Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:38   #16
BANNED

Freakmuzik did you pass by Attukal Devi Temple by any chance yesterday?(22/8/10)

I was there in TVM for a marriage and i saw a yellow for reg Nano there.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:43   #17
BHPian

How do you manage without the glovebox? I cant imagine why Tata did not put one... at least a tray below the front passenger seat was in order.

I suppose you can reduce noise at the rear by putting some blankets at the back.
Old 23rd August 2010, 23:00   #18
BHPian

@joshguy: I do not think it was me as we were in a ride in the airport region! Was it somewhere there that you saw the car or close to attukal temple? If its the latter, it might be an other similar yellow nano for reg! he he:-)

@aditya101: As you mentioned, the lack of a glove box is a big drawback. And there are not many other places to put your things too. There is a small fabric pocket for the rear passengers in between the front seats and door map pockets on all four doors, which can barely hold a few maps/mags. Other than that, there is a pair of cup holders in front of the gear lever and a shallow cubbyhole underneath the handbrake. Thats it! The curvy part of the dashboard can hold some stuff, but a glove box would have been of much better use as you said.

I do not experience much of noise at the back, though a little bit exists. Thanks for the idea. I will surely give a try when possible! :-)
Old 24th August 2010, 13:59   #19
BHPian

Hello,
I plan to fit an audio system in my nano. The dealership guys showed me some OE stuff of sony and panasonic. The one with USB+aux+Mp3 costs around 13500 with two speakers and the one with also DVD compatibility costs around 14500. And they have no idea about the Genuine Accessories offered by tata other than a model named clarion which comes only with an SD card reader.

The question is, is there any problem if I do the audio set up somewhere else other than the dealership? Will the warranty be void? Can anyone please throw some light on this?
Old 24th August 2010, 14:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Hello,
I plan to fit an audio system in my nano. The dealership guys showed me some OE stuff of sony and panasonic. The one with USB+aux+Mp3 costs around 13500 with two speakers and the one with also DVD compatibility costs around 14500. And they have no idea about the Genuine Accessories offered by tata other than a model named clarion which comes only with an SD card reader.

The question is, is there any problem if I do the audio set up somewhere else other than the dealership? Will the warranty be void? Can anyone please throw some light on this?
Be aware that a lot of 'nano burning on the roads' was due to faulty wiring. Get it done from a good no compromise place. Maybe the nano electricals are a bit different to understand.
Old 24th August 2010, 14:05   #21
BHPian

@blackasta: As you said, that is what i was worried about. Normally, what the dealerships make a big fuss about is that when its done somewhere else, they make a mess with the wiring whereas in the dealership, they have proper plug-in sockets. On further inquiry at accessory shops like Car Palace, i came to know that they too use such connectors these days. The thing is if i am getting it done outside, I will have a wide variety to choose from and the prices would also be low compared to the offer from the dealer!
Old 24th August 2010, 15:10   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your yellow Nano! I love this color, and the car looks a lot better than in other shades.

I guess the only query I have is regarding the rear seat getting warm after a couple of hours of driving. I have heard elsewhere that the seat does get warmer, and if that is the case, perhaps a layer of 10mm Heatlon under it should keep the passengers behind's cooler.

Congrats,
Sriku

PS: I have resisted the Nano bug this far, but after your report may well take the bait. The way I see it, a Nano for the commute and a Jeep for the weekends will really keep me happy
Old 24th August 2010, 19:31   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Congratulations on your yellow Nano! I love this color, and the car looks a lot better than in other shades.

I guess the only query I have is regarding the rear seat getting warm after a couple of hours of driving. I have heard elsewhere that the seat does get warmer, and if that is the case, perhaps a layer of 10mm Heatlon under it should keep the passengers behind's cooler.

Congrats,
Sriku

PS: I have resisted the Nano bug this far, but after your report may well take the bait. The way I see it, a Nano for the commute and a Jeep for the weekends will really keep me happy
Thank you sriku.

Regarding your query, i have not experienced the rear seat getting warm. But in an other nano that i have travelled in, i have experienced this problem of the rear seats getting a little warm, but not much. That was one of the main reasons that i cancelled the booking at first. But, luckily there is no such problem in my car. Also, the heat resistant material used to get warm in the other nano but I have faced no such problem in mine! :-) (Touchwood! lol)( you can check the pic that i have put in the first page:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2039611-post15.html ).

And, you can definitely consider this as your car for daily commute. Its small but spacious, extremely easy to drive and its known to be easy on the pocket too ( I cant comment on that right now!).
Old 25th August 2010, 11:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sriku.

Regarding your query, i have not experienced the rear seat getting warm. But in an other nano that i have travelled in, i have experienced this problem of the rear seats getting a little warm, but not much. That was one of the main reasons that i cancelled the booking at first. But, luckily there is no such problem in my car. Also, the heat resistant material used to get warm in the other nano but I have faced no such problem in mine! :-) (Touchwood! lol)( you can check the pic that i have put in the first page:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2039611-post15.html ).

And, you can definitely consider this as your car for daily commute. Its small but spacious, extremely easy to drive and its known to be easy on the pocket too ( I cant comment on that right now!).
Good to hear that the heat insulation is better now. In our Gypsy, we have shielded the entire inner cabin (transmission tunnel, footwells, roof) with 8-10 mm Heatlon, to aid cooling. I'm sure if any heating issues crop up, Nano guys can give Heatlon a shot.

Looking forward to your service reports, trip reports and experiences with the Nano. Cheers and drive safe!

Sriku
Old 25th August 2010, 14:31   #25
BANNED

Quote:
@joshguy: I do not think it was me as we were in a ride in the airport region! Was it somewhere there that you saw the car or close to attukal temple? If its the latter, it might be an other similar yellow nano for reg! he he:-)

I guess i saw the nano on saturday night on my way from Kanyakumari to TVM,and i saw it near the Y junction it say left for airport and right for Rly Staion (i guess)

Anyways congrats and what about the mileage ?
Old 25th August 2010, 21:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Good to hear that the heat insulation is better now. In our Gypsy, we have shielded the entire inner cabin (transmission tunnel, footwells, roof) with 8-10 mm Heatlon, to aid cooling. I'm sure if any heating issues crop up, Nano guys can give Heatlon a shot.

Looking forward to your service reports, trip reports and experiences with the Nano. Cheers and drive safe!

Sriku
Thanks. For an information, is it available just by the name Heatlon? Or is there any other thing i should specify? And in which kind of shops is this found? Sorry, i have no idea about this!
And surely will try to update my thread regularly! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I guess i saw the nano on saturday night on my way from Kanyakumari to TVM,and i saw it near the Y junction it say left for airport and right for Rly Staion (i guess)

Anyways congrats and what about the mileage ?
If so , then it might be our car! lol.
As i have just covered around 100 km in the car, i have not been able to check the mileage figures. Will do a tankful next time and check it. The only thing i can say is that the eight liters of fuel in my car has not got over yet!
cheers!

And guys, have a prob here. I am planning to do some decent ICE in my car. The dealers are promoting some OE stuff of sony. But they keep the speakers in a box under the parcel tray. Actually, that is the only storage space available in the nano. So i do not want to waste that. And, tata has a special speakers which can be kept on the dashboard, but its of not great quality.
And does anyone have any idea about the audio system made by Visteon especially for the nano as a Genuine Accessory? It has CD/Mp3, FM, USB, Aux In, Bluetooth and all. I saw it in an other nano ownership thread but the dealers have no idea of such a system. Other nano owners, please help.

Also, i am planning to do 3M sunfilm, may be RE 50. Have not got a quote for the same yet. The tata dealers are having Autographix, but i have not read anything about their sunfilms, so do not know how it is. So should i go with 3M RE 50, or Garware Icecool Elite 50 or Autographix ones??
Old 26th August 2010, 12:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. For an information, is it available just by the name Heatlon? Or is there any other thing i should specify? And in which kind of shops is this found? Sorry, i have no idea about this!
And surely will try to update my thread regularly! :-)
AFAIK the product is named Heatlon itself, pics of it in gsferrari's gypsy are available here
It is the white, foam like material in the footwell and the cabin roof. Will try to get approx costs etc from gsferrari for you. Most aftermarket A/C installers will know this product and be able to source it for you.

Cheers,
Sriku
Old 26th August 2010, 17:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK the product is named Heatlon itself, pics of it in gsferrari's gypsy are available here
It is the white, foam like material in the footwell and the cabin roof. Will try to get approx costs etc from gsferrari for you. Most aftermarket A/C installers will know this product and be able to source it for you.

Cheers,
Sriku
Thanks a lot for the information. Am going through that interesting thread. I do not feel the need for it now, but in case of any need, need to be equipped! Thanks a ton! Now i am in a dilemma regarding sunfilms and audio system!
Old 26th August 2010, 17:50   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the information. Am going through that interesting thread. I do not feel the need for it now, but in case of any need, need to be equipped! Thanks a ton! Now i am in a dilemma regarding sunfilms and audio system!
The other Nano threads advocate extreme caution while playing with the wiring for any music system in the Nano. Some have opted to install a 12V DC socket and are running Chinese boom boxes (with SD, USB, aux inputs). Others are settling for the OEM HU and front speakers on the dash itself done at the T.A.S.S, to avoid voiding warranty.

Cheers,
Sriku
Old 26th August 2010, 18:08   #30
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

OEM HU would ensure that wires are not cut, and I do recommend that as far as possible. Speakers need not be the ones that the car vendor recommends, but the HU should as far as possible be a socket fit, without any wire cutting.

Besides warranty issue, the connection stays reliable for longer in when one goes for a socket match.

You could possibly take the dashboard speakers that TATA has, and replace just the cones (with magnets) inside that case for better sound while still having the same external look and not loosing out on the space that the dealers sony speakers are taking up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks