Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 15:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Polo is like a mini SUV in terms of ground clearance. Together with a good suspension you can forget about kissing any speed breaker. This is one of the highlights of the car and is the best in class. Till now i have never grounded the bottom even after touching 3.5K driving through some of treacherous terrains.
Old 31st August 2010, 15:19   #47
BHPian

what is the make of Tyres in the Highline version & its 15 wheels inches right
Looks awesome
Old 31st August 2010, 16:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Mr. Chethan:
I have a question for you. Give that you took your car in a road trip sometime back, how did you feel about the suspension ? For instance, there are numerous reports on Tata Manza that its suspension is supersoft. With just 4 people and some luggage on the boot, its suspension starts kissing each and every speed-breaker. Is this also the case for Polo?

-Mohan
Mohan, this is already discussed on a number of actuations, in various Polo ownership threads, including mine. GC is the best in Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Polo is like a mini SUV in terms of ground clearance. Together with a good suspension you can forget about kissing any speed breaker. This is one of the highlights of the car and is the best in class. Till now i have never grounded the bottom even after touching 3.5K driving through some of treacherous terrains.
+1 to that. I have done more than 7000Kms with variety of loads. Never had any problem.
Old 31st August 2010, 22:28   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
Looks awesome
+1 to this - they certainly look awesome, one of the big pluses of the highline. They are 15" alloys with 185/60 tubeless tyres. Quite comfortable in all terrains. I can overtake other cars on the road with ease on potholed roads, quite similar to a Scorpio!

Last edited by Driver2000 : 31st August 2010 at 22:33.
Old 31st August 2010, 23:53   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
Looks awesome
Yes they are 15" , the make is Appolo Accelere .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
+1 to this - they certainly look awesome, one of the big pluses of the highline. They are 15" alloys with 185/60 tubeless tyres. Quite comfortable in all terrains. I can overtake other cars on the road with ease on potholed roads, quite similar to a Scorpio!
I would have preferred a 195/55 one though . It would have added the muscle to the car . Also I wish if we had 16" wheels atleast optional .
16" and 17" wheels are given optional in European Polo .
17" would be high hopes as it wont be a good option to the indian roads .
16" would have been fine .
Old 1st September 2010, 19:17   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post

I would have preferred a 195/55 one though . It would have added the muscle to the car . Also I wish if we had 16" wheels atleast optional .
16" and 17" wheels are given optional in European Polo .
17" would be high hopes as it wont be a good option to the indian roads .
16" would have been fine .
Yeah, larger wheels would have been cooler. Although, it would be pricier too - and potentially eating into the VW larger vehicles' space. For a hatchback, 15" is not a bad size - I for one surely am not complaining. Love the SUV type grip and ride
Old 4th September 2010, 16:56   #52
BHPian

A bit late but congrats D2000 on the new Polo. Sure seems Bangalore roads are gonna be filled up with lotsa Polos, looking forward to more pics, feedback. I never seem to be getting bored of polo reviews.
Old 5th September 2010, 16:11   #53
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th September 2010 at 10:41.
Subaro123 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th September 2010, 17:02   #54
BHPian

Congrats on hot buy. My next will be a VW, hopefully. Does VW Polo look hot - was following a Polo for 5 minutes in night & the tail lights just looked so fab. 'njoy your drives.
Old 6th September 2010, 11:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubhai View Post
A bit late but congrats D2000 on the new Polo. Sure seems Bangalore roads are gonna be filled up with lotsa Polos, looking forward to more pics, feedback. I never seem to be getting bored of polo reviews.
Thanks, Manubhai. I will continue posting pics and reviews. Am working on the FE figures for now. Update coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Congrats on hot buy. My next will be a VW, hopefully. Does VW Polo look hot - was following a Polo for 5 minutes in night & the tail lights just looked so fab. 'njoy your drives.
Thanks 5kmiles, VW have certainly got their branding and imaging right. Hopefully, you will buy one soon - they seem to be going all out in different segments as well.

Question for all other Polo owners: I read the recent annual anniversary issue of Overdrive, where they have compared all the hatches in the market today - from Nano, i20, Polo etc to the Jazz. Very interesting parameters (if your co passenger can put her makeup while driving, large person fitting in the car and so on). The Polo fared well in the overall driveablity (yay!), but not so well in some of the other parameters. Worth a read though - to see how the automotive scene is doing.

Last edited by GTO : 8th September 2010 at 10:42. Reason: Removing quoted post that has been deleted
Old 7th September 2010, 15:58   #56
BHPian

II. The Fuel Efficiecy game is on!

Continuing on my earlier posts on the FE figures - I completed my first tank full of petrol last week. The car has run around 500 kms, using 39.25 liters of fuel. This returns me a FE of 12.73 kmpl. This is with city running only within Bangalore, and mixed AC on. Not earth shattering figures yet, but we shall see how the engine wears in and if the FE figures get any better.

On my second car fill, the FE seems higher, so far - looking at the average petrol and kms travelled. This is again from the MID, so we shall see how it fares within the next couple of weeks.

Other Petrol Polo owners: any trends on what FE have you seen progressively (first tankfill, second tankfill etc), and different conditions?
Old 16th September 2010, 12:27   #57
BHPian

'Upgrading' the ICE in the Polo Highline

All right, so here is trying to solve a favourite grouse of a lot of Polo HL users. While browsing Amazon, I have found products that sit in the car charger, and interact with your radio through FM. These products can play music from our mp3 players/iopds, can allow you to take calls from your iPhone (not sure about other mobiles), and charges your players as well. Solves the issue of the usb/aux to quite an extent. The most promising one costs around 50 $, and are available from as low as 10$.

This is by no means a commercial post; just wanted to share this info. Here's a link to a couple of samples: Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexPort+ Car Mount System with NEW Signal Intensifying FM Transmitter and Charger for Apple iPhone 4 / iPhone 3G / 3GS / iPod / touch / nano / classic - Hands-Free iPhone Call Capability - DC Grip-Stabilizing Mount Design: Acces
Amazon.com: FM Transmitter + Car Charger + Holder ~Remote Included!~ for iPhone 3GS 3G iP...: Electronics

Apparently, amazon does not ship this directly to India, so we will still have to figure out a way to ship it to US and have our friendly neighbourhood traveller get it with them!

Very interested in seeing if some of us guys in Bangalore want to pool resources and get this.
Old 20th September 2010, 13:54   #58
BHPian

II. The Fuel efficiency in second refill

With a 100% city run, albeit about 20% on the elevated expressway to Electronic City; I got a mileage of about 14.08 kmpl. This is primarily with no AC, but similar to my last conditions. Happy to see the mileage rise from 12.5 to 14.

Have also crossed 1000 kms now, so getting the beauty beyond the 3K mark on the tacho, and over 100 kmph happily. Still seeing very good mileage figures on good cruising speed - this engine certainly knows its job!
Old 6th October 2010, 16:54   #59
BHPian

My first 'breakdown'

About 1500 kms on the odo, in about 1.5 months of having the car; and I had my first breakdown couple of days ago. Just to outline the scenario - I drive on possibly the worst roads in Bangalore - the Harlur road, and the Belandur - HAL Airport road; as I commute from HAL Airport to E City daily.

So while driving home at about 8 30 pm two nights ago, I took a speed 'breaker' - and started hearing a weird sound from the front wheel. Slowed down immediately, and the sound grew worse - a screeching sound, followed by a 'tnk' 'tnk' sound - like a spring come loose and being wound repeatedly outside its area. Didnt want to drive home - another 3 kms in this situation, for causing additional damage. Called up VW helpline ( 1800 number), who connected me with a service advisor - who in turn asked for the car to be flat bedded to the dealership. This was arranged for, and in about 1.5 hours, the truck came and picked up the Polo, went to the dealership. Next day around noon, got a call that all was well - I could pick up the car in the evening.

Summary of lessons for fellow Polo owners:
a) The weird sound was apparently a part of the break coming loose, and creating the scary sound. This does not need the vehicle to be taken on a truck - it can still be driven to your home and the VW technician can come home and fix it. Actually, one of the technicians advised this to me as well - but I wasnt sure so insisted on sending the car to them.
b) VW service in this regards was quite professional. Apart from waiting for about 1.5 hours on the road while the pickup was being arranged - no other issues. No money asked for.

Couple of questions:
a) Does anyone know what is the allowed limits around road side assistance? Is it two per year, or is it two per the warranty period (ie, for two years)
b) Anyone hear anything about extended warranty on the Polo?
Old 6th October 2010, 18:37   #60
BHPian

Quote:
So while driving home at about 8 30 pm two nights ago, I took a speed 'breaker' - and started hearing a weird sound from the front wheel.
How fast you were going and is this one of those U shaped breakers, car underbody took a hit ?

Quote:
Summary of lessons for fellow Polo owners:
a) The weird sound was apparently a part of the break coming loose, and creating the scary sound. This does not need the vehicle to be taken on a truck - it can still be driven to your home and the VW technician can come home and fix it. Actually, one of the technicians advised this to me as well - but I wasnt sure so insisted on sending the car to them.
Can you please elaborate on part of the break coming loose. Does it have any effect on braking, it would be good if you can share the info provided by the service advisor at dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks