons-lock, unlock & search. Cool...i knew this kinda comes with elantra, accord & high end cars. Good move but i find difficulty to start engine as to not press those button.

* Engine is silent (more then swift) and NVH level is almost 0. you wont notice any noise in the back seat. good work Ford.

what i didn't like ----

* Boot, though it feels big but not practical. Very difficult to put two heavy bags, you have to enter into boot to adjust it. Can't explain....

* Price. It seems ford is trying to compete Honda, Toyota with this model. Well goodluck to Ford. Yes definately i will but this instead of indigo, petra & accent but not for

* Seat adjuster - Not practicle again, I have to press it many time to reach the max height. Even after that visibility was not good. You wont feel confident with passenger side of the car.

* Steering - Not very light like swift in city. Also no feeling like hydrolic one. Perhaps this is EPS.

* I had given a glance on manual and they are still using sefi not mpfi ? Which one is best to adopt? Experts please comment. 101 bhp & Max torque is on 4800 rpm.

* No Discount :-) & 50 K is the booking amount. Hell to swift which started this trend

* As they had given dual din what is the security to audio system ? Can i remove the face plate like a single din player ?

Again i am going to visit ford for another test drive.
Old 22nd November 2005, 17:55   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitabh_kaushal
* Drive is very much comfortable. Even better then indigo. Suspension works :-)

* I dint felt it powerful and its the same pickup which i noticed in other car.
did you mean same pickup as indigo ?? .... expected to be better

Quote:
Yes, rev it hard & it will give the sound like a sport car.
did you mean to say it becomes noisy? roughly at what rpm onwards does it happen?
it seems contradictory to your comment on almost zero NVH level, the same is reported by ACI also

Quote:
* I had given a glance on manual
does the manual show torque curve by any chance? (have read some fusion ower's comments on the curve, so hope their manual does have it and the same may be carried forward to fiesta)

Quote:
* 101 bhp & Max torque is on 4800 rpm.
are you sure about this? looks very much different from specs in the broucher !!

Quote:
Yes definately i will but this instead of indigo, petra & accent but not for
but not for what? missed that important word ??
Old 22nd November 2005, 17:59   #52
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, in rear seat they had given adjustable headrest. Design is nice and they are comfy.
Did you really find the rear seats comfortable? My back was hurting after 5 minutes, but then I have highlighted the possible reason in my opening post.

GTO
Old 22nd November 2005, 18:27   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer
All variants come with just one year warranty. The price of extended warranty is unavailable.

No mudflaps and floor mats in any variants.

The audio system sounded very basic, so most audio enthusiasts would have to upgrade the audio.

Suggested FE 1.4 Petrol, 12kmpl in city and 14kmpl Highway

Suggested FE 1.6 Petrol, 10kmpl in city and 12kmpl Highway

Source: Wasan Motors
Is Fiesta lighter than Fusion... when the 1.6 fusion and fiesta share the same mill, than how come fusion give fe of 8 and fiesta 1.6 give 10kmpl? seems to me that sales guys are lieing...
Old 22nd November 2005, 18:56   #54
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

If you are mentoning that accent crdi is 4 cylinder and ford tdci is 2 then you are wrong. Coz accent crdi is 3 and ford tdci is 4 cylinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Another point in favor of Crdi is that it has a 4 valve cylinder head as opposed to the 2 valve Ford. Ford is also missing an intercooler I believe....not to mention the additional friction from the additional cyliner. Hence the low torque.
Old 22nd November 2005, 19:00   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

after reading your review GTO i went to ford showroom again and sat in rear. My back was not hurting though suspension is a little stiff. I m 5"10 so when i drive car everyones in rear is comfortable even in my zen lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Did you really find the rear seats comfortable? My back was hurting after 5 minutes, but then I have highlighted the possible reason in my opening post.

GTO
Old 22nd November 2005, 19:23   #56
BHPian

hey i dont think the mileage is gonna be as bad as 10's it must be nearing 20 as they said
i love this car even though i may not be able to buy it
i only dont like in this car is

-no two variants in diesel
-sxi in diesel doesnt have the electrically controllable rear view mirrors like the petrol sibbling has
they erred in this
no alloys for sxi d
Old 22nd November 2005, 19:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s
did you mean same pickup as indigo ?? .... expected to be better
He meant the suspension...
Old 22nd November 2005, 19:49   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Is Fiesta lighter than Fusion... when the 1.6 fusion and fiesta share the same mill, than how come fusion give fe of 8 and fiesta 1.6 give 10kmpl? seems to me that sales guys are lieing...
fusion and fiesta 1.6 kerb weights are almost exactly same... and since engine too is the same, I doubt they would have bothered (or needed) to put another gearbox. The difference that I can think of may be in suspension and drag coefficient (due to totally different body size/shape). but can these things add a couple of kms to a litre? no, I suppose. weight is the major criteria. Also tyres I guess are smaller and they could have retuned the fuel system, not sure. But then ford has high claims about everything being "optimized for india", didn't understand well what exactly is so much india specific....

after all speculations, isn't there a fair chance for everything other than obvious changes like the body to be all same??
Old 22nd November 2005, 19:54   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
He meant the suspension...
yes, that is made clear in the 1st line, but its not obvious which is the "other car" in the next line...
Old 22nd November 2005, 20:53   #60
BANNED

I'm planning to test drive the 1.6 over the weekend. Need some advice from the gang:

Which dealer should I go to (Between Versova and Dadar)? Right now I'm planning on Shaman Ford.

Wasan Ford has quoted Rs. 6,83,653 for the ZXi. Does anyone know of a better deal, or if the dealers are offering any incentives/discounts in Mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks